Wagon RT4WD Axles

In case anyone was wondering, you can use '91 integra axles to replace the ones in your wagon. Fortunately for me I kept the receipts from my '91 SiR swapped Si, and got free axles. Just make sure those chumps have the c-clip on the inner spline shaft.

Comments

• turbo_tegturbo_teg Council Member
    wow thats some good info to have.
  • But will it fit a 4wd model?
  • In case anyone was wondering, you can use '91 integra axles to replace the ones in your wagon. Fortunately for me I kept the receipts from my '91 SiR swapped Si, and got free axles. Just make sure those chumps have the c-clip on the inner spline shaft.

where in central florida are you located?..
  • bam-bambam-bam Council Member
    But will it fit a 4wd model?

Only the RT4wd. All of the 2wd cars have a long left axle instead of the intermediate shaft and equal length axles found on the RTs.
  • RIght Bam-Bam, the axles on the 2wd appear to be the same axles from my single cam ZC motor. (one long and one short)

So When I got up underneath the car for the first time, and saw the I-shaft, I was like AHHH, there is a god. Measured and prayed, and when the new axles were the same as the old ones, I felt like I had just saved $170, cuz i did.

turboteg: I was searching part numbers, and cross referencing them, the part numbers are different from acura axles and RT axles, why I dont know. But they fit my RT, so thats all that matters, unless they self destruct. Plus I was searching on here and honda-tech and didn't find anything about which cars I could use axles from. the only thing I found was spline count and compressed axle length, which helped me, somewhat.

So I decided I would nip it in the butt, and spell it out for everyone.

1991KA8- I'm in Brevard County
  • iboymaiboyma Wagonist
    RIght Bam-Bam, the axles on the 2wd appear to be the same axles from my single cam ZC motor. (one long and one short)

So When I got up underneath the car for the first time, and saw the I-shaft, I was like AHHH, there is a god. Measured and prayed, and when the new axles were the same as the old ones, I felt like I had just saved $170, cuz i did.

turboteg: I was searching part numbers, and cross referencing them, the part numbers are different from acura axles and RT axles, why I dont know. But they fit my RT, so thats all that matters, unless they self destruct. Plus I was searching on here and honda-tech and didn't find anything about which cars I could use axles from. the only thing I found was spline count and compressed axle length, which helped me, somewhat.

So I decided I would nip it in the butt, and spell it out for everyone.

1991KA8- I'm in Brevard County

Hey you made it, and brought some useful info lol
  • Wow. Just in time! My driver's side lower ball joint failed, ripping out my axle the other day. So, when I call to order an CV axle and they don't have it for my 91 wagon, I can ask if they have it for the 91 integra?
  • holy crap, I bet that was spectacular. Progess, as long as you have a 91 RT4WD you can use 91 GSR axles
    Iboyma?!? the heck is that man. holy creative name.
  • So I decided I would nip it in the bud

fixed..

This is good info to know, thanks for the heads up. but the last post brought up a question... do you use the LS or GSR axles, or does it even matter?
  • i dont think it matters, most of the intermediate shafts on manual cars are the same for those years.
  • jt223539jt223539 New Wagonist
    I can 100% back this mans statement. Literally just did this about an hour ago.

Any 90-93 B-series Integra Axles will work as a replacement for the front on a RT4wd. Went from being 80 for one axle which had to be specially ordered, to 100 for both axles which they had in stock. I will pay the extra 20 for another axle, and the convenience.

Thank you for making this thread, would have been lost without it.

Oh and I now have another question, What are the options for the Rear?
  • tfnaaftfnaaf Band Wagon
    Just did a little research on these axles. The only listed difference that i can find in the catalog is the DA axles are 3mm shorter. I could only see this being an issue if you were lifting the wagon and doing some extreme off roading. Sounds like a good parts interchange to me!
  • yea maybe the 3mm might cause a problem as they are stretching, when the spindle nut is tightened, possibly causing premature failure.

BUT...I hook the guys up at the Bumper to Bumper with soda or beer when I come back and need my life time free replacements. Just keep your receipts!!!!

