Radiator fan problems

Soooo my radiator fan was not turning on and I have checked the fuses, relay, and thermostat switch. When I jump the plug that goes to the switch my fans do not turn on as I have heard they are supposed to. I put a ground to the relay and the fans turn on when I do that so I know that the fans and relay are functional. I even cut off the plug that goes into the 2 pin connector on the head and wired those directly to each other to see if that would turn on the fans but still nothing. So I suspect that the wires going to the 2 pin plug are screwed up. Has anyone had similar problems? Like I said I know the relay is fine and have even checked it with a few other relays I have from the junkyard. I also know that the fans are fine. Why would my plug going to head for the thermostat switch not be working even when jumped? Thank for any help in advance.

P.S I have a toggle switch currently set up to the relay so I can still drive the car but I'm one of those dudes that likes things to work as they should. Thanks again your guy's help is very appreciated! -Jack the wagoman

Comments

• SiWagonSiWagon Council Member
    Wagoman209 wrote: »
    Sooo I even cut off the plug that goes into the 2 pin connector on the head and wired those directly to each other to see if that would turn on the fans but still nothing. So I suspect that the wires going to the 2 pin plug are screwed up.

There's your answer.Jump a wire from ground or -neg.battery post to the stripped wire that you cut off and see if fan powers up.If u jump to the black wire nothing should happen since it's ground anyway.

or run a volt meter from pos battery to black .If no 12 volt black ground wire is not connecting to ground.