The drunken purchase.

Newish to the forum. Been lurking around looking at different posts for over a year now.
It was about November of 2013. I worked as a full time night club DJ. I've always been a Honda guy, I had at the time 2 95 civics. one ex coupe (still have, its my baby) and a 95 lx sedan (ex g/f destroyed the transmission).

I was working in a real sketchy bar in the downtown area. My coupe kept getting hit and runs on it while I would be working to 2am. A couple of times I had attempted theft on it. I had recently broke up with the girl who ruined the transmission in my 95 sedan. I somehow started dating my hair stylists, she also worked in bars at night as a bartender. So we started hanging out on monday nights when we were both off from work. We would go out bar hoping and get a bit drunk sometimes.

One particular monday night, I was drunk, at her house talking about how i needed to get a beater car to drive to the bars. I was searching for some first gen mr2's when she told me her room mate was selling his ugly honda as he just bought a new mazda. I always hated the wagons...but it was so damn ugly I got up from where I was sitting, ran to the basement and knocked on his door. He opened the door all groggy, I said I will give you 800 dollars for that wagon right now! he accepted. I paid the man and passed out in my hairstylists bed.

The next day I completely forgot I purchased this 2wd DX wagon. 3 months passed and I still had no idea I already purchased it. Headgasket blew on my coupe on the way to work. I once again talking to my hairstylists about my troubles over text, and she asked me why don't I just drive my wagon. I was like wtf are you talking about. Blew my mind that I bought a wagon when drunk. Picked that guy up and started driving him.

Fast forward 7 months. Fed up with the DJ scene I quit one night, and go back to my other profession, automotive. Landed a job at a Honda dealership in the service department. Fully Honda certified tech/dj with a ugly brown 2wd wagon. Just had finished rebuilding all the suspension and engine. Had been working at the dealer for approximately one month, when towed in is another 1989 wagon...this one rt4wd.

Oh just to catch everyone up, hairstylists girl when bat **** crazy, and I moved on from her.

Customer on the rt4wd wagon blew the engine. It was donated to be crushed by the air clean act. I immediately went to talk to management, as over the year I had fallen in love with my ugly wagon. Since it was donated, they needed a new donation car to replace it if I wanted it. I traded my 95 sedan for the 89 wagon. 95 civic with bad transmission for a 89 rt4wd with bad engine. traded straight across.

I had an extra engine I dropped into the rt4wd. Got it running and then i let it sit for another year.
When i finally had time again these past few months, I got back to work.
I finished getting the engine running right, replaced the injectors, fuel pump, catalytic converter, o2 sensor, upper ball joints and control arms, tie rod ends, new brakes, lower ball joints, all new poly urethane lower and upper ball joint boots, steering rack, slapped on some window tint( used to work as a window tinter as well.)

I'm about to start the rebuild on the original engine that came with the car along with body work.

Down below is the my 2 wagons together. the brown one is the fixed up 2wd right before I got started on body work. The blue one is the night I got all my paper work done and waiting for the tow truck .
64.jpg

Here is the rt as it is at the moment

65.jpg

and the 95 ex coupe

66.jpg