When one door closes, another one opens.

I will start this build with the end of another.
199.jpg
I bought this auto RT with the intention of a DD. Unfortunately shortly after owning it the Trans blew up. With leaving to VA for some military training I was unable to fix it and so it sat. I tossed the idea of parting her out and making my money back but I decided it would be much better to let him go to a new home. So with that it left me and now slo88crx is the proud new owner and is doing right by the RT.

I have since transferred to Pearl Harbor, HI. And that is where my new "Build" begins.
200.jpg
201.jpg
202.jpg
203.jpg
204.jpg
Interior is super clean, has all floor mats and passenger under seat tray.
205.jpg
One of the coolest things about the crv I think is the CRV table!

So some basic details, it's a 2000 lx rt4wd auto. 135000miles and I'm the second owner. Interior is easily a 9.5 out of 10, engine runs strong and quiet. Now on to the down side which to me is very small and fixable.

206.jpg207.jpg

So over all it perfect for what I need. Plans for now are very basic, fix rust and fender, get some visors because it seams to sprinkle every day.

For all of you crv owners out there what fluids do you use for the Trans and diff?

Thanks for looking -Dustin

Comments

• bam-bambam-bam Council Member
    Nice V. Thanks for serving.
  • Another CR-V owner!

Looks like a decent one too.

For Gearbox just use Honda MTF/ATF, rear diff uses Honda DPSF but in New Zealand that doesnt get imported so Honda recommends using Honda CVTF, diff takes 1L

One thing with checking is that all your swaybar endlinks are tight, they seem to have a way of working themselves loose and rattling around, particularly if you do a bit of offroad work.
  • Nz-db8r thanks for the heads up. The seller didn't remember the last time he had the diff fluid changed so I want to get that done. No crunchy noises when turning tightly but I want to be safe.

Also this sounds really stupid, but when going up an incline at higher speeds should od be engaged or disengaged? I'm not very enlightened on autos. To give an example I was going through the mountains here at 45mph at approximately 3k. I don't want to burn this Trans up.
  • Mine is manual, but Auto's change gear to suit so unless you need the extra revs to pass someone or something then let the gearbox choose what gear to be in. Wont cause any damage
  • Honda should have the proper fluid for the rear diff. It is different than the Wagons as the "center diff" is in the front of the rear housing and requires the dual-pump fluid.

http://www.amazon.com/Honda-Genuine-08200-9007-Differential-Fluid/dp/B005ETCYYC/ref=sr_1_1/187-4436332-9785446?ie=UTF8&qid=1418912122&sr=8-1&keywords=honda+dual+pump+fluid
  • A little update on the V also known as GreenBean, so I have Siberian Huskies and they shed ALOT. So in an attempt to keep the interior as mint as possible I desideded to go grab some cheap carpet and throw it in the back.

252.jpg

So this is a 4x6 rug and the dimensions are actually exactly what I needed. Obviously it will need to be trimmed around the strut access covers and get some velcro to keep it in place. Finished pictures will be posted when complete.

Some of the other upcoming projects include installing some monsoon visors and a little audio upgrade.

253.jpg
    254.jpg
    And lastly a picture of the tool cart my wife got me for valentines day.
    255.jpg
  • Made some progress on the rear carpet. Took some cardboard and made a template and then transfered that to the rug.

265.jpg

266.jpg

267.jpg

Phase 1 is complete. Next step is to get some velcro to help keep it in place. Lastly replace the gorilla tape with actual fabric and sew it up.
    268.jpg
  • 178.jpg

So since I didn't get any service records from the previous owner I think it's time to change all of the fluids, and check the valve clearance since these are known for burning valves. All I'm waiting on is a new head unit so I can hook up my amp and 10" sub while I have the dash apart anyways to replace the cabin filter.