Wagon RT4WD Axles

Comments

• Thank you sir!
  • win sauce!
  • 3rd4ce3rd4ce Council Member
    Beastmode .. thanx a million ....
    gotta get fronts now .. mine have ticked since day one and its @ the vibration stage now ..
    :lol:
  • I must've got lucky - the local O'reillys warehouse had a Driver side axle in stock.

$50 with my friend's company discount and comes with a lifetime warranty. Was $90 something without the discount though.
    what i would LOVE to c is :
    a picture of the RT4wd axle and the integra laying side by side .....

which is beefier ..???
    how long is difference ????
    will it matter with my accord spring & strut set up ..????
  • SkeletorSkeletor Band Wagon
    I am a new user and what a wealth of information this site has been. I just used these for my right rear on a 1990 rt4wd. fit kinda tight in the hub but seems like a quality part.

Brand: A-1 CARDONE
    4wd or fwd: 4wd
    Part #: 60-4134
    Front or Rear: Rear
    Left or Right: Right
  • where did you order from, and what did it cost ya?
  • Has anyone here ever checked the EMPI website. They have both axles for wagons and acura. I checked the specs on both and they are the same size. The Acura axles is little cheaper.
  • SkeletorSkeletor Band Wagon
    Parts Geek. About $41 plus shipping and refundable core deposit. took about 6 days to get it.

1990 Honda Civic Axle Assembly Driveshaft & Axle Price: $40.80 Core: $50.00 Qty: 1 Part #: 60-4134
  • i'm tellin ya boys and girls, i've had mine on for 10,000 miles no problem
  • 3rd4ce wrote:
    what i would LOVE to c is :
    a picture of the RT4wd axle and the integra laying side by side .....

which is beefier ..???
    how long is difference ????
    will it matter with my accord spring & strut set up ..????

i have one in my drivers side with the lift and havn't had any issues with it yet. only driven a few thousand on it before i pulled the motor though.
  • I need new axels bad and wanna know if 90 integra ls axels will work on an 88 rt?
    nw wag man wrote:
    I need new axels bad and wanna know if 90 integra ls axels will work on an 88 rt?

Hope this helps....
    3rd4ce wrote:
    Chinojdm wrote:
    what if i have a 91 rt4wd but its not a zc swap it original d16a which axles will i need, yea isound like a newb but i deff needd this asap!
    :arrow:
    jt223539 wrote:
    I can 100% back this mans statement. Literally just did this about an hour ago.

Any 90-93 B-series Integra Axles will work as a replacement for the front on a RT4wd. Went from being 80 for one axle which had to be specially ordered, to 100 for both axles which they had in stock. I will pay the extra 20 for another axle, and the convenience.

Thank you for making this thread, would have been lost without it.

Oh and I now have another question, What are the options for the Rear?
  • Thanks! ill be grabbing new axles within no time haha.
  • LowFlyin'LowFlyin' Moderator
    Has anyone tried installing a long axle in the driver's side of an RT4WD transmission?
  • Yes, the inner cv joint will not clear the transfer case. The intermediate shaft is just a shaft so it's much thinner.
    That answers that... Thanks.
  • 503Wagon503Wagon moderator
    LowFlyin' wrote:
    Has anyone tried installing a long axle in the driver's side of an RT4WD transmission?

thats too bad...that'd b a cheap way to get extended axles haha
  • KlutchKlutch Band Wagon
    does it matter if its an anti lock braking axle or not?
  • 91RT4WD91RT4WD Wagonist
    Just attempted the 90-93 integra axle on my passenger front of my '91 RT "Auto".
    Did a careful visual inspection, pics too, will post later.
    The integra axle is approximately 1/4 inch shorter when stood up vertically side by side and compressed. I noticed the my wagon with a centric ring seal on one end, and integra without.
    Went with install anyways and terrifically everything bolted up. Bolted my wheels and did a test spend while the car was still in the air. no spend, wheels locked, assumed it was my calipers locking up to a possible faulty brake bleeding(also did brake job same time as axle). I inspected the installation today hoping it will be the calipers locking up, so I removed the complete caliper and did a test run while jacked. Sure enough, no movement. I assume the inner shaft to transmission did not have spin clearance, checked-cleared. I loosened the 32mm bolt to the axle, it freed a slight movement. Again knowing for sure the inner axle has clearance, it was now the outter axle creating a slight grind. I knew for a fact this is the issue, bearing fitment on knuckle and hub is not compatible to integra. The integra has a larger diameter.

Will post pics later..

Does anyon know if the civic auto sedan axles fit????
  • Does year of wagon matter? Mines 89
  • BoodahedBoodahed Band Wagon
    Hello 91rt4wd. Did you find any solutions to your rear auto axle fit? I have a 89 rt4wd and will likely need to replace all four in the near future. Thanks.
  • 1988rt1988rt Senior Wagonist
    Here is some pictures of wagon axles side by side with some 1990-93 Integra axles (Integra axles have the abs rings)
    381.jpg
    382.jpg
    383.jpg
    384.jpg
    385.jpg
    the right Civic wagon Rt axle is longer than the integra one, there are some other differences too
  • Klutch wrote: »
    does it matter if its an anti lock braking axle or not?

ABS rings just knock off with a hammer and with/without a drift.
  • You can knock the rings off...but they shouldn't interfere with anything.
  • Madr0xMadr0x New Wagonist
    Are the rear axles different lengths?
    Madr0x wrote: »
    Are the rear axles different lengths?

Yes. I believe the driver's side is around 1-2" longer. I just packaged and shipped a pair out last week.
    Hey guys,

I've had the privilege to work with the guys at SurTrack on my Tape-R LeMons Civic hatch and now with the wagon.

They have 100% new front axles for the 2nd Gen 4WD Wagons.

Brand: SurTrack
    Part #: HO-8104
    4WD or FWD: 4WD
    Front or Rear: Front
    Driver (L) or Pass (R): Driver (L)

Brand: SurTrack
    Part #: HO-8107
    4WD or FWD: 4WD
    Front or Rear: Front
    Driver (L) or Pass (R): Pass (R)

81.jpg

82.jpg

83.jpg
  • Madr0xMadr0x New Wagonist
    LowFlyin' wrote: »
    Yes. I believe the driver's side is around 1-2" longer. I just packaged and shipped a pair out last week.

Hmm I wonder if I installed mine on the wrong sides. I have a rear leaking but I also think I overfilled! I will have to pull the axles soon and measure.
    The one with 2 stripes should be on the passenger side and the one with 3 stripes should be on the driver side.