0bd0 to 0bd1 b20 wagon

Alright so this is my first time posting on here, but I have an 88 civic wagon with a b20 swap, I drive it just about everyday, but I want to convert it to 0bd1 from 0bd0. Do I just need the jumper harness and dizzy harness? Or do I need a new dizzy and ecu?
And do I need the 4 wire 02 sensor?
I'm sure these are some easy questions for someone. Lol
Thanks for the help.

Comments

• PoozMcgueePoozMcguee New Wagonist
    Hiya, You'll need an OBD-1 Dizzy, + OBD1 ECU, Boomslang harness for both ECU & Dizzy (OBD-0>OBD-1) to complete the conversion.
    Most likley the 02 sensor aswell but not 100% on that. (buy an old factory exhaust with one? cheaper)

Honda Street Garage are having a sale on B20 questions at the moment. They say start with an B18CR Base map etc and get it tuned from there. Just chip a P08 or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q05hHm1Ka0o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OoE1CdkZvs

Any questions, Keep 'em coming.
    Cheers.
  • PoozMcguee wrote: »
    Hiya, You'll need an OBD-1 Dizzy, + OBD1 ECU, Boomslang harness for both ECU & Dizzy (OBD-0>OBD-1) to complete the conversion.
    Most likley the 02 sensor aswell but not 100% on that. (buy an old factory exhaust with one? cheaper)

Honda Street Garage are having a sale on B20 questions at the moment. They say start with an B18CR Base map etc and get it tuned from there. Just chip a P08 or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q05hHm1Ka0o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OoE1CdkZvs

Any questions, Keep 'em coming.
    Cheers.

Hey thankyou!
    Alright so I was digging threw some old parts of mine, I found a p28 ecu, I know that will work for what I'm doing. So check that off the list lol. And I found a brand new b16 dizzy that I bought awhile ago for a swap that i ended up selling, will it work? It was for the jdm b16a. And if it doesn't work, what kind of dizzy should I buy?

And the 4 wire heated o2 sensor is actually only 14.00 bucks so I don't mind ordering one if need be.

Thanks again for the help.
  • Also the b20 I'm converting to obd1 is non vtec
  • Thanks poozmcguee
  • bam-bambam-bam Council Member
    You need an OBD1 non-vrec distributor. 92-95 Integra LS
  • bam-bam wrote: »

So my b16 one won't work? I've been reading that all the dizzys are the same, just different wiring and mounting. Thanks for the help
  • bam-bam wrote: »

And do you know anything about this 4 wire o2 sensor? I found the sensor, but I don't think it plugs into the existing plug that runs to the ecu
  • the b16 distributor has a different bolt pattern than the b20 head. i know you can modify the non vtec distributor to bolt to vtec head, but not sure about the other way around( i dont see why not). when i converted my old civic to 0bd1 i repinned the plug for the distributor. so i didnt need an adapter harness. i just cant remember if i made the distributor side have an obd0 plug to match the original harness or the harness side have a obd1 plug to match the new distributor. the ecu adapter harness i used(i believe from rywire or xenocron) included the wires for the 4 wire 02 sensor.but this was about 10 years ago, so its kinda hard to remember.
  • PoozMcgueePoozMcguee New Wagonist
    Oh yeah, Sorry mate, i just assumed B20 meant B20vtec.
    So you'll want the normal B20 dizzy OBD-1, a normal B20 OBD-1 ECU and the 02 sensor to match the ecu (2 wire / 4 wire unless u chip it to ignore 02 heater.)
    The adapter boomslang for the OBD0->1 at ecu will have a little branch of extra wires like the other 02 wires and vtec etc pig tailed to the side so you can plug the OBD-1 bits that aren't in your factory harness.
    The B16a dizzy mount arm is a little different to clear the vtec solenoid, you can use B20 non-vtec dizzys on vtec head if you cut a mounting arm off so if it fits it should work?? (not 100%) cheaper to buy a B20 one than damage a nice B16 dizzy.
    the extra 2 wire just has a ceramic heater that preheats the 02 sensor.
  • PoozMcguee wrote: »
    Oh yeah, Sorry mate, i just assumed B20 meant B20vtec.
    So you'll want the normal B20 dizzy OBD-1, a normal B20 OBD-1 ECU and the 02 sensor to match the ecu (2 wire / 4 wire unless u chip it to ignore 02 heater.)
    The adapter boomslang for the OBD0->1 at ecu will have a little branch of extra wires like the other 02 wires and vtec etc pig tailed to the side so you can plug the OBD-1 bits that aren't in your factory harness.
    The B16a dizzy mount arm is a little different to clear the vtec solenoid, you can use B20 non-vtec dizzys on vtec head if you cut a mounting arm off so if it fits it should work?? (not 100%) cheaper to buy a B20 one than damage a nice B16 dizzy.
    the extra 2 wire just has a ceramic heater that preheats the 02 sensor.

Im looking at a 92-95 integra obd1, non vtec 1.8 dizzy, I believe that's what I'm going to go with. Unless I use the b16 dizzy, my b20 isn't vtec so there's no vtec solenoid in the way.

And again thanks for the help guys!
  • civtec350 wrote: »
    the b16 distributor has a different bolt pattern than the b20 head. i know you can modify the non vtec distributor to bolt to vtec head, but not sure about the other way around( i dont see why not). when i converted my old civic to 0bd1 i repinned the plug for the distributor. so i didnt need an adapter harness. i just cant remember if i made the distributor side have an obd0 plug to match the original harness or the harness side have a obd1 plug to match the new distributor. the ecu adapter harness i used(i believe from rywire or xenocron) included the wires for the 4 wire 02 sensor.but this was about 10 years ago, so its kinda hard to remember.

Okay, thanks. I found an obd1 non vtec 1.8 dizzy that I think I'm going to use. And I figured out the 4 wire o2 sensor wiring on rywire.com so I'm good on that.
    But thankyou for the help!
  • Wire Color Item Function:
    Blue - P02SHTC - 02 Sensor Heater Control (02BLK Wire)
    White - PH02S - 02 Sensor Signal (02 WHT Wire)
    Violet - VTS - VTEC Solenoid Signal
    Gray - VTM - VTEC Pressure Switch Signal
    Green - IAB - Intake Air Bypass Signal
    Orange – KS - Knock Sensor Signal
    Red or Pink (2) - IGP Power (IAB, 02, BLK Wire)
    Black or Brown - (3) -PG Ground - (SCS, VRM, 02 GRN Wire)
    Yellow – SCS - Service Check Signal

I found these directions for the 4 wire o2 sensor, its for a cheaper ebay obd0 to obd1 jumper harness, but I dont understand this part

Red or Pink (2) - IGP Power (IAB, 02, BLK Wire)
    Black or Brown - (3) -PG Ground - (SCS, VRM, 02 GRN Wire)

Is it telling me that I can hook up EITHER red or the pink to the black wire? And I can hook up either black or brown to the green?

If anyone has any idea please let me know so I can save 80 bucks and not buy the rywire harness lol.

Once again. Thanks!