Yea I was lost about a month ago when I was trying to figure out if I could use my b16 hatch's axles (which are DA axles) on the wagon. I had just gotten lazy from researching, and just measured my intermediate shaft to determine whether or not they were the same, and went for it. I'm really glad this hasn't been addressed and that I am actually contributing knowledge, and helping people.

jt: Man, I was wondering the same thing about the rears. Anyone wanna make bets? I don't have to do mine yet, cuz I still want to do ball joints and bushings before I take it 4 wheelin'. Plus I need some all terrains =)
  • JackVJackV Wagonist
    i tried this and the teggy axle wouldn't go into the intermediate shaft.

wtf?
    JackV wrote:
    i tried this and the teggy axle wouldn't go into the intermediate shaft.

wtf?

You sure you were putting the correct side on? And you did get a 90-93 Integra axle correct? 94-01 axles are different.
  • JackVJackV Wagonist
    yeah I made sure
  • JackV - did you sort it out, or what?

Sorry I didn't get back to this sooner.
  • JackVJackV Wagonist
    yeah i just ordered a wagon axle :(
  • 3rd4ce3rd4ce Council Member
    ok gang im getting a slight knocking on take off :shock: (think from the right side axel ) ive looked over this thread again so a B-Series axel is what i think im gonna grab from a local parts supplier and hopefully this knock goes away.... :roll:
  • I finally replaced both lower ball joints and replaced my broken drivers side axle with one from a 91 integra I got from a used parts place nearby for $30. Now I just need new tires all around and an alignment. Thanks for starting this thread dukevonDANK!
  • I'm glad I could help someone out; I was feeling like a tard when I couldn't find it on any forums, so I started it here and HT, waiting for a moderator to tell me to search more, didn't happen.
    Plus I'm a cheap bastard.

Jack V- you may have a different Intermediate shaft
  • "yea maybe the 3mm might cause a problem as they are stretching, when the spindle nut is tightened, possibly causing premature failure"

so this worries me a little. anyone have any problem with this?
  • JackVJackV Wagonist
    I'm glad I could help someone out; I was feeling like a tard when I couldn't find it on any forums, so I started it here and HT, waiting for a moderator to tell me to search more, didn't happen.
    Plus I'm a cheap bastard.

Jack V- you may have a different Intermediate shaft

i hope not, i'm still waiting for my damn axle to come in too. No phone call yet.
  • jpoopoo wrote:
    "yea maybe the 3mm might cause a problem as they are stretching, when the spindle nut is tightened, possibly causing premature failure"

so this worries me a little. anyone have any problem with this?
    3mm is .118". or roughly a hair over a tenth of an inch. I wouldn't think that this would cause any issues at all.
  • one tenth of an inch, I believe in engineering terms is a c-hair.
    So no problems with mine so far, and with the rain we've been getting down here, I've been punishing corners, trying to get slideways. Still nothing broken.
    But boy is she burning oil!
  • This thread absolutely rocks.

So, all 4th gen civic wagon's front axles are interchangeable with 4th gen DA integras?
  • 3rd4ce3rd4ce Council Member
    MrLewayne wrote:
    This thread absolutely rocks.
    So, all 4th gen civic wagon's front axles are interchangeable with 4th gen DA integras?
    NO i think you misunderstood ...
    bam-bam wrote:
    Only the RT4wd. All of the 2wd cars have a long left axle instead of the intermediate shaft and equal length axles found on the RTs.
  • 3rd4ce wrote:
    MrLewayne wrote:
    This thread absolutely rocks.
    NO i think you misunderstood ...
    bam-bam wrote:

damnit, thats what I meant... :lol:
  • I just spent 2 hours at the local parts houses comparing integra axles 90-93 to my passenger side RT4wd and they were all like 2 inches shorter than mine? my RT is a 90 if that helps? anyone else have the same issue? was there different axles made for different years? Any info would be greatly appreciated!
    I just spent 2 hours at the local parts houses comparing integra axles 90-93 to my passenger side RT4wd and they were all like 2 inches shorter than mine? my RT is a 90 if that helps? anyone else have the same issue? was there different axles made for different years? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

As far as I know, all the axles for specific year have been the same.

And I am not sure why yours were that much shorter, but I have been running these axles now for 3 months, and have had no problems what so ever with them.