'87 Hatch by Kröte

13»

Comments

• jessedmjessedm New Wagonist
    Wow your really fixing this thing up, Just reading this makes me wanna get a third gen civic. :)
  • bingbongbingbong Band Wagon
    Moreeeeeee updates! I love this hatch so much. I don't even want to wait any longer to see the finished product and this is my first look through the thread.
  • Only one "update" for now.

Since summer last year the Civic was standing outside behind the workshop where I work. Now I was able to get an dry space for it. It's an hour drive, but it's warm, it's dry.

372.jpg

373.jpg

The car will sit there, till I collect more parts, I currently need, the continue working on that project.

As well, I'm currently catched another project. But more about that, when it finally arrived. All I'll say for now, it's a rare '80s Honda :cool:
  • RGTRGT Band Wagon
    Coole butze ;)
  • simplyhondasimplyhonda Council Member
    Glad your car is in the dry now. Looks as if you have problems with things "finally arriving" :)
  • KroeteKroete Wagonist
    In the end everything find it's way ;) Next weekend I'll hopefully can pick up my hood at the Frankfurt Int. Airport :P And my lip is currently in the making. Got some pictures of the current status today. :)

The Civic is back - and this time it doesn't need a trailer :cool: I picked it up with temporary license plates and drove it the last 5 days.

During these days I did some work on the car as well. I replaced the rear brakes, installed some JDM Si goodies and did some minor repairs. Now it's sitting in another dry barn, with is much closer to my home (4km instead of 100km), so I can drive there more often and do some more work on it.

245.jpg

246.jpg

247.jpg

248.jpg

I also testfitted the Exip rims. They look pritty nice on the car :) Even if I'm thinking about selling them and get a set of OZ Rallyes.

249.jpg

250.jpg

251.jpg
  • ChaifeChaife Instagram grand master
    It's Beautiful! I love it.
  • BillBoardBillBoard council member
    Hurray for new pix!!! Now that she is a little closer to home, hopefully we get some more regularly scheduled updates???
  • VladiVladi Senior Wagonist
    Cool car!

German import plates? :P
  • KroeteKroete Wagonist
    I'm working on, BillBoard.

We only have export plates (red stripe at the and) and the temporary plates (5-days) with the yellow stripe which are for all cars, which you don't want to register or which you can't register, because they are not street legal (like mine right now). Most people take them to bring cars home, which they bought.
    Kroete wrote: »
    I'm working on, BillBoard.

We only have export plates (red stripe at the and) and the temporary plates (5-days) with the yellow stripe which are for all cars, which you don't want to register or which you can't register, because they are not street legal (like mine right now). Most people take them to bring cars home, which they bought.

Thats what I meant :) Tought you where located in the US but now reading your in Germany it doesnt look so odd :P!
  • A few weeks back I finally recieved my E-AT hood - so it was time to head on with the next step ;) Prep-work I did all by myself.

226.jpg

227.jpg

228.jpg

229.jpg

230.jpg
    Looks awesome man!
    Its good to see people still put effort in these cars!

235.jpg

236.jpg

237.jpg
  • ChaifeChaife Instagram grand master
    This is amazing, simply gorgeous. The paint really turned out. One of my favorite builds.
    I'm really feelin' your photography as well.
  • BillBoardBillBoard council member
    fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudge,.... Only I didn't say fudge....
  • simplyhondasimplyhonda Council Member
    It is absolutely beautiful!!!
  • AbideAbide Council Member
    not sure what i was expecting when i clicked this thread but it sure wasnt this. very nice hatch/color/show/work/anything else you want to add.
  • I would love to hear how this little beauty is doing. I loved reading this build thread, quality work!
  • KroeteKroete Wagonist
    I started putting it back together slowly. But currently it's stored again at my uncles house a few hours away from here... Here are some pictures from before I stored it.

264.jpg

265.jpg

266.jpg

I recieved some parts as well, like top hats from Chedda Auto and some "DOHC" side decals from TORparts. But currently I spend a bit more time on my other project.

267.jpg