My 88 wagon

I just bought an 88 wagon (dpfi automatic). Car only has two dents or rust in it that I can find so far. It was only running on three cyclinders when I got it home. Did some routin maintanence on it and found one of the spark pins inside of the dizzy broke off. Replaced the dizzy, rotor button, wires, plugs, and valve cover gasket and it runs prefect. Now all i need is a passenger side axle, passenger side lower control, and a passenger side radius arm and it will road ready. Radius arm is broke and the pervious ower continued to drive it till it destroyed and the bushing and screwed up the control arm itself. have big plans for it obd0 to obd1 swap, automatic to manual swap, poorman type r, ys1 cable, wheels and suspension. Then autocross it. Its a true diamond in the rough.

312.jpg

Comments

• Its been awhile since I posted some progress on the wagon but I got a few things done. Found the front cross member was rusted out so had to replace that. i also started buying up parts to swap it. I have put the poorman type r on hold for now due to wanting to built the head, so Ive picked up a b18a1 swap for now. I also lowered it a good bit too.

246.jpg

247.jpg
  • rbwdrivenrbwdriven Senior Wagonist
    Holy Shitballs.

That is a rusted out front crossmember.

Did if get into the rails or anything else?

good to have another GA member.
  • Its got a little bit but nothing I cant prevent from getting worse thank goodness.
  • Also picking up a complete ls swap Sunday. Bye Bye d15.
  • Picked up my ls swap today. I was told it was a obd0 swap. I started looking it over and found out someone had swapped the long geared A1 with a YS1 gsr cable. The guy didn't even notice it till I had paid for it, loaded it, and then showed him lol. 338.jpg
  • jongsrjongsr Wagonist
    How did you identify that it is a gsr ys1?
  • pulled the casing apart and counted the teeth on all five gears
  • jongsrjongsr Wagonist
    What's the difference in teeth, how many on the short geared gsr compared to the LS ys1? Curious because I seem to read a LOT of different info.
  • I have 4.40 final drive. I was under the impression that 4.266 is a ls final drive. I also have an A1 cable laying around and I know for sure it has the 4.266 final drive. So 15 on the main and 66 on the counter is what I have.
  • Picked these up tonight. Smurf jizz blue lol. 427.jpg
  • Wheels are on and I got tired of the nasty looking hood so I striped it and primed it. 438.jpg
  • It's been awhile since I've posted on here but lost the passenger side strut. Replaced the front struts and car rides like a dream. 71.jpg
  • After finishing up the shocks, took some pics of the wagon beside my S2K. 195.jpg
  • jongsrjongsr Wagonist
    Extended top hats will extend the life of those new shocks.
  • Finally got a passenger side mirror. 446.jpg
  • Danier-SanDanier-San New Wagonist
    Is that an Integra seat I see? I've got that done too...
  • Yes it is. The stock ones were complete crap when I got them.
  • Mirror installed and new tie rods installed. 447.jpg
  • Update: Bought shift linkage, axles, half radiator, rear t bracket, and adjustible rear upper control arms. Also ordered 8000k hid's due to the fact I drove it home for the first time at night and couldnt see 3 feet in front of me. All thats left is mounts and swapping it from dpfi to mpfi and the ls swap will be ready to go in.
  • Just a heads up, sometimes u need to switch out the L bracket on the motor that bolts to the driver side mount. I forget which one but I remember going thru a couple to find the right know when doing my poor mans type R. Anyways good build man! Can't wait to see the progress
  • Thanks dude. Are you talking about the bracket that bolts to the head and the driver side engine mount bolts to it?
  • So new fuse block showed up today and still no luck. I noticed that smoke was coming out from behind the gauge cluster. Found a rat nest of wires behind the cluster. Anyone got pics or pin out on the gauge cluster?
  • i can go pull mine out reall quick if you would like.
    my rig is an 88 as well.
  • 393.jpg394.jpg
    Tried to get a close up of the three yellows.
    395.jpg396.jpg
  • Thank you very much.
  • Its been awhile since I posted anything. I have ordered almost everything to put in my LS swap. Now I'm just waiting for parts to show up.
  • Bye bye to the single jingle. Will start pulling out the single this weekend.
  • bam-bambam-bam Council Member
    Nice. The LS makes it a whole different car.
  • I hope so cause automatic dual point sucks lol.
  • Ordered injector clips, round dizzy plug, resistor box plug, clutch cable, and pr4 ecu. Now I have everything ordered to finish up the swap. Ill be posting pics once I get time.