Something to hold me over till i get the wagon.

wagodizzlewagodizzle Council Member and EDM expert
Hi guys, well, i went out and bought a 1989 HOnda Civic Hatchback for $300. :D it has 144,600 miles on it and a 4-speed stick. it is to hold me over till i get the wagon in my other board ( http://www.hondacivicwagon.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=16 ) anyway... i have to get a timing belt changed and a new CV joint. also the head gasket is a little leaky. but $300 for a rust-free car is not that bad!

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Comments

• hey what a good deal! it looks nice and clean..and for $300 bucks you can't beat that.
  • wagodizzlewagodizzle Council Member and EDM expert
    i have been saving that plate since i was 10 (i am currently 17) and so i put it on. both my parents are 100% european...so wutever. and yeah it was a super deal! i'll post an engine pic up soon.
  • duckie8310duckie8310 Senior Wagonist
    its good to know im not the only young person on this board....i'm 17 too. i have a '90 wagon by the way, ive yet to post pics up
  • akiraboyakiraboy HondaCivicWagon.com Founder
    damn thats a clean ass hatch
    thats awesome duckie8310, i was about to think i was the only teenager who likes civic wagons! anyway...yeah, it is a clean hatch for its price! i'll post up a picture of some mods i have in mind later today when i finish the pic.
    ok, here is another Photoshop rendering of a couple of proposed ideas i have/had in mind for this car:

8.jpg

i'll try to list a few mods here:
    Kosei K1 Racing wheels
    Yokohama Parada Spec-2 205/40-16 tires
    '89 Integra front lip
    clear corners
    ViS Racing carbon fiber hood
    Eibach lowing springs
    some type of exhaust system as well, i don't know of one right now though...
    (and if i find the time and money) B16A DOHC V-tec and 5-speed tranny swap w/ possible turbo kit...yea yea yea. wishful thinking.

or i might go with SSR Competition wheels:

9.jpg

anyway, these are just a few ideas.
  • so i guess this would make me the third person on the board that is 17
    thats awesome...we should all meet sometime!
    ok...here is the car with some fog lights.

10.jpg
  • im only 20 and i got two wagons thats gotta count for somethin hahaha
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    21 and two wagons, here... ;)
  • sanjiyan69sanjiyan69 New Wagonist
    wanna sell me the hatch when you get the wagon? for 300 bucks I can find myself a rust bucket here in MI.

Wayne
    oh holy crap, this guy is a the merlin of photo-chop :lol:
    I offerred to setup a photoshop area, cuz I wouldn't mind havin someone photoshop mine :roll:
    update: i put in my first mod, SWAY BARS that i bought from Zero. also in the works is an Eibach Sportline lowering springs kit also from Zero.....ok, peace. just felt like saying something!!

:D
    no joke dude, i tried to photoshop some dollar bills by scanning them into the computer, and it wouldn't let me!!! it DENIED me...damn computer, its too smart. :twisted:

yeah, anyway..............
    ok, i installed my lowering sprins a couple dys ago...yeaterday, actually. anyway, i got a "homemade" rear camber kit from washers, i used two washers. is that too much? anyway, just need a front one now. also on is a "new" 1991 Si steering wheel and an exhaust tip. my car is slowly lookin better. now i need those Kosei K1 rims i dream about. :D and of course an engine sawp of sorts.

the lowering job.
    89.jpg

90.jpg

i sometimes scrape the tires in the wheel wells...not good.

91.jpg

very close to the ground.....

92.jpg

93.jpg

94.jpg

and my new steering wheel. it feels very nice.

95.jpg
  • duckie8310duckie8310 Senior Wagonist
    did you use the stock struts? how low of a drop is it?

nice exhaust tip by the way!
  • ThatDoodleThatDoodle Council Member
    looking good. great buy.
    yeah, i used the stock shocks (i am little cheap right now) and it is lowered about 1.75 in the front (i think) and 1.5 in the back. i used Eibach Sportline springs. the exhaust tipis from Advance Auto Parts. $9.68.... :lol:

thanks for the comments!!
    O DUDES SOMEONE FUCKED UP MY CAR GOOD!!!

damn it, wut the hell am i going to do with this..... damn.....long story short this dude pulled out in front of me and ran into me. it was his fault.... i guess wagon is closer then i think??? eh? or i was thinking about getting a BMW... :shock:

34.jpg
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    Its time to wagonize! 8)
    here is another pic....took today. blah....i checked out the damage and it didn't seem to mess up the frame (THANK GOD) but the steering is messed up and so is the trailing arm or wutever thats called....when the Silverado rammed it :x o well........

35.jpg
    i "tore" it apart today....just to see if the frame got bent....and the good news is no :twisted: so, i am going to be taking a trip to the junkyard soon here....need a door, hood, fender, bumper filler, and a couple small bumper support pieces, as well as a strut brace/trailing arm or wutever those are called.
    (you can see the Eibachs in there :lol: ) damn...these pics are huge. blah.
    56.jpg

57.jpg

58.jpg
    i called this guy about this wagon for sale, but he never called back yet :x so i am going to try again today....anyway, peace. 8)
    dam the luck, you can fix it maing