My 88 wagon

1235»

Comments

• That's the think about it, cant find one. So I topped it off, bleed the brakes, and left it sitting outside of my shop on the drive way to see if it leaks down over night.
  • Check those seals in the rear drums. Mine were all yucked up.
  • Well I had the passenger side rear lock up on me last winter. Replaced both of them at the same time. If it leaks down Ill pull the drums and check them tho.
  • Not sure if you've done them already but if it ends up being an issue with the lines and you're looking to go over to a stainless set, let me know. I bought the rear disc brake conversion from Lowflyin' and it came with stainless steel lines. I'd already upgraded mine to goodridge brake lines and will be pulling those off when I get unlazy and do the conversion.
  • So the car set over night and no visible leaks. I put the car on jack stands took all four wheels off and got my wife to pump the brakes without and with the car running and no leaks. Im lost. I guess I will just have to check the fluid level ever time I drive it to make sure its not dropping.
  • Damn mystery leaks, oh how they vex us.
  • PopPopsGaragePopPopsGarage Council Member
    Check the rear wheel cylinders! look inside of the wheels for the leak!
  • No leaks have been found yet. I really do think it just evaporated over the summer. Also the dizzy took a shit on me yesterday. After work on my way home, it cut off three times and when I got home and let it cool down car wouldn't crank back up. All it would do is turn over. No spark. When it shut off on me the first time, it went into limp mode and wouldn't rev past 3300 rpms. Also had the check engine light come on and it has code 4.
  • I don't think the stuff just evaporates, I've had some in an open jar in my garage for two years and there's not ben any appreciable loss of fluid. it might have absorbed some moisture over the summer though and caused part of the component to rust up and have developed a leak there. So there's gotta be a leak somewhere, probably just in a hard to see spot though.

Code four is the crank position sensor which happened to me as well when I was having distributor issues.
  • Well it hasn't lost a drop of brake fluid yet. Yea as soon as I seen the light on the ecu flash four times, I knew it was about time for the dizzy to quit working. My first Integra did the same thing. And it died the same way.
  • Well the plan was to order a dizzy today but I woke up to this horrible sound coming from the A/C unit to my house. Once again the fan motor is starting to lock up on me. This will be the third time replacing it in a little over a year. So all that money went to a new fan motor.
  • Inside fan or fan on the compressor? I've had to replace one once, and I'm here in Texas where it gets mighty hot. Being on a third motor in a year on that definitely points to something else being jacked.
  • Compressor fan. You would think that but the first that went bad was 8 years old. It was the original one that came with the unit. Second one was locked up bearings. Water got in it some how. This one is the same thing. Pulled the it apart and it was full of water. Just piece of crap motors I'm getting. Trying to get my money back on both cause clearly there's a problem.
  • Yeah definitely, so, and that is a major bite in the ass. I've been through Georgia, you got humidity like a mofo there as well so I feel that pain for sure. I have a dizzy coming in myself, mine is giving up the ghost. Had to whack on it with a screwdriver to make the drive home. That was after it died going to work a couple days back.

My plan is to follow

Since replacing just the coil inside is cheap, and someone posted in the chat a couple days ago that you might be able to get the ignitor for free? So if it's just the coil you're looking at a $20 fix vs $100+

Might be worth checking if you have the time and tools, and haven't already gone down that route.
  • I know it been awhile but I have been trying to narrow down the issues with the dizzy. Replaced the cap, button, plugs, plug wires, and coil and still going into limp mode. Tried a different ecu and still goes into limp mode. Chased all the dizzy wires and no problems there. Checked compression and fuel pressure and no problems. Checked timing and it good. Im just going to order another dizzy and see what happens.
  • Dizzy fixed the revving issues. But now this hoe won't stay idling. Burn it with fire.
  • So a guy messaged me on group I'm a part of on Facebook and asked if I would sell my wagon. So I threw out a ridiculous amount and he said he would let me know something by Friday. So I might be getting out the wagon game.
  • So I couldn't work out a deal with the guy wanting to buy my wagon. Also yesterday morning the driver side rear brake cylinder locked up on me. Its finally getting kind of cool in Georgia so it wasn't fun sitting in the parking lot trying to fix it lol.
  • Out with the old in with the new. I hate doing work on brake drums. I see a disc conversion in my future.

201.jpg
  • Picked me up a ek center console. Im going to try and put it in tomorrow.
  • Picked me up a ek center console. Im going to try and put it in tomorrow.

Pictures PLEASE!
  • Sorry it took me so long to post pics but I've been sick. Here's a rough figment of the ek center console. Will need some more work but hey I'm liking it so far.

97.jpg
  • I forget about this forum. Well started blowing the wagon apart for some paint work.

51.jpg