Stevie's RT4WD Wagonvan

let me start this off saying im the very proud of a 90 RT4WD WAGOVAN. little background im 20 years old ive always loved cars and especially fast ones but there was always a certain type of cars that would catch my eye more and that was a sleeper. i think nothing is better than when your underdog car expected too be slow blows the other one out of the water and this being a RT4WD i dont have too worry about the dreaded spinning tell 3-4gear. I picked this up yesterday with 174k on the orginal a6, manual coversion besides a few things, z6 tophalf and a turbo kit all this for 1200 bucks it needs a lil TLC but for being a wisconsin car is in excellent condition bodywise and very rare car up here(before i picked this one up ive never seen one on the road let alone a RT4WD). Im gonna leave yall some pictures and let me know what you all think.
Current Plans: Throw z6 top half on a6 or buy a tapped z6 block im going too be rebuilding my coupler and adding VIP BUSHINGS and expecting my drivetrain for any wear(the manual trans i was told has 120k looks too be in great condition besides for a lil rust) im going too be using a weisco piston setup with eagle h beams, crower cam 2 and was looking at a bisi valvetrain. I plan on boosting thing and making around 350 whp i will go higher if i find another drivetrain in good condition or a shop that can beef up my current one.
www.civicwagon.com[/IMG]www.civicwagon.com[/IMG]www.civicwagon.com[/IMG]www.civicwagon.com[/IMG]www.civicwagon.com[/IMG]www.civicwagon.com[/IMG]

Comments

• Looks good man, keep us posted. Your car is not a wagovan though, just an RT wagon. The wagovan's were base models; with vinyl seats, rear bench seats, rear jail bars, etc.
  • Oops didnt know that, i got a driver side fender for sale if anyone is intrested also willing too trade for certain things maybe oem mud flaps or otherthings also looking for rear trim behinds doors. www.civicwagon.com 163.jpg
  • oh yah almost forgot heres my drivetrain and trans [IMG][/img]33c0ysp.jpg[IMG][/img]zv94eh.jpg[IMG][/img]1433od3.jpg also this is my first performance build so bare with me lol, could someone tell me what the other black thing is not the viscious coupler and what do i all need too finish auto to manual swap? ik i need new mounts shift linkage and pedal assembly and ecu but is there anything else im missing? excuse the mess :o sharing a garage isnt fun :p
  • DP_RT4WDDP_RT4WD New Wagonist
    could someone tell me what the other black thing is not the viscious coupler
    That would be the support bearing (aka carrier bearing) for the center driveshaft (or propeller shaft as it's called in the Honda manual)...

I have the rear quarter panel side trim pieces, both sides, you can txt me at 4(one)0.4(nine)3.1(six)1(nine) and I can get you some pics

Good luck with the build!
  • just some random shots taking interior apart gonna clean may get lightweight carpet have wiring harness all out motor is ready too be droped found some rust not a big deal thats what body work before painting is for have my d16z6 ready also just needs wiring harness out and too be droped buddy has 30% off precision turbos so thats what it looks like im going for right now got the nasty dog smell out of the car for now lol not to bad for a lil elbow grease waiting for engine stand that buddy has and were gonna drop both motors and im going too be sending the z6 in too be clean and possible machined am unsure as of now
    [IMG][/img]IMG_1635.jpg[IMG][/img]IMG_1636.jpg[IMG][/img]IMG_1637.jpg[IMG][/img]IMG_1638.jpg[IMG][/img]IMG_1639.jpg[IMG][/img]IMG_1640.jpg[IMG][/img]IMG_1641.jpg[IMG][/img]IMG_1642.jpg
  • my z6 in the eg that im taking out shortly im also looking for shifter box for a rt4wd, trans mount, shift linkage and pedals will pay good money for shifter box because it is much needed any suggestions or questions just drop a comment i hope you guys enjoy and sorry for lack of pics and updates the winter was brutal in wisconsin and was too cold too be outside working on cars even with garage heater[IMGn
    ]IMG_1643.jpg[/IMG]
  • Finished pulling both motors well sad news the d16z6 is heat stressed and cracking so will not be use im planning on new route now even though i had everything to make z6 work just got rt4wd shift linkage pedal assembley and shifter box but im now going with b series and crv tranny ive talked to a few ppl who have done it and it seems pretty straightforward for the most part now its time for a GSR MOTOR and crv tranny i will be using civic wagon driveshafts and rear end i need driveshaft too be shorten and a custom flange put on too mount to crv tranny
  • PoozMcgueePoozMcguee New Wagonist
    Froum what i read on this site... The front and read diffs don't spin at the same ratio so they say a CRV rear diff is recommended, Civic Wagon Driveshafts? will be DA Integra Front Axles and CRV Shortened Rear axles for that route.