PICS! #SWAGWGN Hella-Ratchet Bagged, Boosted, ghetto, Lean Burn, 3-stage Vtec GT25 !!

I know I know, it's a long title... but there's a lot going on with this brown bagged turd! Where do I start, I guess when I pick this thing up in a couple years ago. It was my first experience with these four-wheel-drive wagons. I have been inspired by some posts on Instagram, as well as the YouTube sensational VIP performance build. I honestly have been into (Hondas) since I was 18 (20+ years ago.. yes I'm getting old) and didn't even know that they made a four-wheel-drive wagon in the EF chassis. So finding this out was like finding gold in your dead grandfather's attic. Something that's been there forever, but you just now discovered it and Life is about to change forever. Definitely fell in love with these things. I was more of an EG/DC kind of guy before. Mostly because I'm not a fan of OBD0, but this can obviously be overcome pretty easily. To say the least I fell in love with these things. I purchased six or seven within the next two years. I am currently sitting on three of them. Does anyone have the phone number for wagons anonymous? I need help! Serious help… Anyway. I'm in deep now, there is no going back. So let's start when I purchased my first wagon for $1200. It had almost 250k on the clock, was completely stock, and Leaked A LOT of oil. Wow did this thing lose oil.

259.jpg

Gave it a Nice cleaning :) and picked up a red wagon that I was looking at. made them an offer on it before I bought the brown one.. 2 days later they called me back so I went and grabbed it as well! It got sold a few months later tho... wasn't feeling the SOHC ZC and No AC.

48.jpg

46.jpg

52.jpg
Cut out some rust but ended up finding a new hatch..

106.jpg

Yeah, there she is, in all her stock Rusty glory. Out of all the wagons are going to, this one had some special connection. Which is unfortunate because it was also the worst condition wagon out of any of that I have purchased. But, in time he coumes along way. Still haven't done anything major with the body… I just dig the fact that it's all that really shows it. I replace the rear hatch, and hood.. Now let's get into the good stuff!!

So, I had plans for it and wasn't sure how it was going to, but YOLO so I went for it. I had previously built a 3-stage VTEC SOHC 1.6 motor for boost that I put in a DC2 sedan GSR Integra.. I know. I have issues... ok. I decided to build something similar. I didn't want to put that particular D16 in there, because I didn't believe that the drivetrain could handle it. For those of you who don't know anything about 3-stage vtec motors (VTi lean burn) check out this thread… Hold onto your panties because you might be blown away by what you are about to read...

http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/1994-honda-civic-d15-3-stage-vtec-turbo-11881.html

This is the thread that inspired my original bill. I was getting about 38 miles per gallon in that heavy four-door sedan Integra. And it was fun when the boost came on as well! I will pull that motor from the Integra and sold the shell. It was way too heavy for that single cam anyway. Here is a pic of my SOHC Integra.. Yes, I kept the AC VIA some custom AC lines. 230 HP 11 PSI and all the lean burn you could ever dream of. Also had a trans geared for it. EX 1,2,3 and DX 4,5 if I remember correctly.

138.jpg

44.jpg

40.jpg

Still have that motor.. I have some Swago plans for it. Don't you worry!

Sold the integra shell and also my baby.... THE EVO (Tear)

132.jpg

133.jpg

134.jpg

BUT!! As a part trade, I took on a 3rd Wagon (at this point in time..) More wagons to come

I present to you.. Ol'Blue!

135.jpg

136.jpg

My brother also picked up a 4WD... But he went for a different flavor! Put some Stock civic steel wheels so I could begin the teardown of the wagon wheels. Planned to make them 15X8. These had great tires on them too so that was cool.

117.jpg

Any-who, Back to the motor build that was in the works. I had something very special planned! I wanted to utilize the 1.5 for the extra torque, as well as high compression to school at the turbo quickly and get me into lean burn efficiently. Here is how that was accomplished.

The motor consisted of:
D16Z6 rods.. yes, the D15b accepts the D16 rods. The main journals are small, but the rod journals are the same as the 1.6

3.png

126.jpg

127.jpg

I also tracked down 4 of the last 5 remaining jdm cng d series pistons (PMS) 11:1 CR +/-

128.jpg

JDM 3-stage vtec head

129.jpg

Hush Performance Half shaft bracket mounted up!

130.jpg

Got a custom exhaust made for it as well!

131.jpg

So I got that motor put in. Used an old s2000 heat shield to cover up that setup.. SLEEEEEPPPPPPER!

