DRMORTY - RT-SC-ZC-AT - Rally Off-Road Wagon Project

Comments

• DRMORTY wrote:
    I just got a Full JDM 92-95 ZC Swap... $550.. and he gave me the receipts.. he paid almost $1,400 and $350 shipping.. and bought the wrong motor.. So, I got a good deal.. still on the shipping pallet.

I have 2 JRSC... 1 is going on the ZC, and into this car!! (other may go on my DX hatch or Si Hatch.. not sure, NOT Selling)

I am finally ready to put the lift pieces on..

Got a JDM Bull Bar

& Aftermarket EDM Bull Bar
    big kid christmas
  • DRMORTYDRMORTY Council Member
    iboyma wrote:
    DRMORTY wrote:
    I just got a Full JDM 92-95 ZC Swap... $550.. and he gave me the receipts.. he paid almost $1,400 and $350 shipping.. and bought the wrong motor.. So, I got a good deal.. still on the shipping pallet.

I have 2 JRSC... 1 is going on the ZC, and into this car!! (other may go on my DX hatch or Si Hatch.. not sure, NOT Selling)

I am finally ready to put the lift pieces on..

Got a JDM Bull Bar

& Aftermarket EDM Bull Bar
    big kid christmas

Yep! You still have the Hammers?
    SC-ZC-RT-AT
    I now know what I am doing...
    should it read..
    RT-AT-SC-ZC?
    or
    RT-SC-ZC-AT?
    or
    SC-ZC-RT-AT?
    with AC & PS
  • DRMORTY wrote:
    You still have the Hammers?
    I do, they are stacked up in the garage right now
    DRMORTY wrote:
    with AC & PS
    just need to add pw and cc to that list, maybe sr(sunroof?)
    iboyma wrote:
    DRMORTY wrote:
    with AC & PS
    just need to add pw and cc to that list, maybe sr(sunroof?)

Would love to do the PW Conversion & CC.. Thinking about getting the part together.

Sunroof? Maybe.. Just hate when ya have issues with them..

I have a whole CRX sunroof Module and was thinking about it.. Might ever use an Si Hatch one (for the glass top), but not sure if I want to start cutting the roof. Would be cool to see a Sunroof visor on my wagon.. But, it will be blocked by the roof rack & basket.
    iboyma wrote:
    DRMORTY wrote:
    You still have the Hammers?
    I do, they are stacked up in the garage right now
    Awesome... I am playing with some other Old School wheels.. But, I found 2 sets of center caps for hammers.. and I gotta know if I got the right ones..

How's the Baby?
    Ordered my D-series SOHC to DOHC Adapter plate!!! Talked to Matt on the phone.. Guy was really cool...

Can't wait!!!

259.jpg

If you want to Make SOHC D-Series fit your DOHC ZC or D16A1... This guy still makes them..

I am using it to put my D-Series SOHC Jackson Racing Supercharger on my DOHC ZC
    Still waiting on ZCSpeed Adapter... :( how long must my toys wait?
  • 503Wagon503Wagon moderator
    dude you're title confused me haha. good luck good sir.
    503Wagon wrote:
    dude you're title confused me haha. good luck good sir.
    Ya.. Can't figure out which way to put it.. RTAWD AT w/DOHC ZC & JRSC.. Might try that! LOL
    These are the seats I'll be using (WRX Recaros), should go well with the Red car & Grey interior.
    270.jpg
    Adapter Plate just came in!!!

There it is
    873.jpg

$149 of Adapting Goodness
    874.jpg

And, my friend just returned my engine hoist... A6 off the stand & ZC on the stand...

I might be able to get a few more of these adapters now.. ;)
    Finally got my spare A6 off my stand..

