Billboards ELEMENT...

alright guys i got one; finally... i hopped a shuttle bus at 5:40 in the morning, to go to Salt Lake City, UT. Got there just before 10a.m. (i hate public transportation)...

anyways here are the stats:

2004 Element Ex (or so the guy says; im not sure i know the difference yet between the EX and LX).

120,XXX on the ODO.

Automatic.

Rt4wd.

Sunroof.

Carbon Fibre Hood (sun faded pretty bad- i will see if i can bring this back to life- otherwise i will just paint it).

CD player/towhitch/dragon seat covers lols.

the only pic i have from the advertisement...
761.jpg

Needs to be detailed on the inside, but everything is really pretty clean. I already took it to Big-o tires and traded the chromed out rims for some brand new black steelies 16X6.5 with some meaty tires. looks much better.... moar pix tomorrow...

O- and i LOVE it.... :D :D :D :D

Comments

• I like how you ditched the chromies straight away :lol:

If your previous wagons are anything to go by then this will be sweet
  • bam-bambam-bam Council Member
    weak. :P

(not a wagon)
  • BillBoardBillBoard council member
    NZ-DB8R wrote:
    I like how you ditched the chromies straight away :lol:

i had to; i realllly hate chrome for some reason... they gave me 600 dollars for them
    so that was cool... i dont know if i could have sold them to some one for 600, so i
    was stoked...

and thanks man; many plans i have for this element... i can barely sit still im so excited...
    bam-bam wrote:
    weak. :P

(not a wagon)

there are none left to buy; you have them all.... :wink:
  • RevmaynardRevmaynard Council Member
    You better make this great! :)
  • Here is some insperation! Who needs a roof rack...LOL!

element55.jpg
  • ^ That's nothing...go all out for $4500 mang! :P
    768.jpg

Glad you finally got your beloved E and ditched the chromies. You're going to miss the mpg though. I used to be on ElementOwnersClub.com which has some good info, parts, etc. Looking forward to seeing what you do with this thing...
  • ThaClutcHThaClutcH Senior Wagonist
    CF hood FTW! Haha.
  • nice!!!i love elements. whats your plans for it?
    took the element snowboarding...

812.jpg

813.jpg

814.jpg

me
    815.jpg

the GF
    816.jpg

and then i just washed the E today... presh bath
    817.jpg

818.jpg

the hood... looks good when wet...
    819.jpg

820.jpg

821.jpg

822.jpg

823.jpg

824.jpg

825.jpg
  • nice.. that might be my next purchase.. when the rt4wd is done..
  • CharbCharb Administrator
    Good choice man. I love the seats in those things!
  • ThaClutcHThaClutcH Senior Wagonist
    Looks good Bill.
  • ok, the one thing i cannot stand about the elements design is the off colored body panels.

does anyone know what the purpose of that is. it drives me nuts. i mean maybe if i had an element, and it was black, i would get Carbon FIber panels, if available, but the first thing i would do is have them color matched.

anyone else feeeel me?

ps i love it with the stockies
  • Awesome Bill.

My wife and I have loved our Element since we got it in '05.

BTW:

EX RT4WD was the only model with the rear skylight.

I'm not sure what differentiated the EX from LX in '04, but it's probably:

EX:

Alloy wheels (LX had steelies and covers std)
    Premium stereo with subwoofer and XM trial - '05 also had a MP3/aux jack next to the front power outlet
    Different seat pattern - not much difference

Honestly that's all I can think of really.

You will hate the mpg compared to a wagon, but the versatility and cargo room is unmatched. I can fit much more much easier in the Element.
    Vegas13 wrote:
    ok, the one thing i cannot stand about the elements design is the off colored body panels.

does anyone know what the purpose of that is. it drives me nuts. i mean maybe if i had an element, and it was black, i would get Carbon FIber panels, if available, but the first thing i would do is have them color matched.

anyone else feeeel me?

Starting in '06 they were offered in an Ex-P package meaning painted panels.

Also in '05 they offered a darker grey, almost black plastic paneling such as I've got on my own Element:

830.jpg

I've got 60K on mine and the only thing that we've replaced that's not a wear item was the accessory drive tensioner pulley because the pulley was noisy.
  • bam-bambam-bam Council Member
    Being into bicycling, I have a LOT of friends with Elements. My buddy Speedy has one that's silver with blue plastics- looks kinda cool.
  • Vegas13 wrote:
    ok, the one thing i cannot stand about the elements design is the off colored body panels.

anyone else feeeel me?

