Meet Smurfette

Hello,

Yesterday, I purchased a blue 1990 Honda Civic Wagon RT4WD Automatic. My gf named her Smurfette. She has 163XXX miles on her. I am pretty excited as I have wanted one of these things for a very long time.

This thread will be dedicated to whatever work I do to her in the future.

32.jpg
33.jpg
34.jpg
35.jpg

Comments

• hrtbrk1hrtbrk1 Band Wagon
    I plan on purchasing these and installing them this weekend. I will do the Timing belt and water pump at the end of the month.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400353605242

http://www.ebay.com/itm/370763130677
  • That's pretty darn clean. Mind me asking what you paid? Lets see the engine bay.
    I paid 800 for her.

Pics of engine bay soon to come :). She has an oil leak somewhere, or so it seems. I haven't had a chance to powerwash the engine bay yet but Hopefully will be able to get to that on Tuesday.

She does have some rust spots, and the driver door has a dent. But it's all character :)
  • djgastoneddjgastoned Band Wagon
    Definitely remember to cover the distributor when you wash that engine bay!! These are very old cars, and if that distributor seal is bad, like mine was, you will fry it very quickly ;)
    Thanks for the heads up! Definitely wouldn't have done that!
    Engine Pics

64.jpg
    65.jpg
    This is off a 93 Civic.

Will this fit without mods?

66.jpg
  • Totally different. You're driving an EF not an EG. Do a search for compatible parts and cross vehicle/generation fitment. I know there are a few posts that have a pretty comprehensive list of what fits and doesn't.

I have a neuspeed strut tower brace myself, but can't find a picture of my own engine bay at the moment. Here's one I found online though so you can see just how vastly different the mount pattern is.
    Thanks Green Tea, I looked for some compatibility posts but search wasnt being good to me. If anyone needs a cheap strut bar, let me know :)
  • jb2wheelsjb2wheels Wagonist
    Oh that car's nice and a good deal too I think!
  • ZombieMikeZombieMike New Wagonist
    I agree ^. DAMN good deal....and Pretty damn clean too. A great start, man!
    thanks guys! i appreciate it.

There was another one that popped up with a bad engine for $900. I feel like i really did get a good deal on this one.
  • ZombieMikeZombieMike New Wagonist
    hrtbrk1 wrote: »
    thanks guys! i appreciate it.

There was another one that popped up with a bad engine for $900. I feel like i really did get a good deal on this one.

no doubt, you did...Congrats again, lookin forward to more pics!