Jdm ef5 seats

I'm looking to purchase some Jdm ef5 seats but am not sure if they will bolt into my 88 wagon or if I will have to do a pan swap. I've searched and can't seem to find out any information. I had a 88 civic hatch and the Jdm ef9 had the same rails as 88-89 usdm hatch and bolted right in. Would this be the same case with he wagons? Thanks

Comments

• https://www.civicwagon.com/archive/index.php/t-1573.html

For 2WD I think the answer is, yes with some modification. Likely want to stay year specific. RT4WD is a NO, but I have a DIY to swap seat pans.
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    If you have auto belts then no. If you don't, then I do not see why they would not be a direct bolt in.
    I can take some pictures when I get home or PoozMcguee could post up some pics if he sees this.

Why would you purchase the whole EF5 seat when you could just buy the outer skin and save shipping? We'll confirm if its all the same shit and let you know.

Superhatch, EF5 = Shuttle/Sedan. He is not referring to hatch seats.
  • CharbCharb Administrator
    You can't pan swap an 88

But you can build brackets to bolt 88 sliders to 90+ seatpan
  • I recently did a foam and skin swap from 88 - 90. So I know that works, things don't line up perfectly but it still stretched on tight and I was able to get it all clamped up. Not sure what the headrest situation is like on the JDM EF5 but it might be another route to look at. It was gonna be way too much of a pain in the ass to do any brackets to make the rails bolt up.
  • Efm_ookieEfm_ookie Band Wagon
    Thanks for the info guys. I want to get new seats because the foam is falling apart and it would be much easier to just swap the seats out. Shipping is going to be a killer though.
  • Haydz wrote: »
    Superhatch, EF5 = Shuttle/Sedan. He is not referring to hatch seats.

Gotcha. Do they have some special bolstering vs. the Si seats? I tried to look them up but 'EF Seats' turns up a host of images regardless of the # you put after EF.
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    There is nothing special about the EF5 seats AFAIK - just the outer materials we got were more varied.