And, the DOHC ZC has finally made its way on to the building stand.. YAY! :)

921.jpg

Going to try to stay with all that JDM Factory Fitting Goodness... A/C, PS. & Alt.. All Fit!!! Already on the motor.. Just have to add JRSC
    922.jpg
    Moving into Swap spot on Driveway
  • typerwhattyperwhat Band Wagon
    Wow, I just came into this thread because I'm currently working on my ZC swap in my auto AWD 1991 Civic Wagon. She's not as pretty as yours, but I picked her up for a good deal... I think. I'm going to follow this thread because I'd like to see how it all turns out for you. All the best!
  • 1988rt1988rt Senior Wagonist
    yup good luck with your build
  • MexiChriSMexiChriS New Wagonist
    That ZC engine looks nice. Makes me jealous I'm only working with a D16z6... Anymore updates to share?
  • TerminusVoxTerminusVox Senior Wagonist
    I'm trying to renew all of my subscriptions for the new forum, so...

Nice progess!
  • 3rd4ce3rd4ce Council Member
    how goes the progress ..??
    Progress is pretty much halted, till I get my Pawn shop open. Which is definitely this month...
    DRMORTY wrote: »
    Progress is pretty much halted, till I get my Pawn shop open. Which is definitely this month...

ohh i see ....
    well im sure i can be a customer @ the Pawn Shop..!!!
    we could have a Honda Civic Wagon section ...!!!
    A little Progress..

Decided since I didn't have time to do the swap.. I would have a friend do it..

I dropped the car off today around 2pm... And went back at 6pm with the ZC, SC and all the fixings. And, here is what I walked into.. They aren't messing around. They want to see and drive a SC ZC AWD Automatic Wagon probably worse than I do..
    70.jpg

Old A6 and tranny out
    71.jpg

It's empty
    72.jpg

My loaded ZC in their motor building room read to go.. the SC is on the counter in the background by my AWD center caps..
    73.jpg

This is really going to happen..

They are trying to be 100% road worthy by this Saturday.. If I get them the lift kit, they'll probably through that is too..
  • bam-bambam-bam Council Member
    Sweet!! Do you want me to bring you that auto RT trans. when I come? (dumb question...I'll load it up!)
    bam-bam wrote: »
    Sweet!! Do you want me to bring you that auto RT trans. when I come? (dumb question...I'll load it up!)

Oh, already answered the question.. Ya, bring it..
  • man, i'm sooooo on board for this, can't wait to see pix... or dare i say... video :-)
    Well.. $125 bucks more in preventative maintenance parts, but my guy hooked me up.. 2 intake gaskets, t.belt, tensioner, w.pump, plugs, wires, cap rotor, thermostat, axle seals, all the fluids... I want the beast reliable too..

& snagged a new optima yellow top battery for $50 ( blemish batteries = big discount )

And since I had the OBD1 ecu and adapter harness, probably switching it to ODB1. which will make it easier to tune.

Still have to get the lift kit ready.
    DRMORTY wrote: »
    Well.. $125 bucks more in preventative maintenance parts, but my guy hooked me up.. 2 intake gaskets, t.belt, tensioner, w.pump, plugs, wires, cap rotor, thermostat, axle seals, all the fluids... I want the beast reliable too..

& snagged a new optima yellow top battery for $50 ( blemish batteries = big discount )

And since I had the OBD1 ecu and adapter harness, probably switching it to ODB1. which will make it easier to tune.

Still have to get the lift kit ready.

man swapped and riding by saturday .....
    Wow...
  • flatrexflatrex Band Wagon
    Little update

I worked on it last night and installed the adapter plate for the sc, bolted on the sc, iac, throttle body etc. Began doing the preventative maintenence but found out the the water pump and timing belt kit from an 87 integra are different. The belt is entirely to long, tentionor to big and different water pump. Apparently you can either use a b16 t belt or 88-89 integra t belt. Small snag and im sure there will be more lol.

Going back today to fit the trans and start prepping the engine bay.....wish me luck guys :-)
  • 1988rt1988rt Senior Wagonist
    I hope you swaped the rear main seal, my last zc leaked like crazy