New to the Forum just bought a 1990 Wagon 2 WD!

Hello everyone,

My name is Manny and about three weeks ago I bought this 1990 Civic Wagon. Quick intro of myself, Im a soldier just returned from my 4th rotation to Afghanistan, I'm not a car guru or anything like that, this will be my first car I rebuild and want to do most of it myself. Three weeks ago I came home and saw this guy driving this car. I followed him to a gas station and asked him what it was. I was intrigued and very interested so I asked him if he was interested in selling it. I had 2500.00 cash on me and put it in his hands. He said yes. Not knowing the condition of the car I bought it anyways. I took it to a mechanic and he told me the car's suspension is all Skunk II racing parts. He stated the suspension is legit and done right. He told me the suspension itself is worth 2000 or more, he also told me it has a 1.6L and not the original 1.5L and has new Kuhmo tires. So I thought I got over on the guy. But after doing much research I think I know why he sold it to me. Its so freaking hard to find parts! I really want to rebuild this thing.. Everywhere I go I get attention. This is a cool little ride and want to have it looking good.

I want a new driver and passenger seats. But can find any or anything compatible. (Yes I looked at the compatibility list post on here and cant understand it.) I rather use parts that dont need modifications to fit.

Hope you all can help and not refer me back to the list of confusion.

1. What seats from other vehicles will fit it?

2. What bumpers (front and back) will fit?

3. What fenders will fit?

4. More importantly, what engine and transmission can I drop in it for more HP?

Thanks everyone hope you guys can help. I tried to load a pic but dont know how.

v/r
Manny

Comments

• bam-bambam-bam Council Member
    Welcome, Manny! First, Thank You for serving.

1) only wagon seats fit without any modification, but it's not too hard to adapt 2nd gen Integra ("DA") seats. The biggest hangup is that you need the seat-mounted belt reel for the lap belt.
    2) only wagon bumpers
    3)only wagon fenders
    4) good news! Anything that will fit another Civic will fit your wagon. B series engine swaps are common and relatively simple.
  • MannyManny Band Wagon
    Thanks alot Bam Bam..

Ok, so I see I have some work ahead of me. Guess I better buy what ever I can find out there. So you said 2nd Gen Integra seats, what is 2nd Gen. Im sorry I'm not a car guy. The guy who owned it put racing seats on it and they are the most uncomfortable thing I have ever sat on.

thanks again
    v/r
    Manny
  • simplyhondasimplyhonda Council Member
    Welcome. You will find all you need to know here! You're going to love your wagon. Parts are not as bad to find as you are making them out to be. Bam is correct, most everything for a Civic will work on your wagon.
    Junk yard is your friend! Have fun with it, and let's see some pics!
  • MannyManny Band Wagon
    I tried posting pics but it will not upload. Needs a URL. Also, I have a pic on my profile that it is my wagon. Once I figure how to load pics I will post more of it.

thanks everyone.
  • Use Flickr or pretty much any other picture hosting service. They have a way to get a direct url. That's what you use. Welcome back and welcome home thank you for your service!
  • vrmouseyvrmousey New Wagonist
    Wow that's clean! What kind of rims/tires if you know?

Thanks,
    Victor
  • vrmouseyvrmousey New Wagonist
    Oops, sorry. Double post.

Thanks,
    Victor
  • welcome, wow that's clean
  • MannyManny Band Wagon
    The rims are Asani's "15" and the tires are Kuhmo