Intrac LSD vs normal rear diff

2»

Comments

• Zwierzak89Zwierzak89 New Wagonist
    Guys i have a problem. I have intrac with alb in my wagon but i have a problem with rear diff. My abs isn't working, abs & diff gauges on dash are on, and when diff becomes warm, cluth (or LSD) are going crazy. It starts to turn on and off rear diff in few seconds... it sounds like big boom.. i've disengage whole 4wd for now... I know my ABS isnt working cause i havent got abs ring (or abs crown) on my front wheel. I bought it and fit on front CV but how to reset abs?? I was writing to polish honda service and they didnt know anything... sory 4 poor English :(
    i must say that whole system was working for a while....
    about rear sway bar i have one form ed9 crx in wagon :D yes its super stable on corners :D
  • GriftyGrifty Wagonist
    Fix your ABS issue first as both of the systems are connected to each other. I bet fixing the ABS system will also get rid of the 4WD light.
    ok. But how reset the abs system to get rid of both lights?? I bought abs ring and put in on CV and nothing happends... I saw that alb (abs) module is in trunk on right side and has the same "EYE" like the ecu that flash error codes. But i dont have time to fight with this right now..
  • Willdat?Willdat? Band Wagon
    In my experience (EF5 Beagle) The ABS system resets each time you start the car - so if the ABS light is still on then the issue is not fixed...
    mhmmm :D for now i've took out the dog cluth plug and i'm driving with "normal" rt4wd :D
    Guys finnaly abs gauge and diff gauge are gone :D Reason was very simple, there was no ABS fuses in engine bay :D But we still have a little problem. After few km's car rear diff is getting louder and louder and it's starting to shake whole car. It looks like the car has 4wd all the time... Should i rebuild the viscous coupler??
  • Zwierzak89 wrote: »
    Guys finnaly abs gauge and diff gauge are gone :D Reason was very simple, there was no ABS fuses in engine bay :D But we still have a little problem. After few km's car rear diff is getting louder and louder and it's starting to shake whole car. It looks like the car has 4wd all the time... Should i rebuild the viscous coupler??

There is no viscous coupler in the INTRAC 4wd version, you might have to replace the rear diff to fix the issue. Try changing the diff oil first and see what happens, it uses 80w-90 oil.
    yyyy ok :D
    ddf6aaeaff0ca5c2med.jpg
    So if viscous is that what i've marked blue, what is that marked red? I have this part wet and i've thought that this is viscous coupler :D
    I've allready changed oil and after that problem was started :D I've bought 80W90 LSD oil now so maybe this will help... hope... I cant replace the diff cause i dont know where to look for it. I was in few Honda service's and i've called almost all service's in PL and they dont know what INTRAC or A.L.B. is:D
    I have another news ;D I remember that on summer tires 4wd was working good, so yesterday i put summer tires on car and turn on 4wd. And guess what :D Car is working :D I have no idea why and how but its working.. Im wondering how long...
  • GriftyGrifty Wagonist
    Good to hear! The red part is a CV joint for the tailshaft, it allows movement in the tailshaft when the engine moves.
    Guys im wondering about brakes. How to bleed brakes with alb system?? Same as with abs?? And with alb there are two brake fluid tanks...
  • GriftyGrifty Wagonist
    You need to bleed the ALB pump and then bleed the brakes.

This DIY will help you, although it's for a different car the process is the same.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?32792-DIY-ABS-Bleed-Type-I-amp-II

Instead of using the Honda tool you can use a 9mm 12 sided socket.

you can manually apply power to the pump, the red wire on the pump is positive and the green wire is negative.
  • rti intracrti intrac Senior Wagonist
    Dragging this up again.
    I was in the shed looking for other stuff and noticed a the intrac trans is different to the rt trans. It doesn't have the 2wd - 4wd mechanism

Intrac on the left and standard on the right

https://flic.kr/p/Rp93Th