tripple pillar pod?

2»

Comments

• skinny wrote:
    See I though about the radio spot but I really like listening to 101.1 :lol:

Cort & Fatboy FTW!!!!! :lol:
  • This is when I was going to go turbo.

342.jpg

This is after i put the LS swap in.

343.jpg

Wow, what a difference a camera makes.

I took my A/C stuff out and made a plate out of aluminum sheet from a place I used to work. The lower gauges were mechanical
    and worked like a champ. Even the needles matched and they looked factory. I miss that car. :(
  • skinnyskinny Senior Wagonist
    no heater? umm here in oregon no heater is a death sentence :lol:
  • skinny wrote:
    no heater? umm here in oregon no heater is a death sentence :lol:

I'm in Florida homie, I guess you could the same thing in the radio spot but I took all my A/c stuff out and sold it. I regretted doing that when I was sitting in traffic and my skin was sticking to the ever so pleasant vinyl seats. :lol:

but hey, it looks cool and it worked.
  • skinnyskinny Senior Wagonist
    no a/c in florida? Your lucky I cant reach through the comp and smack you like in those v-8 commercials. Haha "could have had a/c" :lol:
  • AbideAbide Council Member
    Anyone come up with some new solutions to this issue? Ive got a wideband going in soon. considering just mounting it directly into the dash due to lack of anything else really.

:(
  • GlifiousGlifious Wagonist
    Too bad you don't have a 3rd gen. I'm going to be putting my gauges in the pop up air vent on the dash of my 87. Maybe if you can find a donor 3rd gen use one of those pop ups and fabricate it into the dash or somewhere out of the way. Hidden and a very cool place that should match your interior. Just a really cool idea I thought I'd mention.
    solution i came up with using a glowshift small 3 gauge universal pod, the fabric ive used on everything, and some careful trimming with my dremel
  • A place where I mount an oil preasure gauge in all of my Efs is to the right under the steering wheel, where the double block off plate is. Just take them out. Take a dremel and take the divider out. At this time I either stick the gauge in and make an addition trim if I have to. Then you take the mounting bracket flip it upside down. Give it a little bend on the flange of the bracket an it mounts pretty flush. I have even cut a 3x3" piece of stainless and cut a hole in it for the gauge. I will drill a hole at each corner an use a hand rivet gun and rivet In place. When my picture uploading is given I will post photos of what I am talking about. Other than that In my crxs I've had I put the gauges in the lower half of the center console
  • bam-bam wrote: »
    Hence the aforementioned dash butchery! Now what would be cool is a little "pod" or nacelle in the shelf of the dash, above the center vent. IF you could make it look OE, sort of a miniature version of the instrument panel hood...nah, it'd still look hokey.
    NZ-DB8R wrote: »
    Since a EF has a nice little "shelf" on the dash, why not make a little "box" that sits on there to hold the gauges?

Could make it nice and rounded etc so that it looks like another cluster.

(I have a picture in my head of how it looks, but cant really explain it)

I've been considering trying to do this for a while...I have access to a 3d printer at work, and could model something up that would fit perfectly...but I have no idea if they'd let me use it for something like this.
    fixed the link to what i did. I'm still happy with it now that it has all innovate MTX-L/D series daisy chained into each other for(from left to right) Boost/vac and a progressive/staged/all-on shift light | MTX-L Wideband o2| MTX-D Oil Pressure/Temp
  • A goo way to make a molded gauge pod for the dash is by using PVC the same size as the gauges, cut 2-3 inch sections. Fasten them together,the PVC will hold the gauges, slide them in and secure them. Drill whole on the bottom for your wires oil lines etc, or make the pipe a little longer and run it out the back of it. then use a little epoxy, or some fiberglass and form the shape you want over the PVC, I plan on using my go pro an uploading tons of diy mods that I will be doing on my build am uploading them to my YouTube page. Search anthony Ferrara or tonehouseny on YouTube an you will see my channel.
  • heres a photo of what i was talking about that i do on 90% of the efs I've owned, where you knock out the block off plates. this photo is a little bad, but you can make out the black mount that comes with the sun pro oil pressure gauge use that to mount it, then rivet it in instead of screws, a rivet can be removed just as easy as a screw.i feel like it one of the best places for a persons Primary gauge, or "favorite" cause its out of the way, but it is always in your peripheral as you are scanning out the windshield to your mirrors. not staring down a tunnel. this photo is from my gold dx hatch i just sold a few weeks back,that had a freshly rebuilt b18b in it. with full one piece tien suspension an other goodies [IMG][/img]IMG_0792_zpsccc47a85.jpg[IMG][/img]IMG_0741_zpsc40ef73d.jpg[IMG][/img]IMG_0743_zps317fb888.jpg[IMG][/img]IMG_0748_zpsc81a1194.jpg[IMG][/img]IMG_0867_zpsc89245f2.jpg