Dance with the Devil in a Red wagon

Hello all I'm new to the second generation of wagon but I'm not new to the forums I've stocked plenty of forums here. Did i mention i used to own a carbed '86 wagon before i ever got close to owning this wagon? I've got several ideas racing through my head about where I want my build to go and how I can picture the end result. The gentleman I purchased the wagon from was debating if he even wanted to sell it but he finally told me he would let it go. I only paid $1500 for this wagon the had just been repainted and was virtually still stock other than some hid lights and ek fog lights. The wagon still needs odds and ends to be fully put back together but when I get some time it should get done quickly. But on to the pics, mind you that the rims on there now are from 1976 and have been in storage for the last 4 years. Don't know if they will stay to be honest
14.jpg15.jpg16.jpg17.jpg18.jpg19.jpg20.jpg21.jpg22.jpg23.jpg24.jpg25.jpg
And a shot before I bought the wagon1.jpeg

Comments

• ShwagoneerShwagoneer Band Wagon
    Spent the weekend getting some work done and found a couple of my old goodies in storage. Will have pics in a few days. And I'm curious does anyone know what the bar is called that wagons have installed on the back seat across the car?
  • Nice ride, cool color. Do you mean the bar above the rear headrests? If so, that is the C pillar bar.
    Yeah that's what I meant I think I found one that I will be ordering soon. But in the mean time I replaced the valve cover gasket and bought several other parts for general maintenance to get the car back to par.42.jpg43.jpg44.jpg
    More updates. Getting in parts for my build slowly but still at a good pace. I've got coilovers, extended top hats and I found a piece of my old '86 wagon that will be reused on this one.92.jpg93.jpg
  • DP_RT4WDDP_RT4WD New Wagonist
    Does the RT4WD system still work?

I've pulled two viscous couplers from junked automatic vehicles that were totally trashed. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with being an auto...?
    Mine is just 2wd it's not rt4wd I wouldn't mind if it was but its not
    Alright so the wagon has gone on a maiden voyage this last week and also had the front brakes done and rotors resurfaced. The only results that have turned up is that the rear brakes still need to be done which I have sitting and the wagon needs an overhaul in the coolant system. In the next week or two I'm gonna replace the radiator with a skunk2 alpha series half core and also replace the radiator hoses and replace the thermostat with a much lower temperature one so it will open sooner and keep the car running colder.
    Tomorrow and Monday are my days of lucky for me the wife is off too and opted to take care of the kids so I can finally get some work done on the wagon.
  • superhatchsuperhatch Moderator
    http://www.tuneruniversity.com/blog/2012/04/low-temp-thermostats-whats-the-advantage/

Good article about low temp thermostats.

I call the C-Pillar bar skull crushers. If you ever carry passengers in the back a C-pillar bar will probably kill them in an accident. It looks cool but I took mine out after I picked up some friends and put them in the back. If you roll solo or 2 only then grab one for sure.

Do you need that rear window trim? I might have some.
    I actually need to take better pictures with more updates. I put in a skunk 2 radiator and Trans oil cooler did the rear brake shoes and also did hoses and an oil change I still need to put on my coil overs, my top hats and do a Trans service just having a family there is no time
    No pictures at this time but I installed my rear camber kit, fixed my radiator fan issue and finally put my emblems back on the rear hatch.
    So I managed to get my coil overs and extended top hats installed. I also replaced my ground wire off the valve cover. Little things make all the difference
    115.jpg
    116.jpg
    117.jpg
    Good thing is I can still go lower in the front and rear I just set it quick for today and cruised.
    It's been a rough road lately with the wagon. Car blew a heater hose which I have already replaced and continued to overheat after being bled. I have also rebled the system but have not driven it since to see about an overheating issue.