Greetings from England 1992 Civic Shuttle 1.4 litre GL Automatic FWD

Hi,

I found this site when trying to find out how water could appear in the spare wheel well when it had not been raining! I now know how the water is getting in via the rear light seals but how do you remove the lights to fix the problem?

It is a standard spec 1.4 litre 16 valve dual carburettor model with 4 speed automatic gearbox. My wife had the earlier version before this, a 1986 1.5 litre 12 valve Shuttle with 4 speed automatic gearbox and only changed it to get power steering because of her Arthritis. A sister - in law then used it for another 11 years. These Hondas certainly last a good time.

The car is actually my wife's and she bought it new in May 1992 and it has done only 46,000 miles. She has recently given up driving due to her Arthritis but we will not sell it. It is too useful so it is now mine to use. It comes in very handy for fetching and carrying bulky objects (and saves wear and tear on my Mercedes B Class). The wheels are German ATS made for Honda UK in 14'' size.

105.jpg

106.jpg

107.jpg

108.jpg

109.jpg

I look forward to many hours of reading the threads on this forum.

Comments

• andreas542andreas542 Band Wagon
    Welcome, that's a very tidy car! I can't help you with the question about the lights (I don't have my Shuttle yet...), but I hope you get some help from someone on here.
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    There are little portals in the rear interior that allow you to change the light bulb. Open these and you will see four bolts, one in each corner, holding the light in place. Simply undo these bolts to remove the tail light.