Broke my ventilation system

So the other day I slide my ventilation too hard (I heard a snap) and now air is coming out from all dashboard vents (windshield defrost, upper vents, floor vents, everywhere!). I think I snapped the air tunneling inside the dash. I can hear the fan/ air is blowing strong but little to no air is coming out from the upper vents, with being floor vents having the most noticeable air coming out then windshield defogger with less air push.

My only problem is I can't focus air where I wanted to be. It was a cold night and after 10 minutes ride on the freeway the cabin is still freezing cold but instead the whole dashboard is pretty warm. I think the air is just trapped inside the dashboard and doesn't circulate the cabin.

Is there a replacement for my ventilation system?

Comments

• Does the lever have any resistance on it anymore or does it just flop around free? Just a snap doesn't narrow it down too much. Could have popped a cable, broken an arm. There are multiple things that could have gone wrong here.

I'd pull the HVAC panel to see just what's going on there. Pull the glove box, check the linkage on the blower itself. Pull the center console out so you can see the linkage on the heater assembly and see if you can spot anything that's disconnected or broken. With luck it'll be something with the linkage and you can likely fab something up.

If not you're probably looking at replacing the entire heater assembly, or at least pulling it to find out what happened inside.
  • sayurasemsayurasem New Wagonist
    The lever was stuck on the "blowing to the face" slot, then I forced the lever to "blowing to the feet" slot and that's when I broke it. Now the lever is moving freely from left to right. And the air is coming out from all holes very very faintly even the fan at 4
  • Yeah I'd check the linkages at the side of the central unit then. See if they move around freely or not. Not certain if the cable tension helps hold things in place or just move them. It could have gotten jammed up between settings somewhere.