Another new wagonaholic.

Hello for South Carolina, Skye Maloney here. Just picked up an 89 and I know nothing about them! Been reading around, trying to pick up tidbits here and there.

Mine is an 89, stock everything (of importance), 130K on the clock. The springs are some bastard of an excuse for lowering springs, so they're going next weekend. Struts are completely blown, as are the rear shocks. Right now, my suspension exists of springs and bumpstops. Horrible... horrible... HORRIBLE RIDE. So, should I figure out how to cheaply lower it and improve the ride, it'll be much more pleasurable to ride around in.

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

Comments

• wagodizzlewagodizzle Council Member and EDM expert
    looks very clean man! where in SC are you? im in the Hilton Head area.
  • RockVegasRockVegas New Wagonist
    I'm to the left in Rock Hill, just below Charlotte and yes, I'll come hang at your pad, thanks for asking, lol

Yeah, the interior isn't too bad, the driver seat has the usual tears, so I need to do something about that. The rest is pretty darn clean for a 20 year old interior. May do a seat swap, not sure, hate to break up the continuity just because of one seat. It's got the normal wheel well rust in the rear, some dings here and there, but I have a feeling I'm going to get attached to this thing, which wasnt the idea. This was going to be my in-between cars car. So, I may have to talk the wife into letting me park two Hondas in the driveway before too much longer.
  • bigluelokbigluelok Wagonist
    nice if i remember what i read correctly you can use ef suspension.
    Thanks man and funny you should mention that. May I suggest you swing down to the suspension forum and add that to my question? I posted, yet another, suspension lowering question in there. I know everyone here is just dying to answer another one, lol
  • evol911evol911 familEE
    Skye Maloney sounds like a WW1 pilot's name! LOL Welcome to the forums!
  • welps...at least you have a roofrack...

:mrgreen:
    Yeah, almost heading towards that rat rod look.... I'd probably take it off if I wanted to bother with leaky plug holes. Eh, maybe I'll get some use out of it. It can be my rational for taking the car out of town, luggage on the roof. Now, I just need some better looking luggage, lol
  • wagodizzlewagodizzle Council Member and EDM expert
    you can hang at my pad whenever you want mane lulz.