What do you do while waiting for the wagon?

Hello guys!

It has been more then year and a half since I bought the wagon.

It has been standing in various body shops and garages getting work done by me and others.

The question is what do you guys do while waiting for your wagon?

I keep hearing promises and problems of when and how it will be done.

How do you stay motivated?

I feel like I almost forgot what it even feels to sit in it let alone drive it.

Reading this forum and planing new upgrades help a bit but still. SO DAMN HARD TO WAIT THIS LONG.

I guess I just want yall to say that it is worth the wait!

But I surely know many of you have wagons as project cars for many years lurking in garages,

So let me know what you do while waiting!

Comments

• HaydzHaydz Moderator
    My right hand and I have become well acquainted.
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    You know... using a fork. I'm getting fat.
  • beastmodebeastmode Senior Wagonist
    I keep hoarding more Honda access steering wheels :devilish: and buying EF parts for no reason.... I haven't driven my wagon in about 1 year myself.
  • TadasTadas Wagonist
    Some days I feel like pushing wagon of a cliff and then throwing all the parts for it afterwards. Watch them all fall and roll..
  • Six years in the garage, now back in my shop, motivation comes in the form of seeing what others keep doing. Go look at Beastmode's car or see how Haydz has come back after years of not even owning a wagon, Bam-Bam ridiculously awesome creation, Billboard's always super clean wagons. There are rough times when it comes to our wagons due to parts being scarce, or a mod you did that becomes the new fad and having to rethink your direction, it comes with the territory of any car. I have felt exactly the way you feel, push it off a cliff along with the storage shed full of parts, and I could tell you there is probably a better chance of it falling together then of me putting it all together, but there is always motivation to be found here.

Takes dedication to be part of any group, this is no different. Everybody here will tell you it is worth the wait. Just keep at it.

I always have multiple projects going on, so while I am waiting on one I start on another.
  • I've had mine for little over 2 years now and I've only driven it about 5 miles or so. It's definitely a process. I keep a schematic of the engine as my computer's wallpaper at work to remind me to keep at it.

Supposed to pick up decked and bored block from the machine shop next week along with an Si head. Will attempt to put it all back together over Spring Break. The most important thing is to stick with it and try to get something done every day or at least every week. Even something small like cleaning the interior or removing rust from old parts etc.

At first when I had trouble with the car, I was super discouraged and wished I had never purchased the thing. After learning so much over the past 2 years working on the thing it's like we've bonded. I couldn't imagine NOT having it at this point. I'm excited and you should be too!
  • I recently joined the wagon life, I bought a wagon with very little problems and zero rust.
    This little wagon will be my DD until I get my CRV back on the road.

I know the feeling, I had my CRV under the knife for 2 years..
    H2B is no joke.. The H23 vtec swap took me to my limits..
    I almost gave up a few times and posted it on CL twice...

After reading the forums and seeing the out come of others, I couldn't give up, I wouldn't give up.
    $6000 later I had a 98 CRV 5sp H2B H23vtec, that was not even worth half of what I put into it..
    It was fun while it lasted, I burnt out the tranny and rear diff....
    Its so frustrating to see all my hard work and money, back on the blocks after only a year!!
    It all seems like a wast of time and money!!

My love for Honda's and seeing my friends builds, in there different levels of completion... Keeps me going!!!
    One weekend sitting in the passenger seat of my buddy's civic smoking some redneck in his "BAD ASS MUSTANG" and the next weekend off-roading in another buddy's Boosted B20vtec CRV creates motivation to get my build rolling...

We all know the feeling, the frustration and the discouragement...
    In the end Its all about the memories, the fun, the busted knuckles, and friends you meet along the way.
    AND TAKE LOTS OF PICTURES!!!
  • Buy another one and leave it stock and ratty so you can reliably drive it every day and park it anywhere.
  • Try to have a few fun cars, there will never be a moment where you feel like you are ever finished. I have my wagon, 2 hatchbacks, a sedan and a daily driven toyota truck and its a never ending cycle of something to work on. I love it though, keeps me busy and its great to always be learning.
  • While I wait for money to buy parts for this 4 year old project:

414.jpg

I have fun driving this. Part of the reason for the wagon delay was all the work/time/money that went into this while the wagon waits...

415.jpg
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    What's to the left of the Wagon?
  • That's one of my father's 4 antique fire engines. That one is a 1932 Seagrave pumper, I believe. In front of that is a 1950's Ford 8N tractor. That garage is a black hole of half-assembled project vehicles.
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    What I like to do is go to page 1 of my favorite build thread(s) and go through them every once in a while. I never get tired of going through great threads like beastmode, billboard, wagodizzle, and NZ-DB8R just to name a few. It keeps me going. Heck even look at your own thread. Seeing what it was and what it is now is a huge motivator. Don't give up!
  • TadasTadas Wagonist
    Gosh guys I really want to thank you for the honest replies and encouragement! I have been sick all this weekend (got a nasty cold/virus), but as soon as I get better I will get right back at working on the wagon!

This civicwagon community rocks!
  • MrJayDMMrJayDM Wagonist
    Sorry to hear you have been sick..
    Hope you feel better soon..
    I enjoy reading the progress!!