Anyone ever see the show that use to be on the speed channel called "Tuner Transformation"?

They did an episode with an Element, where they color matched the panels on the side and also did a k20 head swap. It turned out really nice and I forget what kind of numbers they pulled on the dyno, but I remember them talking about how hard it was to paint the panels. LOL.
  • the element SC has painted panels. nice purchase bill. i was in the market for one of these2 years ago. then the economy fucked me
    B18C5-EH2 wrote:
    BTW:

EX RT4WD was the only model with the rear skylight.

False... i've been badgered so much lately; it seems everyone is an
    element expert, but according to Elementownersclub.com any RT4wd
    element will have the rear moonroof regaurdless of trim level...

the 03-04 rt's were only offered in an EX and a DX.... LX trim level
    didnt come until 2005... also with 2005 the darker grey plastic trim
    was offered....

my car does not have the 5disc cd player, nor the arm rest, nor
    the bungys on the back of the seat, nor the rear sub...

my element is an 04 RT4wd DX...

or so im told...
  • DRMORTYDRMORTY Council Member
    Here is some insperation! Who needs a roof rack...LOL!

www.civicwagon.com

Would this fit the wagon?

What are the dimensions of the Element roof?
  • DRMORTYDRMORTY Council Member
    I like the way yours looks with the Steelies... The Tough Edition
  • TIMELESSWHITETIMELESSWHITE Senior Wagonist
    gea
  • slo88crxslo88crx Senior Wagonist
    Element looks good! I always liked these!!
  • It's funny how there are not a ton of differences between trims, yet I cannot keep track of them anyways.

BTW:

The sub the Element comes with from the factory is actually in the front underneath the center radio/climate control console. It's probably a storage compartment in your Element. I also don't have a disc changer - maybe it was an '06-up thing, or accessory only? I'm not sure. Yeah I've got the bungees on the backs of my seats, armrests on both front seats, etc. but I don't know if it has more to do with trim level vs. year model.
    B18C5-EH2 wrote:
    I

BTW:

The sub the Element comes with from the factory is actually in the front underneath the center radio/climate control console. It's probably a storage compartment in your Element.

yeah i just found that out today... the guy i work with has the sub in his element... its
    so effing rad---- i wanna get one...

nice element btw... there a ton of factory mods that my Element didnt come with that
    i would like to get... it'd be easy to burn another 2gs here and there...
  • looks good bill...

anyone want a 5spd element 95k holla at me $7500 8)
  • BillBoard wrote:
    820.jpg

Someone do a kicker off the front headlight?

E looks great. I have always liked them. We would have one right now if it were not for the low cargo weight capacity. Take the GVWR and subtract the curb weight, and that leaves you with 660 lbs for passengers and cargo. Not enough for the 3 of us and our 2 big dogs.
    Vegas13 wrote:
    nice!!!i love elements. whats your plans for it?

lower it 2inches.
    tint front windows.
    nerf bars.
    roof rack.
    foglights.
    hunt down other oem goodies.... the usual for a hond....
    DRMORTY wrote:
    Here is some insperation! Who needs a roof rack...LOL!

Would this fit the wagon?

What are the dimensions of the Element roof?

made for the element specifically.. not sure if the roof of the wagon would support
    the weight of 2 people... and a sunroof is require to make the mod happen... but
    as always where there is a will- there is a way.... put bambam to work somebody...
    MondiVTEC wrote:
    looks good bill...

anyone want a 5spd element 95k holla at me $7500 8)
    where were you last week???
    Jaker wrote:
    Someone do a kicker off the front headlight?

lols, i think so... nothing a new sticker cant handle... :wink:
  • i bought my wagon to be my DAILY.. but i <3 it so much.. I want to tear it apart and do a complete resto/edm/mod to it..

I am seriously thinking I am gonna pick one of these up after the first of the year... my buddy just got one.. and I drove it over the weekend and totally dug on it..

?? are you gonna rock the steelies when you lower it.. or you gonna upgrade them down the road??
  • nice pick up bill $7150 good deal!

5X114.3

Sooo many wheels options

ITR, TL, TSX, RSX, HFP, and this is just OEM stockies

Aftermarket 5X114.3 wheels wow!!

have fun bill!!

Congrats!

?? are you gonna rock the steelies when you lower it.. or you gonna upgrade them down the road??

well this spring i will probably try to lower it a lil bit and put something a lil nicer under there...