My 89 Blue RT

Well I have been on this board since 2009 - it is about time I post some pics of my ride and give you all a bit of my history. Long post and apologize in advance.... I have been crazy about civic wagons since the late 90's when I bought a low mileage brown 84 2WD auto. I don't have any pics, but her name was Nellie from a previous owner who bought her new. Loved that car (I get it Bill~!) I ended up damaging a piston while trying to decarbon the engine (don't ask). Long story short she ended up in the junk yard in 2003. I started looking for a clean and low mileage manual RT with A/C on and off in about 2005. I wanted a 89 because I hate the auto belts. In August of 2013 I found this one in PA on Ebay. It had everything but the manual. I flew up and drover her back 1000 miles. That was interesting. It had like 3 layers of tint that was bubbled up. I could not see a damn thing at night! She had 3 previous owners. 1st one was a woman in Cocoa Beach, not far from me, and she purchased new in Melbourne FL. In 2007, the original owner sold her to a guy who took her to NY and drove it in the snow and salt. Damn he did some suspension damage. 3rd owner bought it in 2011 and took it to PA where he could not really afford to do the maintenance and it just sat. Lucky for me, none of these owners ratted it out or modded it in anyway as it is absolutely stock. I have much of the original paperwork (owners manual with notes) and repair receipts from the 3 previous owners. There is just a little bit of rust on one of the rocker panels (you can't see). I literally parked it after driving it from PA and disassembled the entire suspension. I replaced all the bushings, bearings, brakes, shocks, and painted everything. I tore the front of the motor down and replaced everything and then did the ignition. The power steering was leaking everywhere, so I replaced the rack, high pressure line, and pump. Also replaced the exhaust. The only non OEM item is stainless brake lines.

As she sits today (name is Misty for 'mistress' as my wife calls her), she still needs a bit of cosmetic work but I would not hesitate to drive it cross country. Longer term will be to do a full repaint and address some of the corrosion that I did not get to. Enjoy the pics.

http://s410.photobucket.com/user/arries289/media/CivicWagon/20160604_185014_zps55itzyfd.jpg.html

Comments

• arries289arries289 Wagonist
    Not sure where all the pics went! I will reload them a little later.