U.S. We have blinds! (Or at least I do)

13»

Comments

• ragenasianragenasian Moderator
    Yes those are a ridiculous rip off. I saw those on the shelves of Okinawa collecting dust.
  • klumklum Senior Wagonist
    ragenasian wrote: »
    Yes those are a ridiculous rip off. I saw those on the shelves of Okinawa collecting dust.
    I know times are bad in Japan but damn , I wonder how mud ep importers was selling them for before they made a waiting list...lol nz I tried to like your post or whatever but it gave a thumbs down instead hah
  • NZ-DB8RNZ-DB8R Moderator
    Haha all good. I bought mine off Upgarage (probably same as EP importers) and paid $100NZ delivered via Airpost a couple years ago when exchange rates were worse.
    If EP brought them over via container shipping he is probably getting them for about $50US, maybe less.

Plus EP importers seems to show them as being for a Shuttle which they are not, they are completly universal and do need to be slightly modified to fit properly in a Wagon/Shuttle. The picture of a Shuttle he has shown is for a completly different set of Honda Access Blinds
  • VladiVladi Senior Wagonist
    I seen em at epimporters not too long ago for a much lower price. But they were out of stock... think they were about 80 dollar ex shipping at that time?
    Lol Mr EP Importers does not like me saying they are ripping everyone off 2xnegative post ratings for me, oh no. Hard to disagree when I have bought some myself and know what they cost
  • EP ImportersEP Importers Band Wagon
    Hello Everyone,

I am here because I got our first complaint from a customer and a lot said here is wrong and/or the person does not know the whole story. And assuming that I am ripping people off this time around.

First off, I never forced anyone to buy. I found an expensive batch of 17 sets and it was a hard decision to make; if I should do the investment or not. We have been searching for 8 months (therefore the last time we had them) for a waiting list that reached more than 50 people. My wife talked me into getting them even though we barely made any money.... it is just as important to provide them back on the market. for people who really needs/wants them.

To many people here in this thread is guessing what is happening on our side all the way in Japan. I have only found blinds on Yahoo auction. We live in the very country side and there isn't even good enough shops around us, not even Autobacs.... I don't think we have ever searched Up Garage for these unless my wife did and if so obviously she did not have any luck. Never came to my mind personally because the majority of Up Garage products are used. So NO NZ-DB8R I DID NOT BUY FROM UP GARAGE and if you know where to get them for really cheap PLEASE left us know. lol We are located in Japan You container comment sounds like you think we have international branch in USA. lol Sorry we are just a mom and pop shop in Japan.

I checked my receipts from past sales and the cheapest I sold solo was for ¥13,700 shipped and that was all the way back in 2011...... when I could find them easily and cheap. Now it seems so hard to find through the internet. People you got to understand that I won't be able to find all of them in Japan nor the best prices because I am only 1 man..... What I buy them for shipped to my office will be the resale cost + our fee and shipping.
    If I can find them cheaper than I can resale them cheaper..... I am not here to dry our anyones pockets..... Over the past 2.5 years of business this is the first I have ran into a problem with blinds that is not really my fault at all. If I was ripping people off than why do I post the blinds on my site for everyone to see and the 1st week I am almost sold out.... I only have 2 in stock. Sounds like some people need to realize the history of these and how rare and expensive they have become over the last 2 years.

I did have a batch before this current one.... but I did not edit my site because they were sold instantly to people on a waiting list from that point of time..... they were for sale around ¥21,000 shipped.... that was 8 months ago. So of course there was no point to change my site if I had none left..... I had other things taking up my time.

Some people said from the waiting list that they were too expensive, and I knew they would to some people because they are...... but I am afraid the blinds are going instinct and I felt even though the cost is higher that it was my duty to get them back on the market again for people who really wanted them; people who "pay to play the game" ..... as did I to invest in them.
    Fair enough, its supply and demand. If people are willing to pay then good on you for doing so. I was lucky that I have a friend who imports stuff from Japan, a lot of people dont have this so have to pay for the service.

I bought my set for 6500Yen in 2010 brand new (still have them in the garage I just remembered) so ended up being less than $100NZ delivered. I wasnt meaning to insult you or your business, the prices just seemed expensive compared with my own experiances
    Hello,

Also, you don't have to take my word on today's value on these blinds. Anyone can go to our FaceBook page and see that I posted this current sale there too and the people that do know the rarity and value of these are saying themselves this is a good deal..... even though it is expensive.
    Yesterday I had 1 person buy 4 sets after buying 1 set last week.
    A lot of know these are going instinct.
    FB:
    https://www.facebook.com/EPImporters
    FB Posting for Blinds can be found on June 30th.
    Hello,

Its cool, as I said I was hesitate to invest blindly but my wife knew if we did buy that day, it might take another year to find more......

