Saint Pete Wagon!

Comments

• SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Got my roof rack! Gives the wagon such a sexy look. But still missing the bumper :miserable: Getting some more goodies tomorrow stay tuned!
    130.jpg
    131.jpg
  • flatrexflatrex Band Wagon
    Looks good keep it up
  • DRMORTYDRMORTY Council Member
    Looking Good!
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Thanks for the kind comments they motivate me to keep on going with the wago. So Update! Got my goodies! I want to see if I can try to get the bull bar powder coated to the original silver color. Does anybody have a guestimate of how much a shop would charge or is there other methods that could give me a nice finish?
    185.jpg
    Did some deep cleaning with the magic of ArmorAll. Looks good...

186.jpg
    I traded out my yucky old Yakima endcaps for some fresh new ones..

187.jpg

188.jpg
    I'm cleaning up the engine bay and its looking a lot better then before. As soon as I get my NGK spark plugs and wires I'll post up some more pics.
    Iwould go with aluminum finish rustoleum paint. the bull bar is meant to be bar aluminum. if you want to see one in person, I have one on my hatch. I also have a steel European custom job that was black and I refinished in with the aluminum rustoleum and I think it looks better than the original.
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    DRMORTY wrote: »
    Iwould go with aluminum finish rustoleum paint. the bull bar is meant to be bar aluminum. if you want to see one in person, I have one on my hatch. I also have a steel European custom job that was black and I refinished in with the aluminum rustoleum and I think it looks better than the original.
    Yah I remember seeing it on the hatch and it looked good. I think I'ma do this. Just to make sure, did you use this?
    216.jpg 217.jpg
    Yep... That is the stuff..

And, it will look better than the actual aluminum bar...

Guess I am not gonna be the only one in the bay area driving around with a beagle bar anymore..
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Thanks for the help Morty. Hopefully I'll get it done some time this week. Haha well sorry for destroying that honor. At least your the only one in the bay with it on a hatch and I'm the only one with it on a wagon.
    as soon as my wagon is done.. It'll have one too.. ;)
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Haha it would be awesome to have a photoshoot when the wagons have the bullbars. So little update. I got the center console in and it looks a lot cleaner. Also, I cleaned up my engine bay with ArmorAll, painting the battery metal piece thing, (have no idea what it's called) VMS fender bolts in grey, NGK wires and plugs, New ground cable, and threw a Domo oil cap to make the enine bay a little more interesting. Some pics:
    242.jpg243.jpg244.jpg
    245.jpg
  • RoRoRoRo Wagonist
    battery tie down is what its called,

this wagon is looking so clean! i cant wait to power wash my entire interior and detail it !!!!
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Thanks for telling me that! And yah the interior really clean other than the stains of dirt from baseball fields on the seats that needs to be cleaned. Probably going to rent one of those Rug Doctor machines. The exterior has lots of dents and the paint job was horrible. It looked like they just sprayed some paint without any prep work. I wanna get the body work done and fresh paint in the next year or two...
  • RoRoRoRo Wagonist
    you can clean your seats yourself at home,

spray seats lightly with an all purpose cleaner (all over) and let sit for a minute or two and go over it again
    get a bucket of hot soapy water and a micro fiber wash mit
    make sure the mit isn't soaking wet so ring it out first
    start rubbing the seats all over an obviously keeping the MIT wet,
    once gone over the whole seat either 1 power wash the soap out if you have one and ten vacuum as dry as you can or 2 just soak the seat more with water and vacuum out, let it sit outside to dry
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Awesome right up! Saved me some money! Will definitely do this after I get my rear springs in and bull bar painted.
  • RoRoRoRo Wagonist
    i used to detail for 3 years and thats how i would do it to my own seats :)

you can do the same process with a carpet but instead of a mit use a slightly stiff plastic bristled brush to scrub with
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Thanks for the tips! My carpet isn't that bad it was fortunately owned by an old lady who barely drove it.

