I dont think this deserves its own thread. CRV content. Gross

So realllllllllly long story short, I am having troubles getting the Element Title.

Now those interested in the long-er story continue reading- otherwise skip to pictures!!

So I cant register the Element. Because I have no title. I cant prove ownership. I paid cash. I am out 15k. Sort of. It's been 6 months since I purchased the vehicle. The guy had a lien on the car via Wells Fargo. Wells Fargo should have been holding the title or so one would think. They didn't have it. The state of Missouri didn't have it (where the car was registered). Illinois didn't have it (the state where the car was purchased). Nor was there any sign of it being titled in recent years.

Guy promised title over and over again. And I was like ok, because Im a huge push over. Still no title.

^meanwhile during all this (and because I believed the Element title would show up sooner than later) I sold my trusty wagon. I sold the wagon because I was going to save up and buy something cool or something RHD or something weird this summer... I dunno. I was willing to wait and look around for something that I thought was neat and different.

SO I try to bond for a title for the Element. Basically, do a bunch of shit so Colorado will make me a title. But to bond for title you have to purchase a bond. A bond for a 15k car is expensive (I was quoted 1500-4000). You eventually get the bond money back, from my understanding, but 3 years later. I find this out midway through the bonding process. Where was I.... O so during this process, I get a vin inspection by Colorado's finest. The vin inspection has to be done by an officer and not the regular old emissions place because this shit is serious- they say- in not so many words. So during the vin inspection the cop sees my old license plates I've been running (from the Element I wrecked). Cop man is not happy. Takes them off for me. Tells me to park the car and don't even think of driving it with fake plates because I will be super fucked. Again in not so many words.

So I park the Element.

Fuck.

I have 3000 dollars saved from Wagon.

I use it to buy this shit box. Basically I just wanted something that ran, had a clean Colorado title, would pass emissions, and could get me to work. Those 3 things are surprisingly impossible to find for 3000 dollars. I regret selling the wagon at this point.

Meet Jennifer. She's fully legal to drive on the streets.
117.jpg

118.jpg

119.jpg

I took the clock to the engineering department at work and had them fix it.
120.jpg

I stop by a friends house and buy a bunch of shit I dont need.
121.jpg

Feeling pretty good about Jennifer, as I finally get her titled, insured & registered, literal moments later, I get on the freeway and the window trim starts flapping in the wind. Let your hair down Jen. Perfect.
122.jpg

Comments

• Damn :(
    Jen doesn't look bad though.
  • That story is soul crushing. I've owned 18 cars and a few of them have ended up being shitty stories or ragrets. Most of us in the car game long enough all have them. But I also know that you're like me/us and that in a year or two you will have something awesome that you love that will take up a piece of your heart like many cars before it. Know that day will come, and we'll be waiting for you to tell us all about it. :)
  • BillBoardBillBoard council member
    Damn :(
    Jen doesn't look bad though.
    Lols she will be for sale soon enough...
    superhatch wrote: »
    That story is soul crushing. I've owned 18 cars and a few of them have ended up being shitty stories or ragrets. Most of us in the car game long enough all have them. But I also know that you're like me/us and that in a year or two you will have something awesome that you love that will take up a piece of your heart like many cars before it. Know that day will come, and we'll be waiting for you to tell us all about it. :)
    Yeah, I've been through a mess like this a long time ago. And I said I would never do it again, but here I am. It's just, I trusted Wells Fargo to be holding the title. I shouldn't have trusted Wells Fargo.

meanwhile, I started cleaning up the seat I got from my friend. I didnt really need a new seat, but it had an armrest. And my friend said I could just have the whole thing... so...
    123.jpg
    Installed some stuff.

OEM CRV cd player.
    OEM roof rack
    OEM nerf bars
    OEM seat with Armrest
    OEM rear tire cover
    140.jpg

141.jpg

142.jpg
  • crv. black. 5 speed. whats not to love. looks clean too. sorry about the whole title fiasco.
    civtec350 wrote: »
    whats not to love.

its not a wagon?
  • BillBoard wrote: »
    its not a wagon?

All ya gotta do Bill is close ur eyes and make believe. We'll support ya though this mess, promise.
  • rti intracrti intrac Senior Wagonist
    BillBoard wrote: »
    its not a wagon?

Just say it's the wagons successor

Looks good! I'm glad we don't have titles and associated stuff here in nz. Sounds like a huge pain.
  • mistahjoemistahjoe New Wagonist
    drop it. instant wagon.

jk.

even though it isn't a wagon, and you think it's gross, looks like you're giving Jen a little bit of love