Operation: Golden Retriever

Comments

• superhatchsuperhatch Moderator
    You seem to have a knack to finding rare parts. What's your process?
  • arries289arries289 Wagonist
    superhatch wrote: »

I was thinking the same thing.....what IS ur process, Bill???
  • mistahjoemistahjoe New Wagonist
    you waste no time.

almost a.d.d.-ish.

jk.
  • BillBoardBillBoard council member
    superhatch wrote: »
    arries289 wrote: »
    I was thinking the same thing.....what IS ur process, Bill???

too much time on the internets... you can find anything.... I think?
    mistahjoe wrote: »
    you waste no time.

almost a.d.d.-ish.

jk.
    Lols not ADD, I've been stalking and planning and searching and researching for a very long time....

Not rushing- just executing my vision.
  • wagodizzlewagodizzle Council Member and EDM expert
    Loving the progress! Making me want a third gen. The rear glass that wraps up into the roof is awesome.

Gonna do a euro rear bumper conversion? ;)
    wagodizzle wrote: »
    Loving the progress! Making me want a third gen. The rear glass that wraps up into the roof is awesome.

Gonna do a euro rear bumper conversion? ;)

I don't know what the euro bumper looks like??? Teach me what you know!!!
  • VladiVladi Senior Wagonist
    Mr. Worldwide.

Nice stuff Bill.
    And ship me some of those photography skills, I need them!
    Vladi wrote: »
    Mr. Worldwide.

Nice stuff Bill.
    And ship me some of those photography skills, I need them!

Lols I will ship you some photography skills in exchange for rare wagon goods!!!!

These came in the mail. Brand new in box. Vintage Honda stuff!
    105.jpg

106.jpg

107.jpg
  • VladiVladi Senior Wagonist
    Why are you doing this to me. stop it.
  • BillBoard wrote: »
    too much time on the internets... you can find anything.... I think?

Lols not ADD, I've been stalking and planning and searching and researching for a very long time....

Not rushing- just executing my vision.

Find me a damn rear shuttle visor then bill :(
    hahah love this thing..................
    Vladi wrote: »
    Why are you doing this to me. stop it.
    Sorry man... I cant stop... ive tried...
    Find me a damn rear shuttle visor then bill :(
    hahah love this thing..................

That I cant find. Believe me- I've looked. Good luck.

This weekend I got to play with the wagon a little bit...

After a little bit of research I found some clear corner lights that work for the wagon. They are for an 1980-something Toyota Truck.
    210.jpg

While I was at it- I decided to tear into the bumper and install foglights. They are not wired yet. Everything takes me way longer than its supposed to and it also seems like I always have to take a least 3 trips to Home Depot for tools or razor blades or drill bits or mounting hardware or ......
    211.jpg

O yeah and I installed a 1st gen integra lip that I have had in my garage forever....
    212.jpg

213.jpg

214.jpg

And I hope to get to these wheels sometime soon...
    215.jpg
  • Dude no way! Sexy just got sexier!!! Loving this build and can't wait to see what else you find for it Bill.
    Dude no way! Sexy just got sexier!!! Loving this build and can't wait to see what else you find for it Bill.

lol! thanks dude... She's coming along! more planned!
  • Looks awesome man, always loved brown interiors. My rear cargo cover set up is brown :cool: I wasn't able to track down a maroon set. Glad you found a clean 3rd gen.
    Looks awesome man, always loved brown interiors. My rear cargo cover set up is brown :cool: I wasn't able to track down a maroon set. Glad you found a clean 3rd gen.

Thanks dude. I got my eyes peeled for a rear cargo set up...

Got some time this weekend to play with the wagon...

it all started with washing Walter...
    250.jpg

I was like o, cool pool Walter... I have some filthy rims that need to soak in some soap...
    251.jpg

252.jpg

a little bit cleaner... I wet sanded them while they were in the Walters bath tub... Got rid of the surface rust specks. But still not clean enough... Off to the power wash...
    253.jpg

Really spotless now... Ready for re-spray
    254.jpg

I used Duplicolor heavy duty wheel coating. It sprays nice. I've used it in the past... I thought about having them powder-coated, but the quotes I got were around $300 for PCing, and I just don't think that's worth it-- for these rims anyways... And I think they turned out nice with just the Duplicolor wheel spray.
    255.jpg