118.jpg

+_+_+_+_+_+_+ YouTube video of the progress +_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

https://youtu.be/Pf8dGcMBaqI

ended up getting it tuned just before I had to leave for work for the summer to Texas. Sadly, when I built the motor I forgot to take out the oil restrictor in the block. It would not Engauge VTEC at all. I was stuck in 12 valve mode. I decided against all reason to drive it out to Texas anyway as is. Yeah I know… anyway, it ended up breaking down (it was getting hot) in Albuquerque. Luckily I had family that lived there and they let me park it at their house. I ended up jumping in with the guy that I was caravaning with and left it there for the summer. Sad story. My family was nice enough to tow the car back from Albuquerque to Utah when they had a family reunion. I rented them a trailer and they brought it back. Best news ever!

105.jpg

got back from the summer and got to work. Pulled the head off and removed that restrictor. Also put some HX wheels on it before i left. I'm planning on doing the widened steelies w/ the OEM wheels.

119.jpg

THE CULPRIT
120.jpg

Put the motor back together and it CAME ALIVE. I haven't taken it in for a refill but it has to be making somewhere close to 190 HP. It pulls nicely!!! I was Still having issues with overheating and lots of blue smoke… I tried to figure out what was making it burn oil and overheat. I ended up mistakenly ruling it as bad piston rings and tune issues. Super sad because I bought a crate JDM D15b and went to all the effort of pulling the old motor out and swapping the new motor in only to have the same issues. It ended up being the turbo seals going out… FML what a waste of time haha. Oh well, live and learn right? So now the car has a low mileage JDM D15B (all stock). I have that other motor just chilling waiting for a project to put it in

121.jpg

122.jpg

123.jpg

Up and running again. Also added an oil cooler and hooked up the water lines to the turbo.

124.jpg

After figuring out even with all the hassle that the only issue was THE ****ING TURBO. I simply stopped decelerating in gear and what are you know! no more smoke ha ha. Still need to do the turbo seals but it's a GT Turbo so it's not going to be fun. I'm probably going to get a new cartridge for it or send it to Turbo Labs America.

Welded some ghetto brackets for these S2K seats. They are so comfy and sit much lower!

113.jpg

114.jpg

Also put in a wheel and some new cup holders!

115.jpg

125.jpg
Routing for the the ghetto intercooler and the little battery!

116.jpg

Picked up some a steel wheels as a part of my wheel project.

15.jpeg

I ordered all new suspension parts. Picked up a budget air canister setup from a guy here in Utah locally who had his EF SLAMMED on them. It was a cool setup but a few months later a killer fea popped up on a full K-Sport kit that was previously on an a wagon an hour north of me and I had to scoop it! K-sport... shame on you for getting into the game before you knew what you were doing. Remind me to explain why I hate the way K sport designed the early air ride kits. It's terrible. Anyway, ordered LCA's, camber kits (front and rear) as well as trailing arm adjustable links.

107.jpg

budget bags people! These are for sale ($1k) for the full kit picked up FYI.

108.jpg

Started setting it all up… i've never installed bags before so this was new.

109.jpg

I had luckly just started setting it all up and the k sport suspension went up for sale. Picked it up and switch gears. Got it done in about two days. It was pretty straightforward.

111.jpg

Picked up some wheels 16x9 +0 ESM's (bbs mesh reps) and got her all done.

112.jpg

So the a lot of little things to do but at least it's boosted in bagged…

ALSO! I just picked up a 2012 Civic Wagon AKA Honda Fit Sport!

139.jpg

HIT ME ON IG @Ratchetwerksgarage

Comments

• FakeJDMEF8FakeJDMEF8 Senior Wagonist
    wish all of the pics worked!
  • Eg6(s)Eg6(s) Band Wagon
    FakeJDMEF8 wrote: »
    wish all of the pics worked!

I figured out how to fix the pics. It's just going to take me a good 30 to 45 minutes. So I will update this tonight
  • So... As an Outro, Meet The Car Family:

Molly, Becky, Dirty Diana, Miley Cyrus

140.jpg

The PIG

141.jpg

Mr. Tran

137.jpg

"The Red Wagon" for lack of a better name... This one is the cleanest I've ever seen! SOOO MINT. WOW. Inside and out. Had a hole in the block. Im swapping blocks w/ Ol'Blue who is a mess right now.

142.jpg

143.jpg

Ol'Blue Making its way back home from NV to UT.

4.png

The Old Van.. No clue where this is going. likely just up for sale.

1.jpeg

The mini-truck Project... One day when I actually get one of my other projects done.. Really wanna thow in a 4BT and bag it.. we will see

144.jpg

My Lady in black:

145.jpg

Chuckard Chuckus

146.jpg

The Thotty Dauty

147.jpg

148.jpg

8/10 ALL HONDAS but 2... And I'm planning on putting a S2K motor in the Datusn.. Not feeling the SR. SOLD it.

more to come for sure!
  • Working on the blue wagon... putting coilovers on it, apexi controller, 11.2:1 high compression D15B 3stage Vtec motor, and a few other goodies. Stoked to bring it back to life. :)
  • mistahjoemistahjoe New Wagonist
    That Datsun. SICK!
  • Thanks man. I love it.