Ionic_Scream's 85 Honda Civic Wagon

Allright I Would Upload a whole lot of pictures to this page but to save you all some loading time here is a link to my cardomain webpage with my 5-speed '85 Honda Civic Wagon.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2188928
civicgif8er.gif
pagey8yv.jpg

Comments

• Check out page 2 for my brand new Clear Front Turn Signals
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2188928/2
    box4uo.jpg
  • Take a look at page 4 to see my new system

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2188928/4

clectivv8tf.jpg
  • akiraboyakiraboy HondaCivicWagon.com Founder
    welcome to the board, your wagon is extremely clean. I hope we see all your upgrades here on the board. :D
  • do u have any idea where ur bro got those clear turning signals?
  • I found them myself on ebay a few days before Christmas and the auction only had a few hours left , so I told him about them and how hard it was to find them, and yea as it turned out he went and bought them for me, so they were pretty hard for me to find and it was awesome that he bought them for me. But I'd say just keep checking places like ebay and you might try checking out "makoto auto trends" they might have something.
    that is one clean wagon. You gotta post more pics here of that thing
  • Allright so lately i haven't even been able to drive my civic anywhere except to work at 5:30 in the morning due to a totally burnt out clutch. I got the car my grandparents and knew the clutch was pretty toasted from the start. but now It has become so bad i can't even get above 35. It kinda sucks that my grandma rode the clutch all the time. but ive got the parts on order and they should be here by monday ,March 6 . So Hopfully i can get this fixed and finally enjoy the full 95 hp on my wagon ! lol, O and once i get it fixed ill finally put the sub in and show you guys.
    damn 95 hp, thats six more than me :roll:
  • wagodizzlewagodizzle Council Member and EDM expert
    thats 25 more then me :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    That 35 less than me... :D

Why are we doing this again? lol
  • Well I got my car back yesterday and they told me that they replaced one of the transaxles because of a bad CV joint, and they said the clutch went in with out any problems at all which is allways good news. I still wish I could of done the repair myself, but i still dont have a engine lift, o well atleased it fixed, and i have to say IT's AMAZING , the car runs so smooth and my shifts feel great. some time soon ill get more pics and do the sub install.
    218892832full4ai.jpg
    o yea and there's my friend jumping his baja bug towards my car
  • Well it just goes to show you, when you rush and loose focus.....shit happens. Allright so we're all hanging out at my friends house and they're was so many cars I just parked in some neighbors driveway, no big deal , right? well not untill we all decide to leave in a super fast race away style as usual so i jump in my car, pop my stereo on ,and as usual have the music way to loud. So i throw it into reverse and dash out into the street so we can start the race to lunch. When all of the sudden i start to wonder...what is that steel thing on my window? i pull over and hang my head out the window only to be greated by the bad news that i broke off the antenna... when i was backing out of the drivway i went under a tree and it pulled it strait over backwards, i would of stoped, but because of the music i didnt hear it going. So now im pissed and i see that its only hanging on my a tiny metal thread and just rip it off and throw it inside. it sucks, but you know o well i don't listen to the radio anyway, and now i have an awesome stick to swing and peoples cars if they give wagons crap.
  • ionic_screamionic_scream Band Wagon
    allright i just got the sub install finished finally and i drove it last night and it was working fine but i got up for work this morning and NO BASS, the power light on for the sub and all the connections on the back of the sub are plugged in right, but still no bass. i havn't gotten to check behind the stereo yet cuz im at work right now, but im pretty sure the connections are fine. do you guys have any ideas about whats wrong???
  • wagodizzlewagodizzle Council Member and EDM expert
    about your antenna, i got my car without one..it was broken off, so i just JB welded one on from my portable radio/CD player....works nice... :lol:
  • duckie8310duckie8310 Senior Wagonist
    double-check to see if everything is connected. if that's not it....maybe the amp isnt tuned. you probably have the gain turned down. i'm pretty sure that's what is wrong because i have no amp, and im bumpin'

are you using an aftermarket head-unit or is the stock one?
    Yesterday i checked all the connections on the sub and on the beack on the head unit (btw i have a Kenwood Excelion KDC-X889 and a infinity basslink sub) all the connections were good except the auto off stwitch wire came out, so i fixed that, and they were all good. and the power light on the sub was on, so we know the sub was getting power. but still no bass. but it gets weirder sometimes out of nowhere BAm ILL HAVE BASS then the next time i start the car nothing....its weird, so right now im thinking maybe the head unit is not recconizing the sub. idk
    what about the connections on the amp?
    their all hooked up and getting power, btw the infinity basslink is a sub amp combo box u can check it out here, http://www.infinitysystems.com/caraudio ... SL&Cat=PSU
    but im duno whats wrong, maybe i just have a bad set of RCA cables?
    that might be it. since you said you get power sometimes....that might be your problem
  • it also may be a bad sub amp setup. you should try a nother amp and sub. if your RCAs are long you could try and see if they will reach to a frinds ICE. good luck
    mountwago10dc.jpg
    mountwago25mz.jpg
    Just some pics i took while driving home today
    lovin' the sunset. great pics. clean wagon!

yeah, since that sub of yours has a pre-amp with it, it might be something with that. did you buy it second hand?
    no i got the sub as a Christmas gift brand new, but the thing is my 2 brothers also got the same sub, and one of my brothers and the same CD Deck as me and no problems, so i don't know what to do about this sub problem....???
    you might want to call them and tell them the situation. you might be able to get a new one
    yea well my dad looked at it (and my dad is an electrical engineer for the Government) and he said all my conections and wires were good and we decided that there is a problem with the internal amp of the sub, so we'll check if its still under warenty, but if not we'll take it apart ourselves and fix it. im still bummed i have no bass in my wagon :(