87' Civic RT4WD D16A1 Swap Build Questions

Hey guys I have some questions about the project I'm about to start. I just spent the better part of my saturday pulling out an 87' Acura D16A1 from a guy's 3rd gen civic sedan. The car was totaled with front end damage but the engine was perfectly fine just got the radiator. We pulled everything out of the engine bay with exception to the wiper motor. We got the entire wiring harness and the computer under the passenger side as well as the internal wiring harness behind the dash. We grabbed all the motor and engine mounts which was another concern of mine.

The Wagon: It's a clean 87' 3rd gen with all sorts of engine trouble. I got it from the Olympic peninsula because the current owner couldn't afford to fix the engine after the timing belt broke. I took it home and found that all the intake valves were toast and the rest were either worped or cracked. I looked for replacements but the costs were way too high so I scoured for a d16a1 and found one that was swapped into a civic, perfect.

I need some help figuring out where to go next before spending a billion hours on redpepperracing.com.

Wiring
What do I need to switch over from the D16A1 wiring harness to stock RT4WD harness?
I don't want to take out the entire wiring setup from the wagon because the interior is in pretty nice shape, I'm looking to accomplishing the simplest conversion possible

view?usp=sharingview?usp=sharingview?usp=sharingview?usp=sharing

Comments

• marklmarkl New Wagonist
    You need to spend time on RedPepper.

The 87 Wagon is a carbed CVCC engine.

You will need most of the Integra wiring harness, including the main relay and the wiring to the fuel pump.

Speaking of fuel pump, you will have to figure out how to mount an electric pump . Some have used a surge pump. Your wagon had a mechanical pump on the engine.

Consider you will need a return line to the tank.

Again. RedPepper.
  • ChaifeChaife Instagram grand master
    Markl has the right idea.
  • So I did some research on red pepper and in the books I have. I found that the original fuel pump on the 87' Acura has 36psi and I can get one that pumps 42 psi and mount it in the engine with the extra 8psi compensating for the positioning from the tank.

Pictures and progress to come. Thanks for all the input.