It really comes down to being at the right place and the right time....
    I wish I also had the option to look off the net, but we live in the sticks. lol

If your friend still can access more, please let me know and that will help bring the cost down if he can still get them for cheap.
  • still havent installed mine. thanks ep. i didnt think i over paid. its hard for things like the blinds to come around.
    Anyone else have problems keeping them mounted?
    seems to be a little unstable after 60 mph and wind gusts rattle them to crease
    NZ-DB8R wrote: »
    Haha all good. I bought mine off Upgarage (probably same as EP importers) and paid $100NZ delivered via Airpost a couple years ago when exchange rates were worse.
    If EP brought them over via container shipping he is probably getting them for about $50US, maybe less.

Plus EP importers seems to show them as being for a Shuttle which they are not, they are completly universal and do need to be slightly modified to fit properly in a Wagon/Shuttle. The picture of a Shuttle he has shown is for a completly different set of Honda Access Blinds

Maybe seeing this post for the first time. And feel to reply to it.

Lets clear up the assumptions on how I did business with the blinds. It would have been nice to just ask us, instead of me reading what you wrote and sound like you are lost in left field.

* No I never bought blinds from UP Garage, never thought about that resource to be honest for this part. Maybe my wife have searched and got 0 results.
    * We have only bought blinds from Yahoo Auction.
    * Shipping them over via Container: OBVIOUSLY you don't know anything about us if you don't know we are in Japan not in US or other country. We only have 1 location and that is in Japan and we export small parts like this via Post Office.
    * I only advertised the blinds the way the maker advertised them! The photo of the Shuttle is on the back of the package. LOL
    * Have not had shuttle customers complain about fitment, but if there was, I could not do anything about it since we are not the maker and they are discontinued anyways.
    * We personally did not increase the profit margin on them after they got big in the US market. We bought so many in 2011~2012, that I think people in Japan caught on to us and noticed they were being exported and shortly after the market on them here sky rocketed, while we still had a huge demand for them. It was so bad of an increase in the JDM, that after 2012 sales we were making a lot less because the sellers in the market here wanted the whole PIE and not a PIECE of it. lol

I hope this clears things up. And now and then we can afford a set to invest in. They are so ridiculous priced here in Japan now.
    I just sold a used set and I have 1 new set in stock and it is a pretty penny. I really wish I could sell them like we did 4yrs ago.
    http://www.etsuryu.com/apps/webstore/products/show/2632841

Robert
    Maybe seeing this post for the first time. And feel to reply to it.

Lets clear up the assumptions on how I did business with the blinds. It would have been nice to just ask us, instead of me reading what you wrote and sound like you are lost in left field.

* No I never bought blinds from UP Garage, never thought about that resource to be honest for this part. Maybe my wife have searched and got 0 results.
    * We have only bought blinds from Yahoo Auction.
    * Shipping them over via Container: OBVIOUSLY you don't know anything about us if you don't know we are in Japan not in US or other country. We only have 1 location and that is in Japan and we export small parts like this via Post Office.
    * I only advertised the blinds the way the maker advertised them! The photo of the Shuttle is on the back of the package. LOL
    * Have not had shuttle customers complain about fitment, but if there was, I could not do anything about it since we are not the maker and they are discontinued anyways.
    * We personally did not increase the profit margin on them after they got big in the US market. We bought so many in 2011~2012, that I think people in Japan caught on to us and noticed they were being exported and shortly after the market on them here sky rocketed, while we still had a huge demand for them. It was so bad of an increase in the JDM, that after 2012 sales we were making a lot less because the sellers in the market here wanted the whole PIE and not a PIECE of it. lol

I hope this clears things up. And now and then we can afford a set to invest in. They are so ridiculous priced here in Japan now.
    I just sold a used set and I have 1 new set in stock and it is a pretty penny. I really wish I could sell them like we did 4yrs ago.
    http://www.etsuryu.com/apps/webstore/products/show/2632841

Robert

¥37,000.00 = $350 lol holy shit thats steep.
    klum wrote: »
    ¥37,000.00 = $350 lol holy shit thats steep.

Yes! Tell me about it.
    I really dislike the market here in Japan because they are selling them for that much. :(
    I just bought one from Yahoo Japan for ¥35,000 to ONLY fulfil an order request. I won't even make anything on it for the most part.
    I really wish I could go back in time and find every last kit in Japan and sell them all at ¥9,000 + shipping like 4 yrs ago.

The problem created by (maybe people buying more than one from us) and reselling them at an extreme cost, such a cost between $300-$400.
    Where is the problem........ well what went around has gone back around...... The Japanese people that see these forums or even eBay links has noticed the value people are flipping them for outside of Japan and JUMPING on the band wagon!
    Therefore, because of this, it is extremely hard for us EtsuRyu (EP Importers) to find them for cheap anymore.

I wish we lived in a big enough city to hunt these down in a small local shop but unfortunately we are not.

fyi: (The set that was on our site was sold yesterday).

Robert