Chris's b20 crx. Its alive!

2»

Comments

• rti intracrti intrac Senior Wagonist
    I can't work on it until Friday as I have a exam and need to study. Its so annoying I just want to drive it.
  • 91_wago91_wago Wagonist
    there should be a fan switch on the thermostat housing but its got a different style plug. just swap the plug and extend the wire.
    I used the b16 waterpipe/thermostat cover. The obd1 motors have the switch on the thermostat housing. i just got a bare block and swapped what parts I needed off the B16. I actually have 3 of those housings but all the thermo-switches have died
    I used the b16 waterpipe/thermostat cover. The obd1 motors have the switch on the thermostat housing. i just got a bare block and swapped what parts I needed off the B16. I actually have 3 of those housings but all the thermo-switches have died
    My rangi thermo switch doesn't work, there is oil pissing out and it doesnt idle and is throwing lots of codes. And it misfires like shit. specially in vtec. i've pulled all the plugs which are very fowles, I'll bead blast them at work while I get some teflon tape and tools I forgot
    I fixed the oil leak and all CELs except one. 9 so the dizzy has finally packed it in. Time for a obd0-1 swap now then off to the dyno...
    Un-tuned its heaps better than the old b16. Going up a hill be my house with the b16 had to go down to second to make it up now I can leave it in 4th and it goes up comfortably
    Had a talk to a tuner and he recommends going crome. I got a new dizzy today as it was cheaper than a second hand one lol. Will make up a conversion harness this week if I'm free/have the effort
    Still leaking oil, But not as much as before. Got some new headers, welding upa new muffler tomorrow.
    I got all my wiring looms done today, dizzy and ecu. I'll put pics up tomorrow as its 1am and I should be asleep lol
    obd1 swap done. Will start and idle (just) but as soon as I give it some throttle it dies. Ill ahve to do some more investigating. got three codes, all of which are unrelated. And the brand new dizzy I got, one of the wires have pulled out of the plug. I jammed it back in the hole for now. Made up a new muffler for the back as I failed a wof (safety inspection) and it was too loud.
    the auction for the headers said some modificationj may be required to fit... I queried this and the seller said it may need to be modified for b16. Stupid me thought they would fit in a ef chassis... I started work at 11AM today and its Now 7:15 pm and the headers are in. Had to cut the front cross member alot to get Clearance. Made up some plated and welded them in to give some strength to replace what I cut off. Got the flange tacked on the flexi, have to weld it up yet and cut the remaining pipe to length. What A mission.
    The shitty engine/gearbox stabilizer mount was a right bastard to bolt back up.
  • I think i speak for everyone when I say, this thread requires pics :D
    Ill get some tomorrow after work. I've had enough of The car today lol.
    Here are some pics
    324.jpg
    325.jpg
    headers
    New muffler
    326.jpg
    327.jpg
    Obd0-obd1 harness
    328.jpg
    right so I'm sick of this car having problems all the time, goint to take the wheels/shocks and put them in the shuttle and see if anyone is interested in buying this
    After many months I have fixed it!. The dizzy issue was reversed wiring inside the new dizzy I got which was throwing the code. The idle issue was caused by a mixture of cracked map sensor hose and the hose being in the wrong place.
    Just went for a quick test drive. holy sh## its fast! I want to keep it now haha
    Sold the car today. Its going to a Good home. Now I can spent time/ money on the shuttle(s)
  • SiRgeSiRge Wagonist
    Lol, love your past few posts.

Saw this on NZH, it's weird to see how much effort goes in to putting these in EF7's though
    It is worth the effort at the end of the day when its all running mint and your driving it. It would probably be easier in a EF8. Maybe next time.