Scored these on eBay for 18 bucks.
    431.jpg

Still working on sanding my bull bar. It's a pain! Don't we have to love our wagons.
  • 3rd4ce3rd4ce Council Member
    Yes that love flows thru our veins !
  • Interior is hella clean!
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    3rd4ce wrote: »
    Yes that love flows thru our veins !
    Yah buddy! You got tons of love with scrappy. Good stuff!
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Thanks man! There spots here and there that need to have some attention, but overall, it's awesome.
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Made some progress last weekend. Installed my Yakima bike attachments. I ripped all my rear interior out, cleaned out where my spare tire is with degreaser, and cleaned all my plastic interior parts with armor all original formula stuff and it looks amazing. I also took out my rear seats to get the cleaned. Since my seats were not really dirty, I decided not to soak them in water or power wash them. Filled a bucket up with warm water, used some rug doctor spray I think it said spot cleaning? Either way I lightly sprayed them, let it sit for a couple minutes, got a clean rag soaked it in water, and scrubbed all over the seats. Vacuumed as much as the soap and water out and let it dry. Took it around 15 hours to dry. I cleaned the rear carpet a bit. I used the same stuff sprayed it all over poured a bit of Water, used one of those scrub brushes and scrubbed obviously lol. Then vacuumed and let it dry. It took about two days to dry. All thats left is to install the rear carpet and clean the headrests. Here are some pics.
    844.jpg
    845.jpg
    846.jpg
    847.jpg
    848.jpg
    849.jpg
    850.jpg
    So useful to cover your things so no one can see. Well you can see now but when it's closed lol
    851.jpg
    Seat drying factory lol
    852.jpg
    Almost done sanding!
    853.jpg
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    So I finished sanding the bullbar today (little spots here and there I couldnt reach well but it is what it is) and going to paint it tomorrow to an aluminum color. I also washed my wago today and took some pics on the way. Next on my to do list is to paint all of my trim with plasti dip and source a first gen teggy front lip...
    1042.jpg
    1043.jpg
    1044.jpg
    1045.jpg
    1046.jpg
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    My corner lights never had bulbs so I installed some today. Well noticed that one of my corner lights lit up all the way while the other corner light lit only half way. If this helps there is some electrical problems my car thats listed on the first page of this thread. Is the whole corner light supposed to light up? or just half way? :confused: Thanks for the help.

1047.jpg
    1048.jpg
  • Only the inner portion of your corner light should be lit, when you turn on the parking lights. When you flip on the turn signal it should alternate between the outer light and the bumper light... At least thats what mine does, its an 89 RT4.
    Man that wheel well is supa clean, as is the rest of the interior. But one question what is the rear cargo cover out of, i need one of those. Cars is looking fantastic keep up the great work
  • Michaelf58Michaelf58 Band Wagon
    Jeez! Great job on the interior! Got me motivated to do it tomorrow, lol. Great wagon!
  • 90 RT4WD (Cody)90 RT4WD (Cody) Senior Wagonist
    The whole light is suppose to light up, I would check one more time to see of you have a bad bulb! Lol
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Only the inner portion of your corner light should be lit, when you turn on the parking lights. When you flip on the turn signal it should alternate between the outer light and the bumper light... At least thats what mine does, its an 89 RT4.
    Man that wheel well is supa clean, as is the rest of the interior. But one question what is the rear cargo cover out of, i need one of those. Cars is looking fantastic keep up the great work
    I thought it would be the clear portion that would only it to but cody says his lights up completely? and Thanks! Lots of cleaning to make it that shiny but it's absolutely worth it. I'm not sure what it's out of honestly but I'ma inspect it a little bit more so I can try to answer that for you.
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Michaelf58 wrote: »
    Jeez! Great job on the interior! Got me motivated to do it tomorrow, lol. Great wagon!
    Thanks! Get to it son! I've seen a lot of members cleaning there wagons lately so I gets it's time for some of that spring cleaning!
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    The whole light is suppose to light up, I would check one more time to see of you have a bad bulb! Lol
    Switched the bulb with the ones that were working and nothing! :disturbed: I'm cleaning the light bulb sockets right now so lets if that works.
  • getboostedgetboosted Band Wagon
    A clean wagovan you got there sir!