Trying my first thread 90 rt4wd

2»

Comments

• MrWhoopeeMrWhoopee Wagonist
    @mrwhoopee No I got a flat in the other tire mudding so I put that on just for now. I'm not driving it and I disengaged the 4wd I think. I moved the 4wd lever so it shouldn't be a problem i dont think but thank you and yes I would like to know how you know

A short period of driving (20 or 30 miles) with significantly mismatched tires (when I didn't know any better) destroyed my VC. Fortunately, I was able to rebuild it.
  • jeffgarrettjeffgarrett Band Wagon
    Well thanks for the warning it's in 2wd drive at the moment. So I got a couple new things! :)
    I know this mirror isn't everyone's cup of tea but personally I love it !
    150.jpg

151.jpg

And now for the fun toy! Got a camper for the weekends! So the roof leaked and I need to fix some plywood but it should be up and usable in about a month or so. It has power that you plug in but I plan on building a battery bank for it so I always have Power. I also wanna try and put some fresh water and hot water on the camper.
    152.jpg

153.jpg

154.jpg

155.jpg
  • bkmc24bkmc24 Senior Wagonist
    Pics of interior of camper??
    @bkmc24 it is empty at the moment. Perfect blank slate. Going to do a bed and there is already an electricity but only one plug so I might add another and add some lights to see at night
    Haven't posted awhile been working on my homemade camper a lot and broke her again this weekend so I'll be woking on that. Haven't done much adjusted the valves on Thursday and did a quick oil change then off for the weekend of camping! Went like 280 miles or so round trip to the coast and back (a6 with 250k miles) :) had a blast and the wagon did amazing besides the uphill part she didn't like that. Loaded to the max 4 adults and a large dog a bunch of camping gear in the back and a trailer filled to the top :) amazing trip and this is definitely the best ef I've ever owned

130.jpg

131.jpg

132.jpg

133.jpg

And my beautiful dog bella :)
    134.jpg
    Anyone know anyone selling a good running d16z6? Really wanna do a swap on the old girl. I have cash in hand and I'm located in Portland OR
  • MrJayDMMrJayDM Wagonist
    That's a cool little camper!!
  • So exited! Picked up this donor car for the motor 95 civic ex d16z6 :) more to come as I start to pull this engine and work on it

1.jpeg

17.jpg
  • PoozMcgueePoozMcguee New Wagonist
    Very nice mate, Basically did this swap last week, we can let you know all the little parts needed to fit. I got an Ebay OBD0->1 Harness, used the EF engine mount bracket (the mount for the engine mount) =/ etc
    change the oil sump n pickup if putting on 4wd, mught need one of those hush brackets if the intermediate shaft dosn't bolt up but easy fixes.
    i used the zc loom OBD-0, had to extend a cpl small sensors but was easy. still on obd-0 injectors as i've kept the resistor box on the ef. or solder all together n use the obd1's (need to cut lil plastic out of injector clips, they're different, hence why i stuck with obd0's) works fine. Found it easier to use the RT/Beagle loom instead of repinning.
    the power steering has a cpl options to get working on stock or obd1 pump, i'm loving mine, so much quieter, less shake n idle much nicer n go like stink.
    Can't wait to see it begin.
  • Is there anyone near portland that would help me swap my d16z6 into my wagon rt4wd auto? Please I could pay you a little bit or get some beer or weed thanks for the help :)
  • Man if I were anywhere near there I'd be all about it. I wager there will be someone hitting you up in short order though, seems a good number of you guys are up in that area.
  • PopPopsGaragePopPopsGarage Council Member
    sick build! i just read it from the beginning! keep up the functional build!
  • Thanks guys i found a shop that is going to to the swap. I a, doing a couple little things but I'm going to let the, do it the right way the first time. After the swap I'm going to start building my turbo setup :):):):) (giggles like a little girl) I'm getting really exited. I'm really debating on starting the exterior work instead of the turbo. I don't know yet but more pictures to come some
  • Got the z6 out now just have it on the stand waiting. I'm still driving the wagon but there is a load tick in the motor so I guess no more beach trips with the camper until the new motor. I'm looking for a low miles rt transmission if anyone has or know where one is I'm in se Portland OR. Im getting married next month so after the honeymoon. I'll be spending a lot more time and money on the wagon until then she sits and looks pretty

