Custom Wired-In USB Dual Port Charger - Modernizing My Wagon

I saw a guy put one of these in the back ashtray or something similar to it at least

325.jpg326.jpg327.jpg328.jpg

going to wire it up tomorow i got the usb port and drilled a hole in about 5 minutes to get it perfectly tight it has a back nut that spins on the threads to tighten up
i got some silicone to set the nut in place to prevent it from backing as a precaution
it looks to have really simple wiring two prongs
marked neg and pos
it claims to be a 12v so im going to tap into a hot wire that is activated with the key in on position
and the dash harness main ground is located right here stock as well so thats a quick wire.
I hope theres a transformer in there somewhere because it does have two different amperages i assume there is a transformer in there :confused:
ill try to charge a old phone first
oh and just so you know i placed it here really quick with no planning i realize its not very passenger friendly but its close enough for me ;)

Comments

• MrWhoopeeMrWhoopee Wagonist
    I'm confused, did you mount it in the cylinder head?
  • civtec350civtec350 Wagonist
    i had some weird thing going on with photobucket that mixed around some pictures on one of my posts. i bet thats what happened here too, because mounting it in the head doesnt sound convenient.
  • klumklum Senior Wagonist
    civtec350 wrote: »
    i had some weird thing going on with photobucket that mixed around some pictures on one of my posts. i bet thats what happened here too, because mounting it in the head doesnt sound convenient.
    MrWhoopee wrote: »
    I'm confused, did you mount it in the cylinder head?

yeah i edited the post like 5 times when i posted it last night and new images kept coming up as the ones i put in even tho id go back to the roginal link every time... its been happening a lot on this forum for me and only on here...

i re published the image so hopefully i get dibs on the url this time... -_-
    greentea will tell ya lol i posted a motor or something as my LED instrument gauge he was like wtf?
  • klumklum Senior Wagonist
    ill just post the link to the album since the pics dont load correctly on here
    http://imgur.com/a/9IGMi
    complete it works and is pretty cool i must say :D