Do 16cl14vn calipers fit on RT Wagons?

Hey eveeveryone, I have searched the internet up and down and can't seem to get a straight answer. I have calipers, pads, and rotors that came off a eg ex civic (92-95).From the research I have done so far it looks like theinside of the caliper has to be shaved down to make them work. I am wondering if anyone has done this and if so how exactly did you make it work? I know ef ex ones will work but haven't seen much about eg ones. I apologize if this is a repeated thread but I can't seem to get a straight answer. Everything I'm finding is for egs or eks. Thanks for any and all info!

Comments

• I think I am just gunna try this and report with my findings.
  • bam-bambam-bam Council Member
    I don't recall ever hearing or reading about such a swap.

There's a guy here in the ATL area that can quote those specs chapter and verse. He goes by brakeexpert on here but hasn't been on in awhile. Maybe he's active on H-T.
  • bam-bam wrote: »
    I don't recall ever hearing or reading about such a swap.

There's a guy here in the ATL area that can quote those specs chapter and verse. He goes by brakeexpert on here but hasn't been on in awhile. Maybe he's active on H-T.

Thanks for that, I saw that guys name around quite a bit while doing my research. Im going to try mocking these up and see what happens and go from there. Thank you tough.
  • I just did 95 Legend Calipers and brackets with DC Integra rotors. So mini Integra Type R brakes on my RT. They fit under the stock 14" steel wheels will a tiny bit of grinding on the caliper and bracket. The outer edge of the rotor also just kisses the inside of the caliper and also needed a little clearancing.

Did Stoptech rotors and pads, the wagon actually stops now and have the power and modulation to lock up 195/75-14 BFG All Terrains at will on dry pavement.

Went from this poor excuse for a front brake.
    158.jpg

To this.
    159.jpg

Rotor and pad side by side.
    160.jpg
  • Wow, nice. I have Enkei RPF1 and they have a pretty thick profile inside. I couldn't get one to even come close to fitting on the 15" wheel.
  • Compromises man. I badly wanted EX knuckles and 11.1" rotors but there was no way that was going to fit in a 14" steel wheel. That setup clears a 15" aluminum wheel with about 0.5mm to spare. An no way I was going to give up my freshly powder coated RT wheels and new BFGs.

Damn that vehicle must appear stock mantra. OEM+ is fine by me but wheels and spoiler and other non essential cosmetic mods don't work for me.
  • ChaseChase Wagonist
    Thanks everyone for the updates but I have chose to go another route. I ended up throwing those spindles on my 97 hatchback instead. I am probably going to go da fronts soon but the girlfriend just picked up a RTAWD 91 as well so now my hands are REALLY full. haha thanks again though and I appreciate the pictures.
  • Wow, nice. I have Enkei RPF1 and they have a pretty thick profile inside. I couldn't get one to even come close to fitting on the 15" wheel.

I upgraded my knuckles to the DA and then put on an EBC stage 2 rotor/pad for the DA and they fit under a +35, 15" RPF1. So there is a bigger brake option while having the RPF1s.

I think the RT > DA upgrade is 9.5" > 10.3".
  • superhatch wrote: »
    I upgraded my knuckles to the DA and then put on an EBC stage 2 rotor/pad for the DA and they fit under a +35, 15" RPF1. So there is a bigger brake option while having the RPF1s.

I think the RT > DA upgrade is 9.5" > 10.3".

The DX and RT are a 9.5" front rotor to start with.
  • The DX and RT are a 9.5" front rotor to start with.

Ahh, didn't know the DX had a 9.5 as well. /themoreyouknow
  • klumklum Senior Wagonist
    i couldnt fit my 14" rt wheels after doing my brake swap maybe i did something noone has done before? lol
    i did vigor calipers grinded 22mm or whatever the thread said and grinded 97 type r pads ls 93 ' rotors
  • AbideAbide Council Member
    from everything ive seen your best option is DA or 90-91 EX knuckles and brakes for still clearing a 14. I havent seen anything else that will.
  • Any of the 10.3" setups should just clear 14" wheels. I put 11.1" calipers on a 10.3" rotor and had to make some clearance. Wanted the bigger pads.

11.1" calipers with the 9.5" knuckle and a 10.3" rotor is how I made mine work. You won't be able to put the 11.1" caliper on a DA/EX 10.3" knuckle.

Could get fancy and put the dual piston Legend GS caliper or NSX caliper on the stock knuckle and clear 14" wheels. I just happened to have the single piston Legend L/LS (Integra Type R) caliper sitting around.
  • Wouldn't the 11.1" calipers cause the pad to hang off the top edge of the rotor?
  • Wouldn't the 11.1" calipers cause the pad to hang off the top edge of the rotor?

Negative. The pad is slightly thicker radially but is a bit longer giving greater pad surface area. Combined with the RT/DX knuckle having shorter caliper mounting ears the 11.1" caliper fits very well on the 10.3" rotor.

But yes if you attempted an 11.1" caliper on an EX/DA knuckle with a 10.3" rotor the pad would certainly hang over the edge of the rotor because of the longer mount ears on the EX/DA knuckle.
  • Interesting, very good to know. Thanks!