K20 Swapped Wagovan Build. Ohio.

Comments

• adamEFwagonadamEFwagon Senior Wagonist
    nice build, should turn out great.
  • sick build! i wish i had the loot for that build. keep up the good work!
  • austinsb3639austinsb3639 New Wagonist
    Sorry for the lag time in posting guys. I have pictures and such that I will be posting ASAP. My motor is done and tranny is waiting on the lightened flywheel to mount them together and then the test fitting begins. Paint is also in the works SOON. I need a vote on colors though. Tell me what you guys have been wanting to see on a shuttle. I have a few ideas and I think all of them would look nice. Darker blues, rootbeer, darker orange. What you guys think? Also I am thinking on rolling the fenders and running some +15 offset 15inch wheels. Anyone had problems with rubbing on this offset? Let me know.
    Austin
  • FoofighterFoofighter Band Wagon
    Super awesome build man! I joked with my brother about throwing a K20 into a wagon and we both laughed because we didn't think anyone was crazy enough to do it! Good to see someone out there that is actually doing it haha. I like the sound of dark orange for the car. Think if you matched the valve cover with that it would look amazing!
  • MrM3MrM3 Council Member
    I have a 15x7 +15 with Integra spindles and had big issues getting mine to fit. I have a lot of camber in the rear and had to stretch the front fenders. I'm not sure if the issue was the Integra spindles though.
  • I think for you to get some good wheels that fit well you'll have to do some fender rolling. Otherwise you'll have to run a lot of negative camber to tuck them like MrM3's saying. Just have your guy that does the bodywork take care of it and he'll roll them while heating the fenders to prevent too much warping/denting. Then you can paint and it'll look nice.

I think for old cars like ours mesh wheels like MrM3's look nice. OEM wheels don't have the fitment like his and are generally under 6.5" wide too which is boring, but less work and less rubbing to worry about. There are TONS of old japanese wheels that make me drool, but you're looking at a lot of cash to get something truly unique (1-3K). In the end XXR makes some decent wheels in 15x8 and +15 or 0 offsets that would work with a little fender work on your end and are around 400 bux shipped. With a set of 15x8 wheels 195/50/15 tires look awesome on them too.

As far as a color goes, it depends on how low key you want to keep the car and how bad thievery is in your area. I typically like to keep things with a black/silver/white variant, but that's just me and wanting to keep it low key and match the interior because i'm anal and i'd want to match the grey interior in my car to the exterior color. I think some of the new toyotas have some cool rootbeer looking browns and light browns that are cool too though and are a little flashier. In the end its your car though so go with whatever looks best to you.

PICS!!!!!!!!!1
  • wyld kardz ee2wyld kardz ee2 Senior Wagonist
    its all up to you.there is someone on here that has rootbeer brown.(Smells)its a color that I wanted.i have colors picked out for mine but I don't want to tell about them yet.
  • andre@rawandre@raw Band Wagon
    I just got a wagon and I have a K20 lined up for it, should be fun.

Nice project and gl with it
  • etherether Band Wagon
    i've never seen a k swap in a wagon before, looks really good so far.
    Engine will be mounted this week and color choice is decided but a secret. I really need some more help on Wheels. I am going to run 15x8 bit maybe I should be looking at something a bit more on the positive side. Now I am worried about turn in. Fenders will be rolled as a precaution. I will rolling some OEM stuff until I make a decision. Thanks for looking and I will post more updates as I get going.
  • Feel free to PM me about wheel selection, but there are a few threads on here about sizes and whatnot with pics etc...also lurking on honda-tach sometimes helps get a decent idea of what sizes and offsets work best.
  • So sick. Can't wait to see it done.
  • in need of update with pics..have yet to see one of these with a k
    First off I want to say sorry for the LONG time with no updates. I am gonna take some pictures for you today. But not of the car. It is in for paint which will be a long process as it will be SO CLEAN. Complete shave and tuck (which is done) and complete show car paint job. Color is absolutly amazing. I am having my paint guy document each step as he goes so there will be lots of pictures to post. Motor is done and together just waiting to be put to work. I am getting everything together for the last few bits now. Fuel setup is done. Harness is done. Wheels are picked but not purchased yet, I am holding out to get exactly what I want. Basically it is a waitng game for paint which I will not rush because it will be worth the wait. Interior is ready to go in and is a OEM combo. I am working now on my front lip. I need to get some emblems and want to get the "SHUTTLE" emblem. Exhaust is a question now. It will be 3 inch and custom but I need to see how some outher guys run it. I know how I want it ran and want to see how others ran it. It will go down the tunnel straight and go back around the gas tank and over the rear LCA and straight out the back. I don't want the round about wat it runs stock. Anyway, I am gonna get some pics up.
    Austin
  • CAN'T WAIT!!! let me see those damn pictures!
  • Sick build. I wish I had the knowledge and experience to re pin my harnesses and do a k swap and wire tuck.
  • CarGuyCarGuy New Wagonist
    Where are th updates on this beast?
  • Can't wait to see the pics too. When they show up I'm sure they'll be awesome
  • driftin90driftin90 Senior Wagonist
    any updates?
  • Its currently getting painted, the color is a surprise I guess he won't even tell me! LOL
  • turbo_tegturbo_teg Council Member
    is the bleeder on your rear disc swap sittin upside down? if so how are ya gunna bleed it? and what e-brake cables did use?
  • jdm_rolexjdm_rolex New Wagonist
    My Wagovan Build thread.
    Rear disc swap was a pain in the butski. Also went with stainless Earls Lines.
    466.jpg

Did you have to cut the rear trailing arms for your set up on the rear disk?
    Some info on the rear dick would be great!
  • leWolfleWolf Senior Wagonist
    jdm_rolex wrote:
    My Wagovan Build thread.
    Rear disc swap was a pain in the butski. Also went with stainless Earls Lines.
    466.jpg

Did you have to cut the rear trailing arms for your set up on the rear disk?
    Some info on the rear dick would be great!
    Rear disk?
    Yes it has to be notched for caliper, i have been looking into this for a while. An easy way to do this is buy a fastbrakes kit and do minor welding and cutting.
  • lol jdm_rolex loves the rear dick
  • PolarWagoPolarWago Band Wagon
    Awesome build for another Ohioan wago owner. Hope it's going or driving well.
  • lol jdm_rolex loves the rear dick

lololol
  • jdm_rolexjdm_rolex New Wagonist
    hahahaha! Austin chime in bro!! any updates?

I am sorry i dont like the rear dick....However i DO like his rear DISK! hahaha
  • emokid11emokid11 Band Wagon
    Sweet build! Im from ohio and looking to start building my wagon but have to go get it in dayton on saturday but I will have a head start has it already has a swap and coilovers on it. It needs a ton of work but for the price it worth it just cause of the swap and the coilovers. And plus its only the second one i found in ohio but i did see one other but was being parted out and there wasnt much left not sure where i even found it at. I could learn a lot from you what part of ohio are you from?My wagon is a bit of a beater and will be a project car so im in no hurry to get done but there is alot of work to be done. Ill be making a build thread with pics when i get it but I know my build process will be a little slow as money is tight at times and college loans for an education I never finished will have to start being paid on :(. I decide to get an education in cars to become a honda mechanic instead :) but get back to me where your from exactly just pm or something. And keep us up to date!
    Thanks Eric
  • damn K20 probably broke this man too
  • lil'ghostlil'ghost Council Member
    EDwEFprts wrote:
    ..in4more.. :P

thisss. lol

*subscribe*