Sold It! closed

OL' RED, bought from bkmc24 in Steamboat, full restore. (stock but DOHC ZC)

Working of a full restoration on, OL RED, bought from Ben up in Steamboat (bkmc24).
We were gonna part it out, but it was too clean underneath, and shop talked me into a full rebuild.
Just got engine and clutch done. Not all OEM parts, but did our best and no junk parts. Used Honda brand as much as possible inside engine.
Will be up and running in about two weeks.
Ready for sale about Feb15th-Mar1st.
I am gonna be in it for like 6500, so if any one can do 7grand, I will let it go.
I am glad it is red, I cannot own fast red cars, so it will be easy to part with.
Very clean CO car with no rust.
Hoping to get like 120HP after rebuild.
The tech doing the rebuild is moving to another shop doing insurance jobs, so this will be the last engine he rebuilds, and he was meticulous. It is a good one.
Has the JDM ECU and no RPM limiter or speed governor, gonna be a fun one to drive.
So will have: Fresh Engine, Clutch, Driveshaft, Rear Carriage, Body Paint, Wheels brushed and painted, and interior detail.

This one will go a good long time, if you keep your foot out of it.

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/5424459898.html

**ADMIN EDIT TO RESTORE ORIGINAL POST**

Comments

• Must be a crackhead...got hold to the wrong stuff!
  • Techs got it running about 9pm last night. Needed new wiring harness to complete the puzzle.
    Fresh pics up Tuesday.
    Sounded really good, just getting the break-in done while shaft at rebuilders for New U's and VC rebuild.
    Rebuilding rear carriage assembly early this week w mostly OEM CRV dampeners, etc..., and shaft back Wednesday. On the road for testing by the Weekend.
    Paint prep 2/7, in booth 2/10. Full interior detail and final testing then.
    Ready for pickup like 2/14.
    WARNING: Anyone who drives this in the snow, will not be able to resist it. It is gonna be really fun to drive w all that HP.

• fortyfive wrote: »
    Must be a crackhead...got hold to the wrong stuff!

^^^^^^^^ I think he meant the price, NOT the engines head....and WOW is he correct!
  • RevmaynardRevmaynard Council Member
    Yea that price is ridiculous....
  • TadasTadas Wagonist
    Is this guy for real? I am not even sure I could ask that much for my custom fully rebuilt wagon :O
  • I'd consider $8,500.....for a very low mile manual 89 RT full of factory options with no rust and no accidents - no restoration necessary. Too bad they don't exist. I think the 89 is the best year with no autobelts. The OP is asking way too much for an autobelt, automatic car with non-original engine.
  • Car has the 6speed! Already had a few local nibbles. Once paint goes on it will show much better.
    I know the ZC detracts a little from the value, but drivability will make up for that quickly. 130HP out of that ZC! squeals all four really easy, gonna be fun in the snow. Rest of car is stock.
    Fresh rebuild on: engine, clutch, driveshaft and rear carriage. going next week for fresh body & trim paint. A/C recharged.

I will be in it for about 6500, if was any color but red I would keep it. Will let it go to forum members for 7k cash.

This one was on EBay for two days, and he took a private local offer. w/ a rebuilt 1.5l, and its a wagovan, Not even RT4WD.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Civic-4wd-real-time-civic-wagovan-/131713730233?forcerrptr=true&hash=item1eaac006b9:g:qywAAOSwoydWqnsF&item=131713730233
  • I hope you are joking about the price.
  • So I am the author of the book, Growing Colorado Marijuana. www.growingcoloradomarijuana.com
    My name is Barlow, and I gave up freebasing cocaine when Jerry died and the Dead fizzled out. I spent from 89-94 on Dead tour. Have seen and done most things, in purity and amounts that would kill small mammals.
    My current endeavor as an author, and consultant in the industry, allows me plenty of free time.
    I smoke hash for breakfast, and have way more money than sense.
    I don't need to sell cars or parts at all, just something fun to keep me busy.

Again, This 86 wagovan went for 8900 Feb2, 2016. (At least I think he got his price). It was on EBay for two days, then pulled and sold to a private buyer.
    [URL]http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Civic-4wd-real-time-civic-wagovan-/131713730233?forcerrptr=true&hash=item1eaac006b9:g :qywAAOSwoydWqnsF&item=131713730233[/URL]

Watch EBay for a few months, and when RT's go up in cherry condition they get real money. Really, any vintage cherry Honda on there seems to do well.
    I know you guys all own one, or three. You can only hope the upward trend continues. Do you get notes on your car asking if you want to sell? All the time.
    When this one is done, I know it will sell in a week.
    With a fresh shaft, ZC, and rear carriage, this is soooo fun to drive, it will be a very easy sell. It runs and drives awesome! With the fresh RT4wd functioning as-new.
    And my Cost:
    Car 500, Tow 200.
    Rebuild: Engine, clutch, shaft, carriage. Body work & Paint. (All done by pro's, not in my carport). 5800. If you notice in the pics, there are dudes in uniforms and big lifts.
    So yeah, I need 7k,cash, if you ain't got it, I am sure someone does. Any color you want, as long as its Red.

And if any forum members make it to CO, come by and chilllllll................anytime!

• Wait, so is that confirmation that someone was a crackhead afterall?! I'm very confused now.
  • What it originally said:
    Will continue the story of the Dread-i Knights and the 'Caine Wars over in the Lounge..........'
    Just updated the pictures of car, stay here if you need info on ,Ol' Red,

What he edited it to say:

Original seller below, his original description did not mention the rust, why this bottom feeder feels the need to tell you about it now, I am unsure.
    In his original post, he says you can get a New ZC Engine for a grand?
    My techs were able to get his sloppy work repaired.
    I think he is just hurt he didn't have the money to fix himself.
    Check out the other 2wd wagon he has for sale" Runs Great.........Needs Head Gasket" "Smokes at WOT", sounds to me like with over 200k mi, the engine is toast. He will tell you it has plenty of life left and not blown.

Sold me a car, was deceptive about condition, now telling potential buyers about damage. Nice guy. Oh well, the contradiction between his original description, and the post below, would allow me to easily file an "item not as described" claim with paypal.

• bkmc24bkmc24 Senior Wagonist
    Hey man, not to call you out but that car has a TON of rust, one of the reasons I was okay with parting with it. All of the black spots on the rear are POR15 and PORPatch to help get rid of the rust, and the windshield channel is swiss cheese that I was working on fixing with PORPatch. It works very, VERY well, but to say it has no rust is pretty sketchy. It also came from North Dakota, so I am not sure it was a CO car for long. Not trying to be a dick, but you are either being dishonest or severely misinformed as to the condition of the vehicle.