crooked hatch

I recently acquired my first wagon, I traded my dc4 for it. Its a 2wd automatic and was treated like crap until I saved it. But long story short, it had a terrible spray paint job on the tail lights. I went ahead and bought new lights. After I installed them I noticed that my hatch wasn't aligned correctly. It's not straight so its got a gap on the driver side. Does anyone know how to correct this, or is it common on wagons? Any info will be much appreciated.

Comments

• CitySushiCitySushi New Wagonist
    Align the hatch like you would a door or fender. Loosen the bolts on the hinge, make your adjustment and re-tighten.
  • bam-bambam-bam Council Member
    It's very common for the hinges to seize and bend or break on wagons. There really isn't any adjustment to speak of. Oil the hinges to help ease the binding, and shop for some new hinges. The good news? Hatchback hinges are the same.
  • thebodythebody Band Wagon
    I'm in the same boat with my RT. The hinges seized and the previous owner had to pry up the tailgate leaving it crooked and bent. He obviously didn't know about PB blaster LOL. I'm trying to get a new hatch from 503-Hill-Billy, but gotta make the drive from Seattle to Portland. If you have to take it off, there is a great how to in the quick links sticky under bodywork & cosmetic modification.
  • Once again thanks guys. Very much appreciated. I'm trying to bring her back to prime, since its my favorite car I've ever owned