The Accidental Wagon

With a little bit of luck she won't be stock very long, so might as well start a build thread.
As of last night I am the unreasonably proud owner of a 1990 Wagon. She has 168,000 on the odometer with 20,000 of those miles spent being pulled behind a motor home (not my ideal but oh well, not a deal breaker by any means) with a 5 speed trans and I bought it from my boyfriend's buddy's uncle, who had the owner's manual with receipts/proof of all routine maintenance done since 1990. It's so clean. So, so clean and everything works - even the A/C. Parting with $1,600 for a 25 year old car would have been crazy if it were anything but this certified sex chariot. I've been lusting after a Civic Wagon for a long time but never thought I'd actually find one for a realistic price that wasn't rusted to bits, yet here she is. I found out about this car by pure accident - it was destined to be posted on Craigslist soon, but thankfully I snatched it up before that could happen.
First steps are to clean up the interior/exterior and tint the windows, then comes wheels and tires, and from there I have no idea. I can't wait to tear through this thread and see what my options are for this car. I don't know a ton about 4th gen Civics in general, but I have a feeling that'll change quick.
Just one bad picture for now, gobs more to come once I get off work and have a chance to go picture-crazy.
Stay tuned for shenanigans/chaos/progress.

[IMG][/img]648b235b-dd8f-49f3-9b97-eb2ff4ad009f_zps3lbqfg31.jpg

Comments

• arries289arries289 Wagonist
    Nice find...
  • mistahjoemistahjoe New Wagonist
    lucky! Looks real clean!

is that a sunroof?
  • sohawksohawk Wagonist
    30.jpg

This wagon looks like a happy accident to me.
  • Yes, that's definitely a sunroof! Today will be dedicated to cleaning her up since I'm off work today, I'll post more and better pictures. This wagon is the happiest of accidents - it's funny to see my non-car enthusiast friends wrinkle their noses at it while everyone else who knows Honda drools.
  • That's a clean wagon I'm jealous lol nice find
  • good find brother congrats !!!
  • Thanks everyone! I did some detailing on the 4th (while everyone else was getting drunk - I'm wild & crazy like that) and she cleaned up really well. I couldn't believe how nice the 25 year old factory painted shined up after a good wash, polish and wax (and yes, that's definitely a sunroof).

[IMG][/img]74a92407-f94d-4f9c-982d-239b103fb368_zpso93xidnz.jpg

[IMG][/img]5d05fea5-ca8e-4717-a9be-bfa06b2ee9e7_zpsug4zectc.jpg
    [IMG][/img]3d529489-7e1d-460d-be78-7501da2ab882_zpsxzhwsdel.jpg
  • www.civicwagon.com[/URL][/IMG]

www.civicwagon.com[/URL][/IMG]

www.civicwagon.com[/URL][/IMG]