Its Official, I'm Living The Wagon Life!!

Its Official, I'm Living The Wagon Life!!

My name is Jeremy, I live in Louisville ky!
I have been a Honda/Acura enthusiast my whole life. I have built many D-Series motors for both performance and economy.
I also have built 2 B-Series B20 Vtec and an LS. My CRV has a H23a Bluetop vtec H2B. I pulled the trigger on this Wagon mostly because I blew out the CRV AWD tranny and rear differential. The H23a is just too much for the CRV AWD.

So after searching for 2 years I found a decent wagon that was not rusted out or molested in many ways.
My wife and I drove over 450 miles one way to get her. From Louisville KY to just out side of Charlotte NC.
We drove there and back in one day. Leaving 4am and getting home around 9pm.

On the way back, about 200 miles from home we stopped to get gas & coffee, after pumping gas I inserted the key and it wouldn't turn. F#!k!!, so I shook the key, moved it in and out for more than a 1/2 hour... I couldn't get the damn key to turn.. The lock cylinder was F#!ked!! I had a small set of tools, a few sockets (10mm, 12mm & 14mm) and 2 screw drivers. I ripped the whole ignition lock cylinder out and stuck a socket down into it to disable the steering lock, wrapped it with tape and drove her home... It was a nightmare!!! I had no tags, the car was not in my name and the ignition lock was broke... The whole time I was thinking if I get pulled over I'm going to jail no questions asked!!!

I paid $3400 for it, I feel like I paid too much for her but I don't think I would have found another wagon in as good as shape.

I named my wagon Christine. Some what after that 1980's movie and also my wife's name is Christina.

She is RED and was repainted (I'm not sure when)
ZERO Rust
Believe it or not but only 118,500 Miles on original motor.
New Timing Belt
New Water Pump
New Alternator
New Distributor
New 255 Fuel Pump
Rear Lower Control Arms
Converted to OBD1
1st owner until 108K miles. (Traded it in at CarMax in TN)
2nd owner bought to flip, only put 1K on her. (Was an employee at CarMax)
3rd owner had her for 2 years and only put 9K miles.
4th and last owner ME!!

This car is in such good shape, the original owner had all the maintenance done at the deal. The owners manual has all the records stamped in it.

The 3rd owner had the OBD1 conversion done and installed a JRSC. He also had a boost and wide-band gauge installed.
I will need to have it re-tuned becuase the JRSC is no longer installed. I feel its running a little rich. But it still gets great MPG.

There are a few issues, the power steering has a leak. The drivers seat has a bad spot and also when I fill the tank up, the car smells like gas until about 3/4 of a tank. I'm not sure what that's about??

Comments

• Here are some picture for your viewing pleasure!!

50.jpg
    1.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    4.jpeg
    5.jpeg
    6.jpeg
    7.jpeg
    8.jpeg
    9.jpeg
    10.jpeg
    11.jpeg
    12.jpeg
    51.jpg
    52.jpg
    53.jpg
    54.jpg
    55.jpg
    56.jpg
    57.jpg
    58.jpg
    59.jpg
  • simplyhondasimplyhonda Council Member
    Welcome. Looks nice. I saw it on CL. It wasn't too far from me. Just outta my price range.
    Enjoy the site. And enjoy your new wagon!
  • At least it's an automatic, otherwise I'd have to cry myself to sleep every night for the next year in jealousy. Either way, super solid looking and I wish my wagon had that few problems when I got it. Welcome aboard.
  • bam-bambam-bam Council Member
    Nice one! Welcome to the fun.
  • Welcome. Looks nice. I saw it on CL. It wasn't too far from me. Just outta my price range.
    Enjoy the site. And enjoy your new wagon!
    Again I feel like I paid too much but I don't think I would ever find another wagon in as great shape.
    He wanted $3900 but he took $3400!!
    At least it's an automatic, otherwise I'd have to cry myself to sleep every night for the next year in jealousy. Either way, super solid looking and I wish my wagon had that few problems when I got it. Welcome aboard.
    Thanks!! I have been pushing a clutch my whole driving life.. I'm just tired of it.. Also they have cable trannys, and those are not easy to push in!! Yeah I know about the hydro conversions!! I'm not going to molest Christine, She will stay all stock, with a few stockish upgrades!!
    bam-bam wrote: »
    Nice one! Welcome to the fun.
    Thank you Sir!!
  • JHMEE4JHMEE4 New Wagonist
    At least it's an automatic, otherwise I'd have to cry myself to sleep every night for the next year in jealousy. Either way, super solid looking and I wish my wagon had that few problems when I got it. Welcome aboard.

Haha, true words...

She's a beaut, congrats and welcome!
  • JHMEE4 wrote: »
    She's a beaut, congrats and welcome!
    She will look much better once I get her painted!!
    Get that red shit off her skin!!