1991 RT4WD From Idaho

Comments

• Hi can you tell me where you bought the Yonaka coilovers? I just got a wagon and would like to use those. Thanks
  • bkmc24bkmc24 Senior Wagonist
    Hi can you tell me where you bought the Yonaka coilovers? I just got a wagon and would like to use those. Thanks

tunersports.com carries that brand, and usually has the lowest prices shipped.
  • bkmc24 wrote: »
    tunersports.com carries that brand, and usually has the lowest prices shipped.
    Thank you for the tip :)
  • 91 RT4WD91 RT4WD Wagonist
    Hi can you tell me where you bought the Yonaka coilovers? I just got a wagon and would like to use those. Thanks

I got mine off of amazon. They are great coilovers, you will not regret buying them.
  • Yeah they're cheaper on amazon than tunersports looks like they're on sale directly from yokana for $499 with added warranty from them if that's worth anything. Otherwise $499 and free shipping on amazon
  • La Zona ImageryLa Zona Imagery New Wagonist
    91 RT4WD wrote: »
    I got mine off of amazon. They are great coilovers, you will not regret buying them.
    Yeah they're cheaper on amazon than tunersports looks like they're on sale directly from yokana for $499 with added warranty from them if that's worth anything. Otherwise $499 and free shipping on amazon

Thanks for the info guys. I will receive my wagon this Monday.
    We have been very busy the last few weeks so I have not had time to update the build thread. My dad replaced the differential bushings, all four pieces. We attended Hondafest. Me and my dad used a white sharpie oil based marker and painted our mudflaps. We replaced the passenger side cv axle and seal. We used an 91 ls integra cv axle. We replaced the oil pan gasket. It was leaking oil pretty bad all around. We had to remove the transfer case and exhaust downpipe to access all the bolts that hold the oil pan. The old gasket was very brittle and cracked. After putting the transfer case back we put new Honda manual transmission fluid. We also put new synthetic motor oil. We checked the a/c system pressure and there was a leak on the compressor. We bought a rebuilt compressor and drier. We replaced a few O rings and now the a/c system holds the pressure. We'll evacuate the a/c system and charge it with a refrigerant and hopefully everything will work. We also fixed the squeaky clutch pedal. There was a worn and dry plastic bushing that we re greased and replaced. It doesn't squeak anymore.

Today our whole family took a trip from Coeur d'alene, ID to Pullman, WA in the wagon and everything ran great. In Plummer, ID we found a RT4WD in the same color as ours at Ace hardware store.

403.jpg

404.jpg
    I just bought this awesome Civic Wagon Realtime4WD keychain from efparts! It is made of actual wood.
    27.jpg

We are going to get a new exhaust made on Friday probably. Do you guys have any suggestions for a nice deep sounding muffler? Anyways here is just a picture that I took of the wagon, it's not very good quality because I didn't have my camera.
    28.jpg
  • sohawksohawk Wagonist
    What was the u-joint replacement like? Any tips? I'm going to take the DIY plunge soon
    sohawk wrote: »
    What was the u-joint replacement like? Any tips? I'm going to take the DIY plunge soon

The u-joint replacement was not that difficult but you have to be careful and follow these steps on youtube https://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=E9823E9CF526ED33 It took my father about 2 hours to replace the u-joint only. That does not include taking off the driveshaft and putting it back on. Just take your time and be patient, don't rush. You have to have a good hammer and half an inch steel puncher.
  • 91 RT4WD wrote: »
    I just bought this awesome Civic Wagon Realtime4WD keychain from efparts! It is made of actual wood.

If you managed to keep both your kidneys buying something from that dude, consider yourself lucky.
  • bkmc24bkmc24 Senior Wagonist
    If you managed to keep both your kidneys buying something from that dude, consider yourself lucky.

