U.S. We have blinds! (Or at least I do)

Comments

• Well done good sir.
  • Have you found a way to put them on. Want to c how they came out.
  • JesseCRXJesseCRX Council Member
    I am curious to see how these turn out.
    I have a buddy in Japan that is hunting some down for me in the meantime.
  • kilo30kilo30 Band Wagon
    He liked to see done. Somebody else built it in civic hatchback? I wonder because I also want to mount on my Civic 90 hatchback
  • JesseCRXJesseCRX Council Member
    hell, I am curious to see someone make some blinds for the rear side bubble windows. I know they made them OEM, but have never EVER seen pics of them besides inside a brochure.
  • SmileSmile Band Wagon
    wowowowowowowowowow :D It's a nice job.
  • delsol8017delsol8017 Band Wagon
    I would def like to see a final pic after they were mounted. Especially to see how you made the brackets to mount them
  • demodulardemodular Band Wagon
    Great job...did you finish them and make them power at all? Hope to see more pics soon.
  • simplyhondasimplyhonda Council Member
    I'm getting back on this soon, I'll post up when I get them mounted!
  • lil'ghostlil'ghost Council Member
    wow, very creative!
  • MoonMoon Band Wagon
    Can't wait for a final picture, so we can see how it looks all together!
  • great creativity. can't wait to see finished pictures.
  • joesaiyangjoesaiyang Band Wagon
    i keep coming back to this thread... at first i thought why would u want to do it yourself... but i'm in love with them now.. i think i'm gonna try it.. i'll let you know how i goes for me..
  • Diy at its best. I love how they look. Will you be adding them to the rear side windows?
  • cstanya88cstanya88 New Wagonist
    Good job man.. It looks amazing...
    Been dragging my feet on this project. Need to get them mounted up!
    Well, it only took 10 months for me to get around to installing these, but they are in! Sorry for the crappy phone/basement pic, but its raining out. I'll take more pics when it is sunny!
    309.jpg
  • 3rd4ce3rd4ce Council Member
    310.jpg
    Yes, I know!
    476.jpg
    478.jpg
    477.jpg

These are the bottom brackets I made and Plasti dipped
    479.jpg
    480.jpg

For the top, I drilled a small hole in the dowel and upper plastic and attached with wire.
    481.jpg
  • What size rods did you use, 1/2 an inch?
  • knottyyknottyy Wagonist
    How are your blinds holding up? I thought I read about you saying they ended up warping from the heat or something? I've had that happen with a wood set that I made. I've tried wood, metal and foamcore so far. Was going to try these faux wood blinds next, but not if they will warp out. You really did do a great job with these, they look stellar.
    Just checking in on an old thread. Sorry for a way delayed update....yes, they warped all to hell. Looked awesome the until it got hot outside. Besides, I couldn't see a damn thing out the back, especially when backing up. It was just something I tried & technically succeeded at but have since abandoned this. If you want blinds, make them out of aluminum or something solid. My opinion... If you want rear blinds, pony up & order Daisy JDM blinds that are adjustable and fit properly.
  • LowFlyin'LowFlyin' Moderator
    I have a bunch of these I just cut off from the blinds in my house. :devilish:

EDIT - nevermind, just read the OP's update.
  • klumklum Senior Wagonist
    theres a website that has some instock right now for roughly $250 usd if any one is interested. i just bought a set the price is a little steep but i really dont mind
  • klum wrote: »
    theres a website that has some instock right now for roughly $250 usd if any one is interested. i just bought a set the price is a little steep but i really dont mind

I Mentioned this a couple years ago and I got busted :p
    busted for what?
    lol i just got mine i cant belive how fast they arrived less than a week ill post a write up when i take off my limo tint on the rear of my hatch
  • NZ-DB8RNZ-DB8R Moderator
    Those are a massive rip off! I paid about 1/4 of that price for mine!
    Yeah I looked at the post that a user named Jesse said he paid 30$ I saw another post on Honda tech with some guy that had them for sale at 250$ as well I'm not sure but they did have 17 and only have 5 left I'm not sure how well I feel about it after losing 600$ the other day it kind of gave me buyer regrets lol well see what I feel like once their installed tomorrow