Front bumper from other 4gen?

Hello,

I own a 4th gen civic wagon rt4wd.

However, my front bumper is ultra ugly on my second wagon. The question is will other 4gen front bumpers from sedan or hatch fit onto my wagon?

Thanks!

Comments

• superhatchsuperhatch Moderator
    http://www.honda208.com/showthread.php?2427-88-91-civic-model-interchangibility-guide-(crx-hatch-sedan-amp-wagon)

I don't know if this is true, but:

front bumpers -
    88-89 hatch will bolt onto 90-91 hatch and visa versa, but you will want matching rear bumper and mouldings.
    88-89 crx will bolt onto 90-91 crx and visa versa, but you will want matching rear bumper and mouldings.
    88-89 sedan will bolt onto 90-91 sedan and visa versa, but you will want matching rear bumper and mouldings.
    88-91 hatch, 88-89 sedan, 88-91 wagon are all interchangable (with minor modifications). 90-91 sedan front bumpers are too long for other models.
    rear bumpers - all model specific, no interchangability other than 88-89 update or backdate to 90-91 (moulding changes).
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    The key is in retaining the wagon upper moulding - otherwise you have gaps between the fenders and bumper. There is a thread with examples of each.