Saint Pete Wagon!

Comments

• SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    getboosted wrote: »
    A clean wagovan you there sir!
    Thanks man aprreciate it!
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Through the guidance of Dr.Morty I got the bull bar painted yesterday. Here's a shot of it with the Hella Comet 500 fog lights.

1090.jpg
  • RoRoRoRo Wagonist
    front bar looks awesome!!!

heres a little tip what i did with my wagon, if you put orange peanut bulbs in the front part of your corner lights and clear in the back (reflector part) they will be full amber once lit up
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    RoRo wrote: »
    front bar looks awesome!!!

heres a little tip what i did with my wagon, if you put orange peanut bulbs in the front part of your corner lights and clear in the back (reflector part) they will be full amber once lit up
    Thanks man! Thanks for the idea to. :) It would look good since my bumper lights are amber. You think you hit me up with a link from where you got your orange peanut bulbs?
  • RoRoRoRo Wagonist
    i have no idea where to get the orange ones, luckily mine were already in my corner lights and i switched them back to front
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Alright cool I'ma do some research then.
  • The progression of this wagon is great!! Love that steering wheel :)
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Thanks man! Only con of the steering wheel is when it's in the sun for a while, you can barely grasp the steering wheel of how hot it's gets lol. Other than that, it's awesome!
  • VLxTurtleVLxTurtle New Wagonist
    i gotta say your interior is flawless, i wish mine could be like that, good stuff keep it coming!
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Thanks man appreciate it! Just takes some time and a lot of scrubbing lol! I have lots planned for the upcoming future stay tuned.
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Got these jail bars from simplyhonda. Got some ideas what to hook up on them but not sure if I'm going to do it. Also, I stripped the bull bar because my paint job didn't turn out so amazing haha so going to attempt it again.
    225.jpg
  • simplyhondasimplyhonda Council Member
    Lol. Totally missed this. Nice!
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Haha! Thanks man.
  • wagoguy909wagoguy909 Wagonist
    Your builds looking really good keep up the updates.
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    wagoguy909 wrote: »
    Your builds looking really good keep up the updates.

Thanks man appreciate it! I actually have summer break coming up so hopefully, this will move a little quicker.
    Also, I'm enrolling in an auto body program here in St.pete next semester so that means fixing up and painting the body of the wago in the near future.

So it's been a progressive week. I wired up my fog lights and I've gotta say, it's a big accomplishment. I have never dealt with any type of wiring.

Also in the beginning of my thread I mentioned all the electrical problems my wagon had. Problems solved! I basically just pulled all the wires going to my fuse box inside my car, plugged them back in, and switched all my 10A fuses. I'm pretty sure it was the new fuses that did that job. But I'm very happy everything is back to normal.

After I wired up my fogs, I was unplugging wires going to the fuse box and all 10A fuses.
    816.jpg

So next project is getting my bull bar painted. After I failed at painting the bull bar, I'm just going to get it sand blasted probably in early June and then getting it powder coated soon after that.
    Atta boy. Money well spent in powder coating.
  • RoRoRoRo Wagonist
    Powder coating for the win! I just got a job at a coating shop, all so what are the window bars for? What models did they come in?
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Atta boy. Money well spent in powder coating.
    Yah buddy! Thanks for the info about powder coating it.
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    RoRo wrote: »
    Powder coating for the win! I just got a job at a coating shop, all so what are the window bars for? What models did they come in?
    That's awesome to hear! To bad you don't live around my area to give me the hook ups lol. As for the function, I found this link and Haydz said it's for cargo ties. Also in that thread, it says that it's originally in Wagovans. ( The ones that come with vinyl seats). I think it goes wagovan, Civic wagon Dx, then the Rt4wd. Correct me if I'm wrong.

http://www.civicwagon.com/showthread.php?9887-Window-Bar-Install-HELP&highlight=Window+bars
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    So my newly acquired EDM tails started to leak. I figured it was the old crusty gaskets that caused it so I decided to make my own. Materials used were 3/4 of an inch foam like material (I'll try to figure what it is specifically) and a tube of 3M weatherstrip and gasket adhesive. There maybe some other adhesives that can be better for this but I had this laying around.

First, your trace out your old gasket.
    923.jpg

Second, you cut out the lines.
    924.jpg

Third, put the gasket in place and apply enought pressure from where the gasket and plastic meets so you have an outline of where to pour the adhesive. Apply the adhesive on the outline install the gasket and apply pressure so the gasket can stick onto the tail lights.
    925.jpg

This is the stuff I used.
    926.jpg
    I'll keep you guys updated it it leaks or not.
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Got the wood bead chair covers in the mail a couple days from beastmode... Ignore the headliner strip it has been fixed lol ;)
    959.jpg
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    So my tail lights don't leak anymore so the gaskets work! Also, I sent my bull bar off to get sand blasted. They charged me 20 bucks so not to bad.
  • Yo your whip is lookin clean duder.. Love the steering wheel super jelly and i like what you did with your speedometer lights i need to do that.Can i use the same bulbs on my 88 rt? Also that cover in the back is money gotta love thrift shops man for sho! keep it up bra!
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Yo your whip is lookin clean duder.. Love the steering wheel super jelly and i like what you did with your speedometer lights i need to do that.Can i use the same bulbs on my 88 rt? Also that cover in the back is money gotta love thrift shops man for sho! keep it up bra!
    Thanks for the kind comments. I have lots planned for the wago. But as far as LED swap take out your cluster and check if it looks like mine. If it doesn't, I will hit you up with a link to a great LED swap performed by knotty his is an 89 civic wagon. Hope this helps.
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Got my bull bar back from sand blasting. Just waiting to save a bit of money for the powder coat job.

110.jpg
    Looks fantastic! You will be happy you did this! $20 well spent sir.
    Once the powder coating takes place, it will be hard to keep a chub down.
  • Thanks man.. Right now is a good time to check being that all my interior is out.. well except for the dash.. thats next. I want to slamm it too but being that its the rt4wd i want to make sure the coil overs are adjustable so that i can bring it back jus incase.
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Looks fantastic! You will be happy you did this! $20 well spent sir.
    Once the powder coating takes place, it will be hard to keep a chub down.
    Thanks man! Yah I'm really excited to get it on already. But my radiator support doesn't allow one of the bolts to go through so Ima have to cut the radiator support on both sides a bit so the bolt can go through.
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Thanks man.. Right now is a good time to check being that all my interior is out.. well except for the dash.. thats next. I want to slamm it too but being that its the rt4wd i want to make sure the coil overs are adjustable so that i can bring it back jus incase.
    Yah check it out and post on how the swap goes. But leave it stock height! Idk I guess it's worth having your wagon at stock height or drop it slightly if its an Rt. But that's my opinion.