"Off roading"
    264.jpg

265.jpg

You can't tell but it drops off for a creek on the other side
    266.jpg

267.jpg

268.jpg

269.jpg

This was from the pnw ef meet 2k15
    270.jpg

A man and his wagon what could make anyone more happy? ;)
    271.jpg

And finally the z6 on the stand
    272.jpg

273.jpg

17.jpg
  • Haven't posted in a little while but I've been doing some little things to make her look better. I hope this weekend I'll be dropping her off to get the z6 and new lower miles transmission swapped into her

76.jpg
  • So I got a new low miles d16z6 and a low miles rt4wd Transmission! Both around 130k miles so I took them and dropped it off at the shop to have them swapped out. I would have done it but I'm still pretty new to working on cars and I need it done the right way not half ass lol. Here is a picture of me dropping it off. I'm getting her ok Saturday can't wait to see how she runs :)

1.jpeg
  • I got my car back! Runs and drives perfect! I did have a check engine light on he said I just need to jump the ecu and I can find what codes are coming up. I've never messed with obd1 so I tried to jump it and I think I did the wrong place and messed up the ecu. Now she is sitting until I can get another one to check it out. She pulled good for a little auto wagon I can't wait to have her back on the road again :)

32.jpg
  • zachj23zachj23 Band Wagon
    sweet man! I am actually thinking about doing a swap in the very near future. did you do any research about what fits onto the rt4wd tranny before swapping? do you know if a B18 would fit? Either way the car looks great. Your build thread is a whole lot like mine although you seemed to have a lot less rust on this badboy. be thankful haha.
  • Yeah I did a little looking around and I found that the d16z6 was the best swap for the rt4wd. You can't bolt a b series engine to the d series 4wd tranny. I was also looking at the d16y8 but I believe I read that they didn't have a spot for the half shaft like the d16a6 and the d16z6 has also the only upgrading you have to do is the distributor,ecu and jumper harness to the ecu but when you get a engine it should come with Most of it. Everything for the a6 will work on the z6 and there are so many more performance parts for the z6 also so that's why I went that way. Thanks for the good words I love my wagon more then anything! I just need a auto p28 ecu and she will be back up and running
  • Does anyone have a cheap auto p28 ecu? I'm getting paid this weekend and want my wagon running again! Thanks for your time
  • Any help? So I have a p28 and I tried to jump the ecu to get the codes. Well I think I did the wrong codes and fried the ecu because my car will only run I'm limp mode? (Does that sound right?) I opened it up and nothing looked burnt and I don't wanna buy a new one if I don't have to. Any help would be appreciated thanks guys :)

38.jpg

39.jpg

40.jpg
  • CitySushiCitySushi New Wagonist
    Introduce yourself to google and search the interwebs. I'm sure you'll figure out the issue with enough research. Cool wagon and camper btw.
  • CitySushi wrote: »
    Introduce yourself to google and search the interwebs. I'm sure you'll figure out the issue with enough research. Cool wagon and camper btw.

Thanks for the info and nice words. I have looked EVERYWHERE on Google and all I came up with was something about the capacitator or something like that. I even opened both sides and they both look super clean no breaks or burn marks. My problem is a paper clip in the wrong spot in the ecu trying to get the cel code. Oh I also found a place I can send it to and they say they will fix it but who knows.
  • Got a new ecu it was running good until it died again lol (Not funny but I have to laugh or I will be mad) so back to square one. She sits broke down and I have no idea whats wrong with her. checking for spark and fuel will be next I guess. On the flip side I did get it back with the z6 and it was pulling very well for being a auto rt4wd