1987 Accord LXi Hatchback

So, yes, I have a 89 RT4WD that I haven't posted any pics on yet (car is still being worked on, promise to post at some point). However, I fell into this gem a few days ago. Story is that a friend of mine who was looking for a 80's Honda called me up and asked me to go see it and give my mechanical/buy opinions. Long story short, he backed out and I stepped in and bought it. This is a car that just turned 50K miles. It is crazy original. There is not one bolt or hose clamp missing in the engine compartment. I suspect that everything you see is factory original. It is a one-owner car from Kentucky. It needs some TLC, the cooling system needs to be flushed, the brakes bled, the injector seals replaced, etc. But it is very driveable. Not the most sought after Honda, but I hope you can appreciate the OEM original quality. Enjoy....

[IMG][/img]20160109_164040_zpsjoi1kzlr.jpg[IMG][/img]20160109_164008_zpsw8ugc5py.jpg

[IMG][/img]20160110_130340_zps8pws5qfk.jpg

[IMG][/img]20160110_130347_zpszkixmvff.jpg

[IMG][/img]20160110_130319_zpsvh21ffik.jpg

[IMG][/img]20160110_130332_zpsw9qasmdh.jpg

[IMG][/img]20160110_130411_zpsfdb0gtdp.jpg

[IMG][/img]20160109_163854_003_zpswm9s2lji.jpg

[IMG][/img]20160110_130443_zpsgzpnywwv.jpg

[IMG][/img]20160110_130452_zpsltrpamyr.jpg

[IMG][/img]20160109_164022_zps8x9sxpft.jpg

Comments

• BillBoardBillBoard council member
    Wow. Spotless. And I like the way these look. Any plans for it? Or just dd?
  • So awesome. I loved these cars since my grandma had one brand new. Unfortunately it was an illinois vehicle and had massive cancer. But I've always kept my eye out for another.

It does look amazing though, so awesome find!
  • Rickstar22Rickstar22 New Wagonist
    Time capsule find !!! Very nice. What a great pickup. Congrats !!!
  • VladiVladi Senior Wagonist
    So awesome!

Shame we didn't get these here.
  • Thanks guys, I knew you would appreciate what this car represents. We just don't see them like this. My plan is to change all the fluids, do some other basic maintenance and drive it. I thought it might look nice with a set of 15" or 16" black mesh Enkei 92's. But that would be the extent of it. No mods on this one. Going to drive it for probably 6 months and sell it.
  • I put a lot of miles on a 3rd gen Accord. Fantastic cars. Mine was a 5speed 4door LX (carb not EFI). My parents bought it new. I got it with 120K miles on it. Sold it with over 300k on it.

That car would still pull 37 MPG on the hwy at 80 MPH even with 310k on it. I should have kept it.

I have not been on the 3geez forum in a while, but it was invaluable to me at the time: http://www.3geez.com/forum/

Yours is a gem.
  • klumklum Senior Wagonist
    hey an can you measure the length / width of the hood ( bonnet ) ? lmk if your down to take more if you are down lol ive been wanting to convernt the front end of a wagon to pop up head lights :D

clean ass ride none the less though! these are one of my favorite model hondas i think someone converted one to Rwd too , pretty rad!
  • klum wrote: »
    hey an can you measure the length / width of the hood ( bonnet ) ? lmk if your down to take more if you are down lol ive been wanting to convernt the front end of a wagon to pop up head lights :D

Pop up headlights on a wagon ?...that I gotta see! I will get the measurement possibly tomorrow. Hit me up on PM for any other requests.....
  • klumklum Senior Wagonist
    arries289 wrote: »
    Pop up headlights on a wagon ?...that I gotta see! I will get the measurement possibly tomorrow. Hit me up on PM for any other requests.....

hell yea man, if its not too far off i think adapting a front end wouldnt be out of this world to imagine , its been something ive brought up over and over again im sure on here but after seeing an aero deck or whatever it was that looks like a ef hatch with pop ups it cant be too hard
    appreciate the offer on dimensions ! I will def. take you up on that!

I figure if the width of the rad like headlight to headlight and outter fender distance overall height and a few other things it wouldnt be too much.
  • Wow! That thing is FRESH. It could be a show car, really.

I had an 88 LXi for about 7 years... same color... was my first Honda. Here it is with 300,000 miles when I sold it 10 years ago...

216.jpg