Fluctuating Idle after warmup. ICV?

Hello i feel ashamed to be asking this because I used to be so good with sensors and where they were and what they did, I have been having problems with my 4WD's Idle after some spirited driving especially.
The car just went in for waterpump/timing belt change and i got the valve lash adjusted also-
the car will go from about 700-1500rpms while im at a stop my buddies prelude used to do it and it turned out to be the idle control valve and all he had to do was spray it with brake cleaner and re install it.
my question is where is the idle control valve and does it sound like it could be the problem? thanks anyinput will be apparecated.

Comments

• Be sure the radiator is full and bleed. Air bubbles or low fluid will cause the idle to bounce up and down too.
  • bam-bambam-bam Council Member
    If bleeding it doesn't work, the EACV is on the back of the intake manifold.
  • NengchangNengchang New Wagonist
    Make sure there no bubbles. Sounds to me like
    bubbles. Try to flush it and see what happens.
    Good luck.
  • Bubbles???
    www.civicwagon.com
    me and my sick jokes ey...

worst case scenario, valvecover, gasket...

GL..
  • skinnyskinny Senior Wagonist
    It's your fitv it's under your throttle below the throttle body. Google it and you will find out how to fix it
  • hey i have the same problem! but my idle was fine before i tried jacking with it.. i wanted my idle to go up, it was idling around 600 rpms and i wanted it a tad bit higher. so i messed with the idle adjuster, and i disconnected a coolant hose that went to my intake mani.. i put everthing back and my car surges after warm up.. sometimes it doesnt and sometimes it does.. i tried bleeding the coolant.. anyone got insight?!
  • ICV is easy to replace if that ends up being your problem. They go bad all the time on these cars and to my knowledge nobody makes a replacement or a repair kit...there's some sort of plastic spring inside there and I think the plastic just deteriorates over time. That or they get all gummed up. If some carb cleaner doesn't do the trick, just go to the junkyard and pick up a spare or 3.