Ogwagon's wagons

2»

Comments

• www.civicwagon.com
    just wondering if you used a crx cut out for this?
  • leWolfleWolf Senior Wagonist
    That wagon is crazy fast! So is that really an air scoop or does it just push air in the engine bay.
  • Marc_EE9Marc_EE9 Senior Wagonist
    you take out your resonator box, and put a piece of flexi hose from the scoop to the bottom of the airbox, thats what i did anyway ;)
    more air to the intake

although some people do them for brake ducts
  • ogwagonogwagon Wagonist
    www.civicwagon.com
    just wondering if you used a crx cut out for this?

Not sure what you mean by crx cut out? I just used a duct I bought from an online race car parts store several years ago. Then just trimmed it to fit the back of the wagon bumper, riveted it to fit the wagon bumper, and painted the rivet heads so as not to attract attention to it.
    Marc_EE9 wrote:
    ogwagon wrote:
    Marc_EE9 wrote:
    www.civicwagon.com

that looks great!
    car in general

nice work

I'm glad you think so. I've had mixed reviews on the bumper air scoop, but it's purely for funtional purposes. I've tried several different types of cold air intakes but none performed as well as the simple 3" air tube w/BPI flow stack on the end. The bumper scoop was just an attempt to direct as much outside air to the air filter as possible and yet still remain somewhat stealthy. :wink:

this is mine on my EE9...
    looks tiny compared to yours :lol:

but its hard on these bumpers due to the curves. im in the process of mould this and flushing it into the bumper :D
    its gunna look frikin sick man!!!! 8)

www.civicwagon.com[/quote:8jqg207o]

Your air scoop looks pretty pimp on that hatch! I know the hatches have less room to work with than the wagons but you pulled it off pretty good.
    thanks!

i think he means the CRX siR bumper scoops... as yours looks very similar shape to them.
  • 499.jpg

i was just wondering if you cut the vent out a crx like the one in the picture, cause i cut up a bumper i found at a junk yard a while back and was thinking of doing the same thing you did but with a cut out of a crx lol

but never mind i see now that the one you used is a bit smaller but still hella nice lookin :D
  • leWolfleWolf Senior Wagonist
    So did you see any real gains by doing this?
    499.jpg

i was just wondering if you cut the vent out a crx like the one in the picture, cause i cut up a bumper i found at a junk yard a while back and was thinking of doing the same thing you did but with a cut out of a crx lol

but never mind i see now that the one you used is a bit smaller but still hella nice lookin :D
    Ok, I see what you mean. My air scoop was just bought from an online store for race car parts. That crx bumper deal looks like it may due the trick also.

To be honest, I didn't do a before and after comparison. I did compare several other cold air style intakes before settling on what's on the car now. I tried an Iceman, a modified AEM, and a generic full 3" piping w/BPI flow stack/K&N filter on the end. They all performed about the same, great low end torque and throttle response but absolutely no top end. They seemed to really choke the motor at high rpm(6k-9k). After settling on the short tube air intake which seemed to give the best high rpm gains, I figured I should try to do something to get some cooler air to the air filter. So my air scoop idea was just a way to help introduce cooler ambient air into an otherwise hot and enclosed engine compartment. I figured it couldn't hurt. :wink:
  • udubrx7udubrx7 Senior Wagonist
    What online supplier do you use for stuff like that? I was in the best local performance shop here in my area and they had a couple BPI flow stacks sitting out in their display area for sale. Pretty cool shop!
    ogwagon wrote:

To be honest, I didn't do a before and after comparison. I did compare several other cold air style intakes before settling on what's on the car now. I tried an Iceman, a modified AEM, and a generic full 3" piping w/BPI flow stack/K&N filter on the end. They all performed about the same, great low end torque and throttle response but absolutely no top end. They seemed to really choke the motor at high rpm(6k-9k). After settling on the short tube air intake which seemed to give the best high rpm gains, I figured I should try to do something to get some cooler air to the air filter. So my air scoop idea was just a way to help introduce cooler ambient air into an otherwise hot and enclosed engine compartment. I figured it couldn't hurt. :wink:

I noticed gains with mine. Not a huge difference, but noticeable. Breathes a lot better, especially at high speeds.

On a cold day its awesome 8)
  • After being inactive on this forum and in the Honda scene for quite some time I decided to take my grey wagon out to my local drag strip with some friends and family for some fun. Pulled her out of the garage and drove to Auto Club Dragway In Fontana, CA this past Saturday for their Street Legal Drags. I was able to run my personal best ET of 13.391! Setup is the exact same as before except I changed the air intake and added skinnies.
    93.jpg
    92.jpg