256.jpg

257.jpg

the caps
    258.jpg

Next// This was bothering me, since the day I bought it...
    259.jpg

stripped it all off...
    260.jpg

I actually ended up removing it completely from the rear of the wagon and spraying it... I used Plastidip...
    261.jpg

262.jpg
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Crispy clean! You going to lower this beast?
    SPW wrote: »
    Crispy clean! You going to lower this beast?

yes. I want to as soon as possible.. but still cleaning up some things... lols... I'm working towards that... Just ordered tires moments ago...
    31 going on 13.
    279.jpg

280.jpg

281.jpg

282.jpg

283.jpg
  • Dude somebunny REALLY loves you! That cake rocks!
  • ChaifeChaife Instagram grand master
    Awesome thread. I like the video, and the graphics/ applique on the side are the coolest.
    Chaife wrote: »
    Awesome thread. I like the video, and the graphics/ applique on the side are the coolest.

thanks dude! I like the old little line graphics on the side too!

Kumho's came in today! RT wheels mounted... She's almost ready for a real camera photoshoot.
    3.jpg

4.jpg
  • With that look on the white wheels I'd totally white the kumho letters on the tires. That might be too much for your tastes though.
  • WannabeWannabe Band Wagon
    Car is too sharp and square. Wheels are too round and smooth. For my taste that is
  • bkmc24bkmc24 Senior Wagonist
    I agree with the above....I am not a fan of the wheels on this. I think it needs something way more intricate.
  • The stock wheels weren't much more angled or intricate than these wheels though, just steel with a black center cap. I guess these have a slightly more D shaped hole vs the oval hole.
  • bkmc24bkmc24 Senior Wagonist
    I didn't like those either :)
  • MrJayDMMrJayDM Wagonist
    it looks great!! the video was cool too!!
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    A little to much white I think. Color match the center caps? Once it's lowered it will look a lot better. Looking good!
    With that look on the white wheels I'd totally white the kumho letters on the tires. That might be too much for your tastes though.
    Thats a cool idea and if my wagon was a little bit more track or autocross geared- I would go for that look! But its just a slow grandma weekend cruiser.
    Wannabe wrote: »
    Car is too sharp and square. Wheels are too round and smooth. For my taste that is
    ok, everyone has different taste. I like them actually. I dunno.
    bkmc24 wrote: »
    I agree with the above....I am not a fan of the wheels on this. I think it needs something way more intricate.
    I have a vision in my head though, and once you see it--- you will probably still hate it... lols
    The stock wheels weren't much more angled or intricate than these wheels though, just steel with a black center cap. I guess these have a slightly more D shaped hole vs the oval hole.
    yes. exactly, in my opinion these wheels are an improvement. They may not be permanent. but they may be. I dunno. I have a vision people... just buckle in and hold on a minute...
    bkmc24 wrote: »
    I didn't like those either :)
    lols. nobody did.
    MrJayDM wrote: »
    it looks great!! the video was cool too!!
    thanks dude!
    SPW wrote: »
    A little to much white I think. Color match the center caps? Once it's lowered it will look a lot better. Looking good!
    nah to color matched center caps. These wheels were just available- if I had my choice of any wheel in the world it would look much difference. This is just a stage in the wagons progression. I have a vision of where I want this wagon to end up......... we are in for the long haul....
    anywho... you guys can argue over the Rt steelies... Meanwhile BBQ meat today. Here are some photos. Actual photos, with a real camera. Not an iphone.

O i should mention I lowered my wagon--- As low as the T-bars will allow in the front and ended up trimming one coil off in the rear... after trying 3 other spring situations... long day.. still looks like its stock, but its not. fuck you guys...

rolling from Denver to Ft Collins
    23.jpg

Got like 3 pix at the actual meet before my camera died... Dont worry I charged it while we were there.
    24.jpg

25.jpg

I just really like what he did with this bumper for some reason...
    26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

my new wheel. I forgot I didnt post a pic the other day!
    29.jpg

time to put this garage bitch back into the garage... (its under construction, dont judge)
    30.jpg

gas up before we go for a cruise
    31.jpg

we roll out
    32.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg

I won the raffle for the Prennro1 original!!!
    35.jpg

36.jpg

37.jpg

38.jpg

got my foglights wired to OEM foglight switch... I will show a pic of that later.
    39.jpg

bitch it might be... luis pin!
    40.jpg

we (not me) pushed his wagon into the garage previous.
    41.jpg

views from the cruise
    42.jpg

letting my wagon cool off...
    43.jpg