That bad eh?
    Sorry for the lack of updates I have been getting distracted. Me and my dad got the a/c fixed in our wagon. We ordered a rebuilt a/c compressor but unfortunately it had a faulty clutch coil. My dad replaced it without taking out the a/c compressor or evacuating the refrigerant. Now the air conditioner is very cool and doesn't leak. My father had to replace the cv axle again because the boot ripped on the one we got from O Reilly. We got our exhaust made at Dave's muffler with 2.25 inch piping and a flowmaster muffler. Dave fixed two exhaust leaks, removed the exhaust sheilds, and tucked in the whole exhaust system. He also welded on a chrome dual exhaust tip. The exhaust has lots of more clearance now and doesn't scrape.

Before
    73.jpg

After
    74.jpg
    75.jpg76.jpg

Here is an exhaust clip I made
    [video=vimeo;132890510]
  • Buster_gtBuster_gt Band Wagon
    This looks so good! I'm near by in Spokane, would love to see this in person!
  • Exhaust looks good
  • Damn illest stickers, there's like 5 of them in the parking lot at work =D

For the AC did you get a Sanden or Matsushita? I'm getting too old for the heat here in Texas, I'm a wuss and need some AC I have the matsushita in there but it blows. I believe I have a sanden bracket now just need to order the compressor and new lines, then flush out the whole damn system Bleh.

Exhaust does look good, and yay for not pulling the whole thing off on a speedbump. When I first got mine the exhaust was horrible, they did it with no flex joints at all. It was cracked in 6 places.
  • WagoneroWagonero Band Wagon
    @greenteagod We used the matsushita compressor and it's been cooling really good for the past 2 1/2 months.We also noticed that the condenser fan was not working so we purchased the used one from a CRX on e-bay and used the motor from it . Then we noticed that the #1 cabin blower speed wasn't working .#2 blower speed was too cold and uncomfortable .We got the blower resistor from the pull andsave and replaced it. Now all blower speeds work.We tested the A/C cooling when it was around 105 F here and it was very comfortable at speed 1.
    But swapping the clutch coil without removing the compressor was a pain in the neck . But it was my bad luck.

Good luck with your A/C project.
    Exhaust looks good

Thanks! The guy who made it did a great job of tucking it in.
  • CharbCharb Administrator
    I better not see an EFparts sticker land on your car...

Car is lookin real good man! Hopefully I'll see it in person again soon!
    Charb wrote: »
    I better not see an EFparts sticker land on your car...

Car is lookin real good man! Hopefully I'll see it in person again soon!

No no no I don't like EFparts. It took 2 weeks for the key chain to get here.
    Thank you. I hope we can meet up again so I can see your wagon too.
    Buster_gt wrote: »
    This looks so good! I'm near by in Spokane, would love to see this in person!

Thanks, we could meet up sometime soon.
  • Haven't updated this thread in a long time. Our wagon needed a new transmission about a year ago so we found a low mileage one, all the way from Maryland! Basically have just been enjoying it and taking it out on the weekends sometimes. Today was her first day in the snow this winter;)

51.jpg
    52.jpg
    53.jpg
    54.jpg
  • BillBoardBillBoard council member
    wagon looks good! Very nice!
  • Thanks Bill!
  • Just read through the thread. Awesome Wago!!

I love the action shots at the end and how you painted it the stock color.

Any performance upgrades planned for the future!?
  • superhatch wrote: »
    Just read through the thread. Awesome Wago!!

I love the action shots at the end and how you painted it the stock color.

Any performance upgrades planned for the future!?

Thank you sir. The blue is my favorite color for wagons. No performance upgrades planned anytime soon, just keep it stock and drive it every now and then :)
    Took a few photos of the wagon today. It's slowly approaching 254,000 miles!
    77.jpg

78.jpg
    79.jpg
    80.jpg
  • mistahjoemistahjoe New Wagonist
    Car still looking good. How are the yonakas holding up?
    mistahjoe wrote: »
    Car still looking good. How are the yonakas holding up?

Thank you. The yonakas are still doing great;)
  • BillBoardBillBoard council member
    I love this car. There is beauty in its simpleness. It just looks clean- no bullshit all over it. (I mean I'd probably remove a sticker or 2 but thats neither here nor there)

:)