My cupholder mod

Comments

• vtecn8ivevtecn8ive Senior Wagonist
    got it. Nice little steal for $3.02
  • 303WIN303WIN Band Wagon
    I got robbed, just paid $3.16 for mine, lol. Thanks for the write-up!
  • vtecn8ivevtecn8ive Senior Wagonist
    Finally got it installed, haven't really used it since I installed it, but fits pretty nice.

My concerns with it (for people that want to do this)

The e-brake has about half an inch of room (not that it really matters) when it's completely down.
    When I pull the seat up it does rub on the cupholder.
    When I use the ash tray it rubs on the cup holder.

This summer I may tweak it a bit to fit my needs, after all it is a cheap mod that I can replace if needed!

Thanks again!
  • Funny I was thinking the same thing. I personally would be a little concerned about it rubbing on the seats and jacking them up.. (I'm a shorty..) Naturally, I would be concerned about the seat being able to move closer to drive- I guess if that wasn't an issue, then yeah- this is a great mod. Maybe there are others with the same concept but not so wide out there? Just thinking out loud.. :)
  • leWolfleWolf Senior Wagonist
    Genius!
  • NengchangNengchang New Wagonist
    Bad ass good idea.
  • nice i was wonering what people do to get cupholders in a wagon or a da i think im gonna do this soo since i always have cups in my car. and spill my drinks.
  • QCnukQCnuk Wagonist
    wagodizzle wrote:
    this is my bottle holder.
    I've so far had no accidents doing that with a paper cup of coffee :lol:
  • unlimited02unlimited02 Senior Wagonist
    i found a better and cooler idea for cup holders... we all know 88-89 wagons can use the full dc2 center console with arm rest correct.. but the 90-91 can use the center console but can use the the arm rest, but looks funny and ugly... so while looking through some other forums i came acroos a jdm gsr arm rest delete... and what it is, it looks like the ef ebake part but it connects to the center console and makes it look clean... nice huh... i put a bid on ebay so if i win i'll post pictures later... cheers...
  • C-ratZC-ratZ New Wagonist
    i found a better and cooler idea for cup holders... we all know 88-89 wagons can use the full dc2 center console with arm rest correct.. but the 90-91 can use the center console but can use the the arm rest, but looks funny and ugly... so while looking through some other forums i came acroos a jdm gsr arm rest delete... and what it is, it looks like the ef ebake part but it connects to the center console and makes it look clean... nice huh... i put a bid on ebay so if i win i'll post pictures later... cheers...

pics?
  • AlphaxomegaAlphaxomega Senior Wagonist
    yeah i want to see pics :D
  • civicpwr1civicpwr1 New Wagonist
    is this what you are talking about?
    civicpwr1 wrote:
    is this what you are talking about?

yep thats what i'm talking about... but the center console looks funny b/c its missing some stuff above the cup holder...
    did you get it on ebay? 25 bucks?
    yes sir hahaha... stalker j/k :)
    ha ha. i had to go and check it out. i never tell anyone what i'm bidding on though. too many people will go and outbid you last sec.
    post some pics when you get it.
    civicpwr1 wrote:
    ha ha. i had to go and check it out. i never tell anyone what i'm bidding on though. too many people will go and outbid you last sec.
    post some pics when you get it.

LoL yea i feel ya... i already won that item.. and if i didn't i found some other sites that do sell it also hahaha and yea i just wanted to let ppl know that it was possible...
  • RUBZERKRUBZERK Band Wagon
    :lol:
  • i had to learn the hard way how to make my own :wink: lol so i made about four different ones but the only thing was that i only took pictures of three of them, the other thing was that i didnt want the some sh!t looking cup holders that a lot of people have, so a year later i have i think one of the best cup holders out there

my first try, turned out super ugly :lol: rare 90 hatchback console (not the same as the wagon console)
    28.jpg
    29.jpg
    30.jpg

my third try, better but not the great :(
    31.jpg

fourth try, nice! (this is in my 90 hatchback) very very diffrent from the wagon console but you get the idea 8) :D

32.jpg
    33.jpg
    34.jpg
    "sorry no pictures" ok i got my jdm gsr armrest delete...and install with the center sole... looks great... BUT here's the problem... there's a inch gap from the top of the center to the bottom or the center piece... i tried make look flesh BUT again now the gap is towards the carpet and u can see the metal underneath the center console... if u dont mind the inch gap on top it's koo... still haven't figure out how to cover it nicely... well good luck folks...
  • 88loganm88loganm Band Wagon
    218.jpg
    Lol... same one I used for years.[/quote]

CLASSIC
  • rezistk20rezistk20 New Wagonist
    sik modd
  • Ben06Ben06 Wagonist
    Mine...Soon to be re-built and Re-designed for the back seat going to go with the wood grain look on the inside of the car so its going to be nicely sanded and cleared and built with Cherry oak, and I will be building a custom arm rest out of the same gonna be SWEET...
  • BillBoardBillBoard council member
    all business
    700.jpg
  • Ben06Ben06 Wagonist
    Billboard we actually did the same mounting as yours except we drilled like 3" holes for these cup-holder drop in's for gm trucks into the dash and put some insulation under them and it works and looks like its oem
  • I actually just removed the walmart cup holder out of my wagon.lol. Was in there when I got it, but I wanted my interior too look factory. Anyone want it? I think its in the garage still. lol
  • dc2 cupholders go right into our dashes
  • wagon<3 wrote:
    dc2 cupholders go right into our dashes
    Anybody have a pic of this?
  • wagon<3 wrote:
    This post is useless without pictures. :lol:
  • judebert wrote:
    wagon<3 wrote:
    This post is useless without pictures. :lol:

I think this is what your talking about?
    I think this looks hella shity but whatever

362.jpg
    363.jpg

Theres nothing better then the stock oem parts! :D :D

364.jpg