FACTORY SPEAKER PODS just not HOnda...

Ok, sorry for the wait.

The speaker pods are from a 97 Isuzu rodeo. Not sure the body years but I'm thinking if the isuzu has the pods then maybe the passports have them too..

Ok so these came out of a 97 isuzu rodeo. Get the pods and the mounts.

Take off your headliner for fitting and running wires. It's super easy, do it once and you could open a headliner removing shop. My girlfriend and I did this installation in an afternoon. But like I said, do it once and you could do it again in a half an hour.

1. wire up your rear speakers and run the wiring up the pillars and back along the side roof railing and come out at the end near he hatch with about a foot of extra wire.

2. unbolt the inner nut on each side from the hatch mount bolts. grab your isuzu speaker mount and fit it up to that bolt using the rear bolt hole on the mount. it bolts right in and you only need that one bolt in the mount, when you tighten it up and do your reinstall you'll see that, that one bolt for the mount does plenty good.

3. do all your wire/mount/speaker fitting now and test your wiring/speakers while the headliner is off. Everything work? ok take your speaker back off, take your mount back off and reinstall the headliner, just slide it back in and clip the front pillars back in and put your visors back on to hold it up in the front, it's all you need, it's not going to bend or bow.

4. at first, poke little holes in the headliner where your hatch bolt where your mounting your speakers is and test fit your mount. I had to slowly cut out the area till the mount fit enought to safely thread the nut back on the the hatch bolt. <<Take your time here, make sure you got a solid thread on that bolt before you sinch it down. if you strip that bolt you'll have to stop, take your hatch off and switch the mounts(not a bid deal but time consuming)

5. if you want to throw your speakers on the mounts real quick and check them out and bump your sweet new loud almost free system for a while go ahead, I did. but ok take the speaker backoff the mounts and continue/finish reinstalling your headliner and plastics(the pillarplastics won't fit around the speaker pods so you must put the plastics back on whilest your pods are off and out of the way. You would have figureg it out but I'm trying to save you some time.

6. ok so your headliner is reinstalled, your Oh-Shit handles and visors are reattached, your plastics are back on, you're ready to one last time atach them speakerpods to the mount. uses two 10mm bolts and your done.

You now have enclosed rear speakers that are out of the way and solid/reliable.

If you have any questions, or comments please feel free to ask.

Pics:

100_3808.jpg

100_3809.jpg

100_3810.jpg

100_3811.jpg

Finished product. pics from today. got a couple goodies since the install, see if you can spot em..

102_3849.jpg

102_3850.jpg

102_3851.jpg

102_3852.jpg

And the Vid, Excuse te messy car. and the NUGE FTW!!!!

th_100_3812.jpg

Comments

• lol, nice work. Those from an older Stanza wagon? I have been thinking about doing something similar lately. Looking forward to it, thanks for sharing!
  • stephenstephen Senior Wagonist
    5thgen4dr wrote:

I'll be doing a write up later today.

How long are the days where you live?! :D

are you in alaska? :wink:
  • skinnyskinny Senior Wagonist
    6 months of day 6 months of night? :lol:
  • 5thgen4dr5thgen4dr Band Wagon
    bump
  • stephenstephen Senior Wagonist
    nice write up. i mightve considered this if i hadnt already cut holes in the rear panels for my 4s :D
  • StockStock Wagonist
    What size speakers do they house? Any shots from behind the car with and without the hatch open?

Looks good, nice writeup too! 8)
  • yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I JUST spotted a Rodeo last time I was leaving the junk yard and saw a pair of these and about diarrhea'd in my pantalones. I saw this post a few days ago and I knew those were the ones!.

I think will be going back for these. I would MUCH rather have them up there than int he factory location. Thanks for sharing dude, nice video!!!!!!
    I believe there 3x4.5 or so. but any speaker provider will have the right sizzle.

PIcs:

102_3853.jpg

102_3854.jpg

102_3855.jpg

102_3856.jpg

102_3857.jpg

and a pic of the pillar plastic and how close it is to the pod. perfectly fine fitment, but yeah you just have to clip in the pillar plastics beofre you put on the pod.
    hey another origonian LoL. Did the majority of the wagons end up here or something? Or are we all just hippy's and want to run them till they fall apart? Whats with the 2 by 4? Dampeners take a poo on you? What is the weight of the pods? How well do they pump out bass? I saw a new shift knob, air fresheners and a bungie cord hooked to where you rear seats latch. Did I get them all? :lol: We need to get your headliner recovered. Im surprised you didnt do it when it was out.
  • Sweet mod!!! Your going to the Meet this Sat right?
  • hats off to you.

i love people do to their wagon. keep it up mang.

wagon .............................4ever..................
  • bam-bambam-bam Council Member
    Very Nice! I think I would prefer this to the OE pods for functionality, they're always in my way. Sort of like NJ1's pods without all the custom upholstery work.

two thumbs up.
    Thanks guys. I'm looking to score some sweet suspension for the 4wd and I need front seats for the 88-2wd.
    You got all the items skinny!

And the HT meet? Yeah I'm going. just not sure what car/s I'll be taking. I might just take both the wagons. I'm supposed to be buying wheels for the tl there.

Local guys, hit me up and we'll get together and puff and spitball about cool shit to do to our cars.
    oh and as for the headliner, with the 4wd, I'm more about functionality. I beat this thing up on a daily basis so as you can see from my headliner, anything nice would just get ruined. Have had nice wagons tho...
  • SWEET your gonna make it!!! Do you have a blue wagon for sale on Craigslist?
    YEah, trying to sell it. I'll take any offer really. Just need to sell it and buy another project.
  • You gonna bring it to the meet? May be good advertisement
    $100 cash 8)
    sold the wagon, missed the meet.
  • We noticed mang, what happened?
    ended up selling the wagon and wait around fo buyer.
    should have sold it there! that way we would have had 8 instead of 7
  • da9broda9bro Wagonist
    hey O.P. can you re host the pics?
  • JDMWago666JDMWago666 Senior Wagonist
    This thread is well over 2 years old. I don't even think that the OP is still an active member.
  • da9broda9bro Wagonist
    its worth a shot.
  • crazy idea but i hope it works id like to check them out to.
  • I know this is a old thread but... Does anyone have a pic of these installed?
  • SiWagonSiWagon Council Member
    There's a pair on Ebay w/pics for $90 shp.Enter Isuzu speaker pod in the search.
  • SiWagonSiWagon Council Member
    :oops: Sorry it'was under Isuzu speaker.Please dig a little harder.it was in that list on your link.