headlight bulbs THE BRIGHTS/ and tail light number

what is the bulb that is for the brights. what size, im not sure if its the same as the normal headlights and what is the bulb number for the rear running lights and brake lights ????

Comments

• duckie8310duckie8310 Senior Wagonist
    9005 are the higbeams.

not sure on the other ones. im sure your owner's manual will have them.
  • wagovan manwagovan man Band Wagon
    thanks man i was thinking that but when i looked them up it looked funny idk by anychane to u know the tail light bulb number????
  • davensdavens familEE
    Before you replace any low beams, read this:
    http://www.gutterslide.com/fourthgenhat ... /9005.html
    ...I did it to my rex and it is the best lighting mod you can do short of a full, proper HID conversion.

Here's a list I found...can't vouch for accuracy:
    Low beam headlamp 9006
    High beam headlamp 9005
    Parking light 1157
    Front turn signal 1156
    Rear turn signal 1156
    Tail light 2057
    Stop light 2057
    High mount stop light 921
    License plate 67
    Back up light 1156
    Front sidemarker 194
    Rear sidemarker 168
    Dome light DE3022
    Step/Courtesy light 194
    Trunk/Cargo area DE3423
    Instrument-general 194/74
    Hi-beam indicator 74
    Seat belt indicator 74
    Brake warning 74
    Directional signal indicator 74
  • wagovan manwagovan man Band Wagon
    thanks alot man for all the info.... gives me the idea i wanna do that but i was thinkin of doing is..... putting yellow bulbs in for my high beams and stock for my lowbeams. that way the high beams act as foglights pretty much since they will be yellow. kinda like jdm integra headlights ya know??? but i will keep all this in mind thanks alot man u guys are good wagon information :)
  • duckie8310duckie8310 Senior Wagonist
    i remember that! man i read that a long time ago. i was thinking of doing that, but i was too afraid i'd waste too many bulbs and end up not being worth the money to do the project.

i asked my friend to get me some PIAA Extreme Forces from overseas. i think they run somewhere around 4800K compared to the normal 3200K of the halogen bulbs. any comments on PIAA? as i move off to college, the town im going to gets really dark at night, so i wanted to upgrade to some brighter lights. as of now, those are what im getting. anyone know anything brighter or better?

plus i wanted to get some fog lights, but just change the bulbs to some PIAA yellows for some added brightness. but i dont wan to pay $200+ one the JDM ones, but i want to remain the stock look. any suggestions?
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    I'm all for seeing where your going but putting highbeam lights into your lowbeams is really gonna piss off oncoming traffic... :shock:

Or am i missing something?
  • davensdavens familEE
    The bulbs aren't the only thing that make your high beams so easy to see. Its mostly the shape and angle of the lens housing. The high beam housing points up and out, the low beams cut off at a certain height.
    Many rexers have done this and pissing people off with glare is not an issue.
    It might be different for you Kiwis.
    The high/low bulbs are within 5 watts of each other anyway.
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    Fair enough, thought it would have something to do with the housing. Cheers.

By the way, i'm not a flightless bird. :P :D :lol:
  • wagodizzlewagodizzle Council Member and EDM expert
    Pacifier wrote:
    I'm all for seeing where your going but putting highbeam lights into your lowbeams is really gonna piss off oncoming traffic... :shock:

Or am i missing something?

i was thinking about that too, but now days people in those Acura TL's and BMW's with xenons are pretty darn bright, so i guess it is only fair to shine right back into their faces, eh? ha ha. :D i am going to try this conversion, maybe today or tomorrow.....peace. 8)

• i was thinking about that too, but now days people in those Acura TL's and BMW's with xenons are pretty darn bright, so i guess it is only fair to shine right back into their faces, eh? ha ha. :D i am going to try this conversion, maybe today or tomorrow.....peace. 8)

:shock:
  • wagodizzlewagodizzle Council Member and EDM expert
    ok, did the mod. gonna check it out tonight. :D :D :D